Morrissey and his Mum

Re: Morrissey's family...

One question that has always puzzled me is what is his relationship with his family? I doubt anyone knows for sure but I heard when he's gigging in Manchester he always stays in a hotel?! :confused:

Strange if his family still live there...

Just curious as to know

He's staying at my house after the Apollo gigs, but don't tell anyone, especially 'No Place Like Rome' or he'll be stalking around Moston like a fly on shit:rolleyes::D

Jukebox Jury

Re: Morrissey's family

Have you read Jonnhy Rogan's Severed Alliance?
The book tells you many things about his family.

It's normal to stay in a hotel when he's touring.

I heard many years ago that the book was bull and none of the people that really knew or know Morrissey and Marr contributed so I've avoided it.

do you rate it Kewpie or are the sources the type who'd met him once for an hour and have then formed a lifelong opinion from that fleeting meeting?

I heard many years ago that the book was bull and none of the people that really knew or know Morrissey and Marr contributed so I've avoided it.

do you rate it Kewpie or are the sources the type who'd met him once for an hour and have then formed a lifelong opinion from that fleeting meeting?

I have spoken with Mike Joyce about the book..... he said he obviously doesn't know about Morrissey pre Smiths.... but what he wrote about The Smiths he was amazed at..... very accurate considering Rogan was never there.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Have you read Jonnhy Rogan's Severed Alliance?
The book tells you many things about his family.

It's normal to stay in a hotel when he's touring.

I have read the severed alliance...but it seemed to say more about his relationship with his mum and family BEFORE.

thanks for moving me to this thread :)

I have read the severed alliance...but it seemed to say more about his relationship with his mum and family BEFORE.

thanks for moving me to this thread :)

Well he lived with his family / mum right up until success with The Smiths..... then he moved to London and everywhere else he has lived since....

Jukebox Jury

This was just posted on the lj Morrissey_shot

mozmum.jpg

Had you seen it before?

Am I the only person who had never seen this before?!

HE LOOKS ADORABLE :love:

I love his expression :) it looks like he really loves his mum :)
beautiful...she looks like a really nice lady too

Well he lived with his family / mum right up until success with The Smiths..... then he moved to London and everywhere else he has lived since....

Jukebox Jury

You'll find gf23 that jukebox jury can tell you all this cos he's spent the best part of the last 20 years pestering the living daylights out of him. Morrissey long since filed him away as a nuisance fan:crazy:

Jukebox Jury

I remember him on the One Show not long ago talking about how his mum loved the show and to say hello to her :love:

You'll find gf23 that jukebox jury can tell you all this cos he's spent the best part of the last 20 years pestering the living daylights out of him. Morrissey long since filed him away as a nuisance fan:crazy:

You are mistaking me for EPbabe:rofl:

Jukebox Jury

I have spoken with Mike Joyce about the book..... he said he obviously doesn't know about Morrissey pre Smiths.... but what he wrote about The Smiths he was amazed at..... very accurate considering Rogan was never there.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

so who spoke to him(Rogan) to give secrets away for money?
I heard it didn't reflect well on Morrissey so I didn't bother reading it as I'm so very biased in his favour and I do feel that a lot of people like say Tony Wilson (stands out through previous comments) liked to hang on to a few memories by making themselves more important and make it seem that they knew him so well when in fact I doubt they had deep meaningful conversations.
so many of these sources like their drink and drugs whereas Morrissey didn't need it. they are not all sober accounts.
I would believe James Maker, Linder and Johnny in a heartbeat not Joyce or Rourke.

so who spoke to him(Rogan) to give secrets away for money?
I heard it didn't reflect well on Morrissey so I didn't bother reading it as I'm so very biased in his favour and I do feel that a lot of people like say Tony Wilson (stands out through previous comments) liked to hang on to a few memories by making themselves more important and make it seem that they knew him so well when in fact I doubt they had deep meaningful conversations.
so many of these sources like their drink and drugs whereas Morrissey didn't need it. they are not all sober accounts.
I would believe James Maker, Linder and Johnny in a heartbeat not Joyce or Rourke.

I doubt very much that Rogan paid people to speak about Morrissey. And you think Tony Wilson really needed anecdotes about Morrissey to make him more important than he was:rolleyes:

So it didn't reflect well on Morrissey (your words). So what if that what was written was correct? You didn't bother reading it because it is correct but Morrissey didn't approve or it didn't reflect well on him?
I'm not saying it was or wasn't correct.... what I'm saying is read it with an open mind and then judge for yourself.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

I doubt very much that Rogan paid people to speak about Morrissey. And you think Tony Wilson really needed anecdotes about Morrissey to make him more important than he was:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

yes, He always called him Steven which is really rude when someone requests a different name. It's all about control, it's saying I knew you when people called you odd and weird and to me you're still that boy and you always will be. you can't leave your past cos I won't let you.
Alan Bennett, Nancy Sinatra,(who are great) plus Johnny respect his wish to forget that feeling he had pre Smiths.

Last edited:
Tags
photo
Back
Top Bottom