Morrissey and Linder

I dont know, I mean, in 1978 Morrissey was 19 and Linder 24.....
Just cant see it myself, without a doubt he was infatuated by her, whether a crush or just merely by her attitude, influences and social support. I think that's as far as it went.
The Goat

5 years is not much of an age gap at all! That's nothing, really. A lot of people have their first relationship with someone a bit older (not that it proves or disproves anything about Moz & Linder).

Linder is absolutely stunning, thanks to the people who posted those pics. But Morrissey compared her look to "a female Eugene Sandow" in that earlier essay -- not exactly a flattering remark!
Eugen_Sandow.jpg

Last edited:
Linder is absolutely stunning, thanks to the people who posted those pics. But Morrissey compared her look to "a female Eugene Sandow" in that earlier essay -- not exactly a flattering remark!
LOL I don't think he meant it like that. He compared her to a "female Eugene Sandow" - he didn't say she looked like him! :D

She probably wouldn't mind it. She was really into bodybuilding at some point - she mentions in her monograph that she used to body-build for two years (around 1982-84, I think)!!

Anyway... "a naturally beautiful woman", "physically embodies the ideal", that's very flattering!

Mr. Bracewell's is quite the penman! I've just wondered about the Micheal-Linder-Morrissey thing cos Morrissey said once that he's often the third person in a messy triangle. I think it was in the I-D 2004 interview (I've never actually found that interview, wish I could read it - apparently he talks about that guy 'having fun' with himself on his car!):D
He really said that?? I would love to see the interview where he said it. I have scans of the 2004 I.D. interview, but it's not in it. It is a good interview, if you can concentrate only on Morrissey's answers and disregard journalist's moronic comments. :rolleyes:

And, um... what was that about 'having fun' on a car??? Who was doing that?!

He really said that?? I would love to see the interview where he said it. I have scans of the 2004 I.D. interview, but it's not in it. It is a good interview, if you can concentrate only on Morrissey's answers and disregard journalist's moronic comments. :rolleyes:

And, um... what was that about 'having fun' on a car??? Who was doing that?!

Hmmmm....I thought it was that interview. How do you download those files? Do you have to become a member? The interview it's in is mentioned in David Bretts' book - will have a look later and tell u.

Hmmmm....I thought it was that interview. How do you download those files? Do you have to become a member? The interview it's in is mentioned in David Bretts' book - will have a look later and tell u.
:confused: No, you don't have to become a member to download or upload anything. Why, are you having trouble with the link? I've both uploaded and downloaded lots of stuff and I never had any problems with sendspace.

Back
Top Bottom