Morrissey and Lady Diana

the judge

(*ispired by a video linked in the Moz/Smiths parodies thread and a documentary I saw yesterday*)

What does Morrissey think about Diana? Did he like her?
And Did Lady D like The Smiths and/or Morrissey?

I'm just curious about that.

Last edited:
Well he foresaw her death y'know.

(Sarcasm)

Well he foresaw her death y'know.

(Sarcasm)

I said this on the Parody thread..

Morrissey has a direct phone line to God....

Somebody must be off recharging their batteries

Last edited:
I have an interview from a radio show in 1997 in which the presenter asks Morrissey about Diana and what he thought of her death. He described hearing she had been in an accident on television and then, several hours later, hearing she had since died. He said he didn't feel any sadness at all. He said 'well, what has she done? Has she ever had anything interesting to say?' When the presenter bought up the subject of all of her humanitarian work, Morrissey said that she had to do that work. That charity work is part of being a royal and, hence, was part of her job, rather than being indicative of her own good will.

He said in june 1986
"Diana herself has never uttered one statement that has been of any use to any member of the human race. If we have to put up with these ugly individuals, why can't they at least do something off the mark"

another quote this one from march 1985
"To me there is something dramatically ugly about a person who can wear a dress for £6,000 when at the same time there are people who can't afford to eat"

I took those quotes from the book Morrissey in his own words.

As i was reading the 2nd one I thought, as opposed to someone who throws a £300 shirt away to be torn up.

hmmm I don't often think that negative.

did'nt he say somewhere that he felt sorry for her for marrying in to the Royal Family? or something along those lines?

I have an interview from a radio show in 1997 in which the presenter asks Morrissey about Diana and what he thought of her death. He described hearing she had been in an accident on television and then, several hours later, hearing she had since died. He said he didn't feel any sadness at all. He said 'well, what has she done? Has she ever had anything interesting to say?' When the presenter bought up the subject of all of her humanitarian work, Morrissey said that she had to do that work. That charity work is part of being a royal and, hence, was part of her job, rather than being indicative of her own good will.

I think that is slightly harsh if he did say that. Although i have not really had strong opinions bout her, she did do alot of covert charity work away from the public eye.

I think that is slightly harsh if he did say that. Although i have not really had strong opinions bout her, she did do alot of covert charity work away from the public eye.

I think the radio presenter was quite taken aback by it too! heehe

He said in june 1986
"Diana herself has never uttered one statement that has been of any use to any member of the human race. If we have to put up with these ugly individuals, why can't they at least do something off the mark"

"To me there is something dramatically ugly about a person who can wear a dress for £6,000 when at the same time there are people who can't afford to eat"

As i was reading the 2nd one I thought, as opposed to someone who throws a £300 shirt away to be torn up.

You do have a very good point.

You do have a very good point.

Morrissey ordered the Hit on Diana :rolleyes:

Yeah...I can see Morrissey as Bond...

But as Blofield?

Those shirts Morrissey throws into the audience 2-3 times a night cost 300 pounds!? (I don't have the pound sign on my keyboard.) That's insane! He probably requires the venues to furnish them as part of his rider. Imagine how much money that would cost him through an entire tour. I figured he must buy them in bulk at Sam's Club or something.

Those shirts Morrissey throws into the audience 2-3 times a night cost 300 pounds!? (I don't have the pound sign on my keyboard.) That's insane! He probably requires the venues to furnish them as part of his rider. Imagine how much money that would cost him through an entire tour. I figured he must buy them in bulk at Sam's Club or something.

:D lol....oh come on..NOT MOZZER!! :D :p

LOL Morrissey is full of shit, but that's part of him being him. and why we love him.

I mean, he criticizes Diana, and Madonna, and Paris, etc...
But look at him, coming out in Gucci and Prada shirts/Suits. while yes, people are starving.
I dunno, I love Morrissey's music...but as a person, I think he's quite confused...and well, very human.

Back
Top Bottom