Morrissey and Johnny - Quotes about each other

A

Anonymous

I would love to know all the things Moz and Johnny said about each other over the years. Everything, nice and nasty. I'm not sure but I have a gut feeling that Moz has actually more reason to be angry at Johnny than vice versa. From my memory Johnny always was less nice than Moz (apart from recent years), so it always surprises me when Moz gets squashed for not wanting a friendship anymore today.

I would love to know all the things Moz and Johnny said about each other over the years. Everything, nice and nasty. I'm not sure but I have a gut feeling that Moz has actually more reason to be angry at Johnny than vice versa. From my memory Johnny always was less nice than Moz (apart from recent years), so it always surprises me when Moz gets squashed for not wanting a friendship anymore today.

we are very much in agreement. I think for the most part moz himself has kept fairly quiet about it all.

No point to ponder,
Jettisoned again and again against the rocks, nearly going under.
All that is left is to wander.
What is, what was, what will....
More than a lifetime of fill.
No longer sitting near the window sill.
xx

Same!!! i've always find their relationship (or lack of) really fascinating, but i feel that Johnny and Morrissey both hurt each other. I feel like they have a history that none of us knows about and probably will never get to know tbh :/

I know everyone wants the bitter hatred (of which there is plenty), but a couple of more positive post-split quotes from Moz on Johnny:

Q: Do you love Johnny Marr?
M:"Yes... that's not a hard one. I loved and love Johnny Marr, but I feel tremendous indifference to 'Bruce' and 'Rick'... We speak constantly, which is a great joy to me because after the great gulf of the horrendous breakdown, it was truly uplifting for us to become friends again and to realise that he was still as funny and creative and uplifting to be around. He's enormously underrated as a musician and, dare I say it, as a personality. He has an extraordinary mind and knowledge of music but I think he's quite happy to not be at the forefront of anything these days. And the way I feel about The Smiths and the way Johnny feels are in accordance." (Q Magazine, 1994)

Q: “Were you in love with Johnny Marr?”
M: “Sexually? Absolutely not. There was a love and it was mutual and equal but it wasn’t physical or sexual.There are lots of people post-Smiths who would like to make some dramatic homosexual story. There never was one. It’s often said that Johnny rescued me but he was also bobbing about in his own lifeboat.” (GQ Magazine, 2005)

Morrissey: “We both had an astonishingly solid sense of direction, and we very rarely disagreed which was unusual because we were opposites—he was full of excitement for everything and I was … not.”- Mojo Magazine, 2012

Marr: "When he met me, he knew we were different in the way we expressed ourselves, but the most important thing to him spiritually was the most important thing to me spiritually. You can’t be that close with someone for that length of time and go through what we went through on a minute-by-minute basis without having the ultimate connection. I know it sounds very poetic, but that’s what kept us together. Only he and I know that something like a fight or a difference in lifestyles or court cases or who said what in the press about who, or what fans might say, is pretty small change compared to the connection we have. It’s very deep. In short, there’s a very big part of him that I understand. And he knows it"
-Magnet Magazine, 2002

Love this thread it's been a long time since I read and I can't rea a note of johnnys work is Is it me or is morrissey gay an right of wing? Cccfxx

Back
Top Bottom