Morrissey and band bares all (front this time) new pic

Re: I'm throwing my arms around Paris - singles feature new pics

n818100173_4427857_4290.jpg

Are they holding the Herb Albert album?

whipped%20cream.jpg

:horny: :horny: :horny:

Obviously the influence for YoR's font.

The model was pregnant when that pic was taken.

It's a bitch washing that stuff out of your hair...

There is a fantastic, veggie-friendly Burrito place at the bottom of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, and one of the washrooms is papered in Herb Alpert record sleeves.

Damn, now I'm hungry for a nice burrito.

Listen to the b-sides asap!

Listened............'Because Of My Poor Education' is familiar Morrissey self-pity, "Because of my poor education I don't expect your invitation........ I can't endure my situation" , "A ship lost inches away from the shore" and ".......live my life without affection" Morrissey sings to a piano led arrangement, akin to 'Trouble Loves Me'and recalling 70's Bowie with a chorus of Oooh, ooohs. At one point his voice heightens as he intones "Reality is not real to me" before the piano slowly brings the song to an end.
'Shame Is The Name' begins with a humming reverb and a snatch of dialogue - indecipherable for now - before a menacing riff begins and Morrissey addresses a boy asking if he's " Happy to be a dim assed teen on the spree" (I think that's what he sings) and of his name, dreams, goals, ambitions and aims like a weary careers officer, the second verse finds Morrissey asking the same questions to a girl, both are "Drunk all day, sick all night". An instrumentantal break of piano and distant harmonica leads into the third verse where Morrissey confronts a politician, asking him to listen to himself and holding him responsible for the deaths of soldiers....... the final thought is "Shame makes the world go round". Chrissie Hynde echoes the questions and joins in the chorus of "Shame is the name". The sleeve credits the song to Morrissey/Whyte whereas the actual disc bears Boz's name as the writer.
I have to listen to most songs 817 times before they lodge in my head so I cannot fully opine on the songs merits and whether they are better or worse than any on the album - although I preferred them both to 'It's Not Your Birthday Anymore'.
Incidentally the inner sleeves both feature paintings, one is 'Place De La Concorde' by Herve, the other 'View of the butte Montmartre' by Daguerre. In the Herb Alpert image the band hold up the l.p.'s 'What Now My Love' , 'South Of The Border', 'The Lonely Bull' and ' Going Places'

Got the singles in at work today.............. one features Morrissey knelt as if receiving applause/appeals for an encore, whilst the band stand behind him each clutching a copy of Greatest Hits pulling amused and mocking faces, the second features the band only, holding various Herb Alpert L.P.'s aloft........... thankfully in both pictures everyone is fully clothed!
Hopefully listen to the two b-sides tomorrow.

Please, Alf Button, if you could come near to a scanner ... pretty please!!!

In the meantime ... I feel compelled by a higher power to post the beauties again ... you have been warned

moz7.jpg

Last edited:

The sleeve credits the song to Morrissey/Whyte whereas the actual disc bears Boz's name as the writer.

Shoddy error because the song is clearly registered to Morrissey / Whyte on the Warner-Chappell Music site. Then again, Jonny Bridgwood's name was spelled with an extra "e" until Maladjusted. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jamie

Please, Alf Button, if you could come near to a scanner ... pretty please!!!

Sorry no access to a scanner at work and the camera on my phone is not much cop, so it's a case of waiting.........

By the by, if any mods are reading this can I ask why my initial thread - relating to the two new pictures, and b-sides - has been merged into this thread........ apart from relating to the single I believed the new thread was worthy.

Here is a picture that I find very funny:

a800cb2162a0_123384182655_galleristor.jpg

Instead of frowning it made me laugh out loud the first moment I saw it.

No, wait, this one is even better!

2fbcd549a5b8_123384182655_galleristor.jpg

I should first look through the whole gallery.

Pictures like these I would rather see. :)

What are those pictures with the house behind him from?

LOL!! :guffaw:

If Morrissey'll do Halloween gig, he'd instruct the Lads to wear Village People costumes.

(awww, too many new smilies to pick) :lbf:

Classic - hilarious one-upmanship! :lbf: I concede!

Alas, he would be about 12 years too late if he had the Lads wear Village People costumes: U2 did that with Discotheque and the Popmart tour.

Cheers,
Jamie

Classic - hilarious one-upmanship! :lbf: I concede!

Alas, he would be about 12 years too late if he had the Lads wear Village People costumes: U2 did that with Discotheque and the Popmart tour.

Cheers,
Jamie

Too late?

Some people pointed out that Red Hot Chili Peppers did naked photo shoot before Morrissey and the Lads.
Nothing is too late in pop music.

I don't know why anyone would be really shocked at this photo. He's been semi-clothed in many pics. We've seen his bare ass. And how many times have we seen his butt crack in live photos? We should make a thread and compile all of his semi-clothed pics and make this one the finale. :lbf: Or has that already been done in the frink thread?

Tags
50 year old virgin art boz needed a 12" drop the record i can tag too international male jesse = ftm? jesse has moobs love-handle heaven matt walker please misssexygarytoo moz sexgod naked morrissey next step: dick out omg! proof there's a god pubes records off sexyalainmissed sol wishes he were phish strange wank material 4 da galz wank material 4 da gayz you're so welcome!
Back
Top Bottom