Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

Re: Morrissey and his links to paedophiles?

I'm sorry, but that reasoning is bullshit and you should know it. We're all for posting responsible views that are against the PR Morrissey would love us to swallow. This is not it. That article is a load of crap and most folks with a few bits of sense know it. The fact that you refuse to review with a sense of responsible journalism is disappointing at best and f***ing retarded at worst. Perhaps you need to review http://www.journalism.org/resources/principles-of-journalism/

Well said.

If interest is the bar an article has to get under then this site may as well be called Morrissey-Drivel.com. Morons are basically interested in anything you serve up to them. It's the internet for god's sake. Interest/Internet... notice the similarity?

Yes, but I prefer sardines.

Are you familiar with Appeal to Pity?

I thought I provided honest answers.
And addressed your points as best as I could.
I am sorry I failed to deliver the responses you expected.
I am just one person with an opinion.
I have a right to share it, just as you do.

Good God, you were on a f***en roll there, Jehne. Major lols. Pathetic.

Let's just be thankful there isn't a drinking game for every time Jehne says "I." I got shit to do tomorrow. :D

And how would you know that for sure? I'm not claiming I know either way. I couldn't possibly. How can you?

Argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

The fallaciousness of arguments from ignorance does not mean that one can never possess good reasons for thinking that something does not exist, an idea captured by philosopher Bertrand Russell's teapot, a hypothetical china teapot revolving about the sun between Earth and Mars; however this would fall more duly under the arena of pragmatism[vague], wherein a position must be demonstrated or proven in order to be upheld, and therefore the burden of proof is on the argument's proponent.[citation needed] See also Occam's razor ("prefer the explanation with the fewest assumptions").

This isn't news, it's calculated false logic designed to slander Morrissey's reputation, not elicit discussion. To pretend otherwise is to assume the arguer has a secret agenda. End of story.

Argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

The fallaciousness of arguments from ignorance does not mean that one can never possess good reasons for thinking that something does not exist, an idea captured by philosopher Bertrand Russell's teapot, a hypothetical china teapot revolving about the sun between Earth and Mars; however this would fall more duly under the arena of pragmatism[vague], wherein a position must be demonstrated or proven in order to be upheld, and therefore the burden of proof is on the argument's proponent.[citation needed] See also Occam's razor ("prefer the explanation with the fewest assumptions").

This isn't news, it's calculated false logic designed to slander Morrissey's reputation, not elicit discussion. To pretend otherwise is to assume the arguer has a secret agenda. End of story.

None of that proves how anyone can know for certain that its not true. My goodness, can we rise above Wiki quotes? So pedestrian.
Ouija board.......Ouija board.......would you help me? Because I still do not know what to believe about Morrissey...........

This is priceless. Epitomizes the sycophantic sheep mentality perfectly.

How you can defend the decision (not the man :rolleyes: ) to post this nonsense on the main page (or anywhere, really) as justifiable, remotely interesting or news worthy speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. Though, I must admit, I'm certainly not shocked by your behavior.

But let's address the quote.

No. His comment does not epitomize anything. You love the word sycophant; however, you don't know what it really means, Jehne. A true sycophant is someone who sucks up to another person in hopes of gaining something they want in return. You need to learn what the word means yourself since you like tossing it around so much. My admiration for Morrissey is not sycophantic, for example, because I am not gaining anything (from him or anyone else) by admiring him.

See, Dear "free thinker"?

Speaking of free thinking...why don't you free think yourself way out into the deepest, darkest depths of space and GET LOST.

f***ing hell.

David T this is an all time low for your site! I am done here! You are twisted, you are poison and you deserve everything that is hopefully coming to you! Where do you draw the line at responsible posting? Nowhere it seems! I hope that this sees the demise of Morrissey Solo!

Agreed.

Because most people think that it's not drawing attention to the article but rather drawing attention to your dislike of Morrissey. This "article" contains as much crap as the Blue Rose bullshit but you don't post their insane ramblings to the front page. You've succeeded in proving your critics right. This isn't about showing equal time to Morrissey's stupid statements. This is about you putting the foot in. And all your supporters get dragged in along with you. Well done.

Masses as in majority. Not as in massive. Site traffic is down? Really? Do you have some links to back up this claim?

They bail... like you... but they always return... like you. Solo actually has registered dozens of new users in the last few months who are contributing regularly and enthusiastically.

I have proof. When I started coming here, same time as you, there were Thousands of active users. "Dozens" you say, that's laughable compared to the amount of new users that signed up around the time of the previous 3 albums. Also, I never left. But you took an extended break, right? You "bailed" and you "returned."

It is upsetting to be linked to pedophilia. That is why as a meat eater I find this statement by Morrissey to be troubling: "I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia."

That CE blog entry is bogus. Any one with a few brain cells can figure that out. Why can't Morrissey figure out that eating meat is not the same as pedophilia?

Morrissey thinks that if we stop killing and eating animals the world would be a better more peaceful place. He's right.

It just wouldn't be the world that is.....

Morrissey thinks that if we stop killing and eating animals the world would be a better more peaceful place. He's right.

It just wouldn't be the world that is.....

Many people think that. How many think that eating meat is the moral equivalent to sexually abusing children? (Technically pedophilia is the sexual attraction to children regardless if it is acted upon. So is craving a steak the moral equivalent of pedophilia then? Wow, even vegans claim to still crave meat at times. How daft can Morrissey be?)

But let's address the quote.

No. His comment does not epitomize anything. You love the word sycophant; however, you don't know what it really means, Jehne. A true sycophant is someone who sucks up to another person in hopes of gaining something they want in return. You need to learn what the word means yourself since you like tossing it around so much. My admiration for Morrissey is not sycophantic, for example, because I am not gaining anything (from him or anyone else) by admiring him.

I DO know what a sycophant is. Anybody who worships a god is a sycophant. Kiss god's arse; get rewarded in the afterlife or maybe this life as well. Didn't somebody say Moz is god?

See, Dear "free thinker"?

Speaking of free thinking...why don't you free think yourself way out into the deepest, darkest depths of space and GET LOST.

f***ing hell.

I'd prefer to go by rocket if you don't mind.

giphy.gif

This recent article is disgusting, totally shameful. In no way can David justify this as newsworthy, it is bile plain and simple. By posting this and leaving it David you are coming across as hateful and vindictive. Your readers have also spoken, they want it gone, yet it remains. If your audience is yourself, by all means leave it up. Do so, however, and this site will fester and decline to a point where only a few trolls remain.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom