Morrissey and Ennio Morricone

jane you might find this interesting

if embed vid doiesnt work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1cUbi-gL6I

someone converted this^ full orchestrated version into a remastered dear god please help me version...must be in the download section somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz is just a singer so I don't think you'd say he's really influenced by any musicians/composers - rather other singers and lyricists.

Don't really get that. It's illogical. There's been plenty of examples of Morrissey showing his musical influences. Loads of stories of him directing his musicians musically, mainly by using his own influences.

Don't really get that. It's illogical. There's been plenty of examples of Morrissey showing his musical influences. Loads of stories of him directing his musicians musically, mainly by using his own influences.

And my question is, do "his own influences" include Ennio Morricone?

Let me be more specific...before ROTT came out, or before you knew that Morrissey and Morricone had worked together, did anybody find themselves listening to Morrissey and thinking, "sounds like he was inspired by Ennio Morricone"?

Let me be more specific...before ROTT came out, or before you knew that Morrissey and Morricone had worked together, did anybody find themselves listening to Morrissey and thinking, "sounds like he was inspired by Ennio Morricone"?

Is there a time limit on influences? Does Morrissey have to have been inspired by someone by a certain age to claim them as an influence?

Is there a time limit on influences? Does Morrissey have to have been inspired by someone by a certain age to claim them as an influence?

No. Again, let me be more specific. Do you think that Morrissey was influenced by Morricone prior to ROTT?

viva las chivas

ClubAmericaLogo.png

jane you might find this interesting

if embed vid doiesnt work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1cUbi-gL6I

someone converted this^ full orchestrated version into a remastered dear god please help me version...must be in the download section somewhere

Wow, i've somehow never seen this. I love 'Dear God Please Help Me' as it is but this has made me wonder if it could have been even greater had the Morricone's ideas been implemented fully. The finished version seems a bit of a cop out, did Morrissey suddenly realise he didn't want the piece to be dominated by strings? Looking at this is seems a great amount of Morricone's composition was scrapped entirely and only the relatively conventional aspects of it applied.

Wow, i've somehow never seen this. I love 'Dear God Please Help Me' as it is but this has made me wonder if it could have been even greater had the Morricone's ideas been implemented fully. The finished version seems a bit of a cop out, did Morrissey suddenly realise he didn't want the piece to be dominated by strings? Looking at this is seems a great amount of Morricone's composition was scrapped entirely and only the relatively conventional aspects of it applied.

It could've been greater. If you search the Downloads forum you might be able to find the fan-made remix with all of the strings from this video added in. It's quite good :thumb:

Some of the string sections in the song, while breathtakingly beautiful, are in fact repetitive. Perhaps this is why Morrissey didn't include all of them.

Tags
ennio morricone
Back
Top Bottom