Morrissey Central "Morrissey and Jackson Browne" (December 18, 2022)

Morrissey and Jackson Browne

B9d0nNYCMAA53n3_cahdzi.jpg

The very same day: Morrissey and Buffy Sainte-Marie

Unknown-1_copy_5_vs4c0k.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to understand, what could be the reason to post this old picture now on Central. A cover version of "Running on empty" or just the usual "Moz with other big stars"?

I think it’s cute that Morrissey is still such a fan, handing Buffy a copy of World Peace, because she probably didn’t know who he was.

Though I do believe he did try to get her to open for him on some earlier tour(?)
Wasn't a record by Buffy one of his first purchases?

She was guest artist at his 2015 show in Belfast, though oddly as far as I can find, this gets no mention in pretty scrappy M-solo coverage of the concert at the time, but it is confirmed by other sources, including myself, as I was there, and was bowled over, to boot.

Wasn't a record by Buffy one of his first purchases?

She was guest artist at his 2015 show in Belfast, though oddly as far as I can find, this gets no mention in pretty scrappy M-solo coverage of the concert at the time, but it is confirmed by other sources, including myself, as I was there, and was bowled over, to boot.
All support acts are catalogued in their wiki entry per respective concert:

(See: "opening act").

Also summary per tour:
Regards,
FWD.

All support acts are catalogued in their wiki entry per respective concert:

(See: "opening act").

Also summary per tour:
Regards,
FWD.
Nice job, FWD. No mention of the opening act in the comments, if you comb through them, is still strange. Anyway, all present and correct so : )

Nice job, FWD. No mention of the opening act in the comments, if you comb through them, is still strange. Anyway, all present and correct so : )
Re: record.

"In late June the Montreal Symphony are hosting a TV Special to salute Buffy Sainte-Marie's 50th year making music. I am honored to be asked to take part. I first bought a Buffy Sainte-Marie record when I was 12, and her music has always remained with me. In the 1960s, as a political activist, Buffy's lyrics were fearless, and I'm very grateful for all the risks that she took."

FWD.

The tour page for the year has the opening act info:

as well as the wiki page you linked to.

Otherwise they are commenting on it being 'scrappy' after leaving the site for many years. odd.

It's a very common look for men of a certain age. I don't do it. I wear suits myself.
In the past I would have worn a shirt and blazer and jeans on a night out. In recent years my friends tend to wear tshirts and jeans so I sometimes go for tshirt (usually a music or movie theme - subtle instead of obvious in the case of movies), blazer and jeans if it's not winter. Winter months I'll wear a bomber jacket, tshirt and jeans. Which is a longwinded way of saying I wouldn't insist on wearing a shirt if everyone else is more casual. As for suits, for a funeral or wedding.
Jesus please move me to off-topic bollix verbal diarrhoea forum.

I think it’s cute that Morrissey is still such a fan, handing Buffy a copy of World Peace, because she probably didn’t know who he was.

Though I do believe he did try to get her to open for him on some earlier tour(?)
She opened for him in Birmingham UK during the WPINOYB tour around that time

His 'team' post pictures of him with influencers/heroes of his.

The context seems to be 'Look, he used to be a fan but now he's their peer'

You don't see the people that he's pictured with often posting on their social media that they met Moz on this day 8+ years ago though, thus marking him out as still craving credibility and acceptance from those he used to listen to; and still not a peer.

Moz, your work is done. You were good in your time.

The tour page for the year has the opening act info:

as well as the wiki page you linked to.

Otherwise they are commenting on it being 'scrappy' after leaving the site for many years. odd.
Why odd? The comment stands. It's no reflection on FWD who does a disservice to him/herself if attempting to defend the muck flying around then. I noticed some words added by FWD in that thread that were as relevant and measured as ever but that was the exception, it appears to me.

As far as I can see, FWD has been stalwart for years amid skin and hair flying, reminding me a bit of Jesse actually, who also deserves more appreciation, especially after the find here of a dropped song he co-wrote - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...e-the-poem-in-i-thought-you-were-dead.150202/

Thanks for filling in the gaps, and best wishes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom