Morrissey and me on the same plane yesterday

Jukebox Jury

Retired
OK, a slightly misleading title....... (but I caught your attention:thumb:) however...... I took two flights yesterday on Icelandair and Morrissey was in front of me on both flights!

The small TV screen on the seat in front of me, when set to the home page, had eight small pictures on, each picture being the lead onto a different type of in house entertainment.
So there was one with The Simpsons for comedy, one with Iceland information, one for films, one for duty free goods etc and one for music.
The picture shown was Morrissey (the picture adorned on the front cover of the greatest hits). Strangely Morrissey songs were not contained within the music directory (was the usual shite of Beatles, Madonna, U2, Coldplay, Eric Clapton etc etc.
Seeing as there was a charge for the headphones and I had a good book to read (which I did from start to finish during the flights) I left the home page on my screen for the whole flight and every now and then I would look up just to make sure Morrissey was still there watching me! And he was (although admittedly his eyes are closed on that picture!:lbf:)

It was a weird and great feeling at the same time knowing that Morrissey was on the home page of every single screen on every single seat on the plane!:cool:

Jukebox Jury

OK, a slightly misleading title....... (but I caught your attention:thumb:) however...... I took two flights yesterday on Icelandair and Morrissey was in front of me on both flights!

The small TV screen on the seat in front of me, when set to the home page, had eight small pictures on, each picture being the lead onto a different type of in house entertainment.
So there was one with The Simpsons for comedy, one with Iceland information, one for films, one for duty free goods etc and one for music.
The picture shown was Morrissey (the picture adorned on the front cover of the greatest hits). Strangely Morrissey songs were not contained within the music directory (was the usual shite of Beatles, Madonna, U2, Coldplay, Eric Clapton etc etc.
Seeing as there was a charge for the headphones and I had a good book to read (which I did from start to finish during the flights) I left the home page on my screen for the whole flight and every now and then I would look up just to make sure Morrissey was still there watching me! And he was (although admittedly his eyes are closed on that picture!:lbf:)

It was a weird and great feeling at the same time knowing that Morrissey was on the home page of every single screen on every single seat on the plane!:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Were you going to or from Iceland? Just wondering. I vacationed there last year.

Were you going to or from Iceland? Just wondering. I vacationed there last year.

Both:) I was changing planes for a connecting flight, with a two hour delay:( Bought the most expensive two beers in my life at the bar:mad:

Jukebox Jury

Both:) I was changing planes for a connecting flight, with a two hour delay:( Bought the most expensive two beers in my life at the bar:mad:

Jukebox Jury

Viking :thumb:

It's really great. I can imagine your emotion. Morrisseu should be every time in flights.. for listening or for talking.. could you imagine that?

I imagine that it was a bit like when I was on a plane and browsed through the inflight magazine. Three of my favourite musicians were in there and it was one of the best flights I ever had. :)

The Jonas Brothers?

sorry, was a stupid joke about some Disney popstars.

I googled them. The future Britney Spearse trio. Cool. :thumb: One can only imagine how high their sales will be once that turn will happen. No, it was not them. Neither Cliff Richard or Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom