Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

In 2004, when you joined there were thousands of active users. This continued from before Quarry to ROTT to YOR and beyond. Main Page polls at a low got 2,000 votes and at a high over 10,000. When the votes on Main Page polls started to decline to below 1,000 votes (and this included anonymous users) , David pulled them stating "slow load time" was the reason. As if, these stupid GIFs and giant signatures don't slow the site down. Whether site traffic is up or down, only David knows. However, the number of active users has plummeted and that is a fact.

Even if that was the case you would expect them to turn up somewhere else on the web. There are a few huddling together for warmth over on All You Need Is Morrissey but where are all the others? They've fallen away after a decade of average to poor songwriting coupled with Morrissey's bullshit idiocy on a range of topics.

Just as Nirvana forums have slowly tailed off after Cobain's suicide, Morrissey, who is only, at least so far, intent on career suicide, finds his appeal is becoming more selective, as Spinal Tap's manager would put it.

That Scroobius Pip shouty thing from the other day was pretty awful, but the decipherable part "What difference do you make?" Was quite cutting. Sinead O'Connor has been doing the rounds this week flogging her new album. Her earnest, aggressive belief in innumerable bloody stupid things reminds me a lot of where Morrissey is now. Age seems to have mellowed O'Connor somewhat, but Morrissey seems to be becoming more bitter by the week.

I believe he spoke from the heart when he made the comparisons. Killing and eating defenseless animals is a horror and a shock to him and so is pedophilia. That's why he said it.

I don't like the comparison either. I cut him some slack because he's an artist that I admire. He's also an artist that realizes that life is a horror and a massacre.....and he thinks it can be changed. I personally don't have those illusions.

When I saw Morrissey recently....some people actually turned away and left during the powerful Meat is Murder.

Maybe that's why tseng allowed this article on the Main page. Maybe he's mad at Morrissey for the comment.

Even if that is true.....still no excuse for posting this trash.

Once more you hold Morrissey to different standards. It does him no favours whatsoever.

Once more you hold Morrissey to different standards. It does him no favours whatsoever.

He's an artist. Most real artists have a heightened sense of the horror of life...and the terror of death. The sorrow and the pity of life and the sadness is what many respond to.

There is also joy...of course. But it all ends...

To understand, that is the thing. People should try to learn and understand what is going on here rather than preach their own brand of insanity. Morrissey included.

You too...Cornpone.

Mr. Tseng, I suggest you close this site down sooner rather than later, before it is done for you.

I've been reading this website regularly for the last few years and i fully support David's stance to publish negative as well as positive comments and stories but this is the first time i've ever felt uncomfortable and thought that a line of decency has definitely been crossed. This story isn't simply tenuous, it's non-existent and being accused of paedephilia is about the strongest insult one could experience. By being featured on this website (from which a lot of media sources seem to obtain news) you're simply exposing this heinous accusation to a much wider audience (who else had ever heard of the coleman website before it was linked here?). Please reconsider David

This! Completely true.

Highlighting crackpot blogs on the main page?
Going off the rails…

Dump it in one of the forums and leave the main page for news.

Do you feel the Guardian report "Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia" should be removed from the site because a lot of people took huge offense at the statement made by Morrissey that was reported? Also, do you think the Guardian editor who posted that agrees with the statement?

The fact that it was not some reputable news source also isn't a reason not to post something. I post things from various sources, many times from places I have never heard of. 17 years ago this site was just something some nobody created but apparently a lot of people are paying attention to now. Or not - the traffic is dwindling to zero as some anonymous people insist and a place where Morrissey says "no one he knows logs into".

I believe he spoke from the heart when he made the comparisons. Killing and eating defenseless animals is a horror and a shock to him and so is pedophilia. That's why he said it.

I don't like the comparison either. I cut him some slack because he's an artist that I admire. He's also an artist that realizes that life is a horror and a massacre.....and he thinks it can be changed. I personally don't have those illusions.

When I saw Morrissey recently....some people actually turned away and left during the powerful Meat is Murder.

Maybe that's why tseng allowed this article on the Main page. Maybe he's mad at Morrissey for the comment.

Even if that is true.....still no excuse for posting this trash.

Re: Morrissey and his links to paedophiles?

Hey internet tough guy, you sure talk tough when someone makes you angry... threatening violence because someone dared to highlight a link on his own website which you have been using for years at no cost to you.

You can't touch me, I'm from Hollywood!

If he turns up at the O2 Dublin gig he would certainly have earned a glasgow kiss

Do you feel the Guardian report "Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia" should be removed from the site because a lot of people took huge offense at the statement made by Morrissey that was reported? Also, do you think the Guardian editor who posted that agrees with the statement?

The fact that it was not some reputable news source also isn't a reason not to post something. I post things from various sources, many times from places I have never heard of. 17 years ago this site was just something some nobody created but apparently a lot of people are paying attention to now. Or not - the traffic is dwindling to zero as some anonymous people insist and a place where Morrissey says "no one he knows logs into".

The Guardian was "reporting" what Morrissey actually said. This blog was not reporting information, it was not adhering to logical norms. I don't understand why you don't see that?

Do you feel the Guardian report "Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia" should be removed from the site because a lot of people took huge offense at the statement made by Morrissey that was reported?

This isn't even comparable. It was a stupid thing that Morrissey said, but that's the point, Morrissey said it. Your argument is extremely weak, as was your excuse yesterday that you posted it because you wanted people to discredit it, that is an outright lie.

The site is 'reporting' what the blog actually said. I don't understand why you don't see that.

The Guardian was "reporting" what Morrissey actually said. This blog was not reporting information, it was not adhering to logical norms. I don't understand why you don't see that?

The site is 'reporting' what the blog actually said. I don't understand why you don't see that.

Why do you think virtually everyone on this site, including your own moderators, thinks you've made a terrible mistake by posting this to the main page, David?

He doesn't see because this is his site, his private playground, and we don't have a saying , otherwise that idiotic post should be gone by now.

So this is clearly David's personal website and not a fan page. As such, I have to interest in coming back here. I'll get my Morrissey news elsewhere. Ciao.

As a longtime user of this website, I respectfully ask you to consider removing this item from the front page of your site.

Two different things here david t. You're not going to see that because you are not operating as a fan any longer.

I explained why I think Morrissey made the comparison. As an artist he may make what is considered offensive remarks....you have to look deeper, rather than respond emotionally and take offense.

Meat is murder, but it also means survival and just because he said it and uses ridiculous comparisons doesn't mean it's the truth.

Blame evolution or God....the predator prey relationship of all living things will never be overcome...I don't care what Morrissey or anyone else says.

You need to take a step back and look at this site...and yourself, take a look at the poll about removing this. Think about what you've done here.

Because I choose not to?

Because you'd rather something that causes controversy, that upsets people, that would piss Morrissey off, that gets your website and yourself more exposure ... we get it, you have no morals or integrity.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom