Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

Re: Article: Morrissey

I wouldn't say I 'endorse' it in the way that I approve of what is said. I guess you could say I endorse it in that I acknowledge the link is real and is interesting. I highlighted links to the Diana/Morrissey phenomenon several times (link), but that doesn't mean I personally believe any of it.

There's truth in this, Morrissey's "connection to pedophilia" is better on a crazy blog than a logical blog, but it's dangerous in that some will consider a title TRUTH without investigating the article. By putting it on the main page David is endorsing this phenomena.

Last edited:

The fact the blog is as you describe is actually a good thing isn't it?

The accusation that Morrissey is linked to paedophiles is nowhere near as serious as the one currently awaiting a court date. That is the one Morrissey should be concerned about, not this nonsense. If there is an iota of truth to that he will be in trouble.

Of course, I understand this is the biggest stick davidt's opponents have had to beat him with for some time, but as the offending post is obviously staying this thread will slowly and surely pass into history. Soon people will only refer to it in the past tense. "No wonder Morrissey hates Solo. Do you remember the time..."

Some will see it as more evidence of davidt's ambition to make Morrissey's life a misery, and others, I think a significant majority, will wonder how David has the patience to continue to support a site which promotes an ingrate of such monstrous proportions as Morrissey.

In other words, business as usual.

Hello Johnny. It's been awhile. How have you been?

I wouldn't say I 'endorse' it in the way that I approve of what is said. I guess you could say I endorse it in that I acknowledge the link is real and is interesting. I highlighted links to the Diana/Morrissey phenomenon several times (link), but that doesn't mean I personally believe any of it.

HaaHaHeeheehehehehhheeeee.....laughter trails off into a canyon of despair.......

In normal discourse there is a line you can approach, even tread on a few times, if the need arises. If you look over your shoulder that line is several yards behind you.

Welcome to the world of all the people opposed to considering this blog a Morrissey item of interest.

Morrissey and Cliff Richard should both sue the hell out of that website! That is just ridiculous.

As a survivor of child sexual abuse, I can say that "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" was one of the songs that kept me from killing myself many many times. When I first heard that song when I was about 12 or 13 years old, it immediately spoke to me and comforted me from my ugly memories and trauma. That song made Morrissey a protector for me. I was all that mattered in that song. He would protect my so that it never never happened again... The one who would stand up against the abuser of my nightmares and my childhood. He even mentions that "your mother never knew - I did my best for her..." and with that song he did. He did the best for me until I was ready to tell her about my abuse at the age of 25. For that reason alone - Morrissey will always have a special place in my heart.

Morrissey and Cliff Richard should both sue the hell out of that website! That is just ridiculous.

As a survivor of child sexual abuse, I can say that "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" was one of the songs that kept me from killing myself many many times. When I first heard that song when I was about 12 or 13 years old, it immediately spoke to me and comforted me from my ugly memories and trauma. That song made Morrissey a protector for me. I was all that mattered in that song. He would protect my so that it never never happened again... The one who would stand up against the abuser of my nightmares and my childhood. He even mentions that "your mother never knew - I did my best for her..." and with that song he did. He did the best for me until I was ready to tell her about my abuse at the age of 25. For that reason alone - Morrissey will always have a special place in my heart.

Both the songs mentioned in the blog, Suffer Little Children and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle are endlessly beautiful. That the author didn't understand or wilfully misinterpreted the lyrics once more indicates his foolishness.

What I find amazing with the open nature of this site is that I never know what to expect - there may be be threats and outrage, but then a touching comment like this. Even though the song is decades old, I have not heard someone give their experience of "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" in that way.

I'm sorry a child sexually abused you. May your physical and emotional wounds heal & God have mercy on your soul.

What I find amazing with the open nature of this site is that I never know what to expect - there may be be threats and outrage, but then a touching comment like this. Even though the song is decades old, I have not heard someone give their experience of "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" in that way.

This ability to connect on a human level, to many people that I know....including myself, is why I respect Morrissey as an artist.

He has been like a raw nerve of humanity in the sea of the superficial music "Industry".

So is this the Kumbaya portion of the thread where we justify dragging Morrissey's name through useless dirt in order to glean light from the darkness of an insane blogger?

So is this the Kumbaya portion of the thread where we justify dragging Morrissey's name through useless dirt in order to glean light from the darkness of an insane blogger?

Makes everything that preceded this moment seem rather puny...doesn't it?

This is the only reason I ever came here in the first place...I thought this was an online community of people that appreciated the artist known as Morrissey, as much as I.

Makes everything that preceded this moment seem rather puny...doesn't it?

This is the only reason I ever came here in the first place...I thought this was an online community of people that appreciated the artist known as Morrissey, as much as I.

I think it brushes important topics under the carpet. This thread shouldn't exist but in the forum.

You know what? Ignore me, I'm in a bad mood I gotta poop. Bye.

There's truth in this, Morrissey's "connection to pedophilia" is better on a crazy blog than a logical blog, but it's dangerous in that some will consider a title TRUTH without investigating the article. By putting it on the main page David is endorsing this phenomena.

"Some people" believe any old shit regardless, though. The very phrase "some people" has become a shorthand for rolling news, as in "some people" meaning "one man and his dog thinks". The BBC do it all the time. Their phone-ins, and I'm sure yours over there, can find someone to say black in white on any topic under the sun.

You simply can't censor things based on a mythical "some people" who either don't exist or are so few in number as to be statistically irrelevant.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom