Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

Re: Morrissey and his links to paedophiles?

You can't start drawing lines in the sand, either 100% freedom of speech or shut the site down. It's a nothing thread, it's ridiculous and should be treated as such, ignored or laughed off. The reaction from you guys is making it into a story in itself, should be ashamed really.

Well equally I could call you out on your complacency regarding the issue and suggest you should be ashamed but you know, where does that get us?

As far as I can tell, no one is asking for censorship. The objection is not that the link was posted or allowed on the forums, it's that it was deemed significant enough to be promoted to the main page.

So what makes any of the other posts more significant? Define a significant post or shut the f*** up. All I ever see on the main page is B.ghoul starting pointless polls, what colour socks is morrissey wearing today..

WHY IS THIS DESCRIBED AS AN "ARTICLE"!!??? Haha, Jesus Christ.
It's some nutter who runs a hysterical paranoid blog. It's not an article.
f***ing hell; how wrong can you be?

You know, I used to think that most of the people on this site really hate Morrissey, but the negative reception of this article by the majority of people tells me that folks here just want a good discussion about real news, and "news" like this one should be left on the fringes of the web along with "9/11 was an inside job", "the moon landing was faked" and "jay-z and lady gaga are illuminati puppets".

It's because of phony information like this one that a lot of people gave up on this site and moved on to other forums.

You can't start drawing lines in the sand, either 100% freedom of speech or shut the site down. It's a nothing thread, it's ridiculous and should be treated as such, ignored or laughed off. The reaction from you guys is making it into a story in itself, should be ashamed really.

I never thought DavidT ever did a single objectionable thing on this site until today, and I have been reading it for so many years I can't even remember when I started. This is crossing a line. This is giving credibility to incoherent raving drooling soft-headed bullshit as it hurls one of the worst charges possible at Morrissey without any substantiation whatsoever. A picture of Morrissey with his nephew on the cover of Years of Refusal? DavidT's "item of interest" defense worked until today. This is trash, trash, pure f***ing trash, and it's smeared all over DavidT's face.

Stay out of the gutter, DavidT. Quit trying to defend wading in the gutter, A none E Mouse. This is indefensible.

David t is a stalker......this confirms it...and Morrisseys feelings about him.

So what makes any of the other posts more significant? Define a significant post or shut the f*** up. All I ever see on the main page is B.ghoul starting pointless polls, what colour socks is morrissey wearing today..

Grow up you pathetic old man.

As phenomenally idiotic as that blog is, my (and many others') issue here is not with the fact that it was allowed to be posted in the forums, but with Davidt's decision to put it to the main page. There is a vast difference between allowing all forum posts to remain and specifically choosing to promote certain ones to the main page. It IS ridiculous and should be treated as such—we agree on that! Davidt, however, thinks it's valuable to the point of making it a top story on the front page of the site. THAT is the distinction.

Andddddddd, it's only become a story through all your comments, geez get a brain. Ignore it and this thread would have been dead half an hour ago.

I've long respected davidt's commitment to posting news about Morrissey, whether it be good, bad or indifferent but I must side with the majority here and say that sticking that headline on the main page is in poor judgement.

It's unsubstantiated and inflammatory and with the billboard news about his contract dropping today I'd expect some of the press to be dropping by to see fan reactions, now they're going to see that and they'll run with it.

Please take it down davidt; nothing good can come of it.

Exactly. As far as I could see, the link is old. Dates to the tour cancelation. So why post it main page and now?

David, this shows your true colors and it ain't pretty.

You people have no ability to censor and think critically for yourselves. The blog is lame: the opinions of one attention starved person winding us all up for the thrill of it. Perhaps they don't even truly believe what they are saying. Who here even remotely thinks Moz is a pedophile? Not me. Why is this blog post so threatening? Do you really think it is going to convince others that he is? I don't. Only ignorant simpletons who are already prejudiced against the man will even give any consideration to it.

Ignore it. Or set the blogger straight.

My guess is that this thread, and the hysteria and controversy that has ensued for davidt posting it on the main page, is going to make the 'news', furthering the discussion and outcry. Not a bad thing. I am glad to be reminded that there are delusional, paranoid, homophobic idiots online spreading hate and lies. Thanks davidt for bringing it to our attention.

This is beyond vile.
I posted a link in 'other' artists to the Cliff story as it was breaking news.
To take that and warp it is hideous.
Stating that the alleged behaviour of Sir Cliff is linked to Morrissey is like saying every band and artist on TOTPs when J.Savile presented it was aiding and abetting him.
Piss poor logic and utterly contemptible.
FWD

Here we go lol, i wondered how long before someone would be proclaiming "freedom of speech". The whole point of any freedoms is that they come with responsibilities. It's only teenagers and halfwits who labour under the misapprehension that freedom of speech means you can just publish anything you like without fear of comeback. Otherwise I could say David and Uncle Bikini were paedos who abused vulnerable children, couldn't I? The line in the sand is RESPONSIBILTY, not the freedom to libel with impunity. And David has crossed that line. The fact that he won't withdraw the piece in the face of so much criticism betrays an asinine childishness which speaks volumes about this site. Again, a site that consistently criticises for Morrissey for deviousness and childishness is shown to be equally devious (posting the piece on the front page and then attempting to justify it) and childish. Double standards much?

As phenomenally idiotic as that blog is, my (and many others') issue here is not with the fact that it was allowed to be posted in the forums, but with Davidt's decision to put it to the main page. There is a vast difference between allowing all forum posts to remain and specifically choosing to promote certain ones to the main page. It IS ridiculous and should be treated as such—we agree on that! Davidt, however, thinks it's valuable to the point of making it a top story on the front page of the site. THAT is the distinction.

When I first visited the site and saw the headline I nearly had a cardiac. I honestly thought it was some terrible Operation Yewtree revelation or something of that seriousness.

And now it's been posted on the Morrissey-Solo Facebook page. Pretty soon it will be spread by multitudes of people, and an association between "Morrissey" and "pedophile" will be created. Is this David T's way of getting revenge on Morrissey or something?

You people have no ability to censor and think critically for yourselves. The blog is lame: the opinions of one attention starved person winding us all up for the thrill of it. Perhaps they don't even truly believe what they are saying. Who here even remotely thinks Moz is a pedophile? Not me. Why is this blog post so threatening? Do you really think it is going to convince others that he is? I don't. Only ignorant simpletons who are already prejudiced against the man will even give any consideration to it.

Ignore it. Or set the blogger straight.

My guess is that this thread, and the hysteria and controversy that has ensued for davidt posting it on the main page, is going to make the 'news', furthering the discussion and outcry. Not a bad thing. I am glad to be reminded that there are delusional, paranoid, homophobic idiots online spreading hate and lies. Thanks davidt for bringing it to our attention.

Whoa I agree with you, for once.

Or set the blogger straight.

Do you honestly think the writer of that blog would listen to reason??
He gets off on people attacking him, just read the other posts on there.
Jesus, what a thicko.

When I first visited the site and saw the headline I nearly had a cardiac. I honestly thought it was some terrible Operation Yewtree revelation or something of that seriousness.

You nearly had a cardiac? Read that back to yourself and feel embarrassed, pussy!

It's horrible. No wonder the forum's resident old-man-pretending-to-be-a-troll is in favour.

Re:

David t is a stalker......this confirms it...and Morrisseys feelings about him.

Huh?

You are saying that someone bought a ticket to see a live show, then he / she is a stalker.
David never stalked anyone.

Really pathetic to see you here because you don't miss an opportunity to jump on bandwagon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom