Morrissey - Album feature in new (Sept. 2013) edition of Uncut Magazine

"Wrestling, saunas, ghosts and his greatest albums"

"MORRISSEY -Viva Il Mozzalini! Bandmates, songwriters and producers tell all about the former Smith's first solo outings"

Interviews with Clive Langer, Vini Reilly et al.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/magazine/september-2013

aVphRtx.jpg

P.

Scan please anyone? Fanks in advance

Scan please anyone? Fanks in advance

Earlier this year, editor of the magazine sent a letter to the site administrator to remove scans from the site.

Please refrain requesting scans here unless the magazine articles have been published more than 12 months ago.

"Wrestling, saunas, ghosts and his greatest albums"

"MORRISSEY -Viva Il Mozzalini! Bandmates, songwriters and producers tell all about the former Smith's first solo outings"

Interviews with Clive Langer, Vini Reilly et al.

Uncut Magazine - September 2013
on sale from Wednesday 31 July. Digital edition also available.

UPDATE 7:30 AM PT:

Uncleskinny also posted the link to the excerpt:

“Morrissey and I used to have wrestling matches,” reveals The Durutti Column’s Vini Reilly - Uncut

The Durutti Column’s Vini Reilly has revealed in the new issue of Uncut that he and Morrissey used to wrestle.
The guitarist collaborated with the former Smiths singer on his debut album, Viva Hate, released in 1988.

Recalling the recording of the album, Reilly says: “Me and Morrissey used to have wrestling matches. He was very physically together, very strong. We’d find a corridor, suddenly it would go off and no-one knew what to do.

“Or me and Mozza would be in the sauna, stark-bollock naked. Everybody else was too stupid about everything to do something like that, but Morrissey liked it: ‘What’s all the big fuss about?’”

In the piece, celebrating 25 years since Viva Hate’s release, collaborators including Stephen Street, Mike Joyce, Clive Langer and Steve Lillywhite remember working with Morrissey on his early solo albums.

The new issue of Uncut, dated September 2013, is out on Wednesday (July 31).

uncut201309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier this year, editor of the magazine sent a letter to the site administrator to remove scans from the site.

Please refrain requesting scans here unless the magazine articles have been published more than 12 months ago.

Actually, that was Q Magazine protecting their copyright. That was the only one in recent years, for the most part I do not get takedown notices from anything posted on the site but will comply if it is a valid request. 12 months is a bit arbitrary, I don't think there is any such restriction on copyrights.

So Morrissey liked to run around a sauna bollock naked and wrestle other men?

And people say he's asexual, denial isn't just a river in Egypt is it now?

The Durutti Column’s Vini Reilly has revealed in the new issue of Uncut that he and Morrissey used to wrestle.

The guitarist collaborated with the former Smiths singer on his debut album, Viva Hate, released in 1988.

Recalling the recording of the album, Reilly says: “Me and Morrissey used to have wrestling matches. He was very physically together, very strong. We’d find a corridor, suddenly it would go off and no-one knew what to do.

“Or me and Mozza would be in the sauna, stark-bollock naked. Everybody else was too stupid about everything to do something like that, but Morrissey liked it: ‘What’s all the big fuss about?’”

In the piece, celebrating 25 years since Viva Hate’s release, collaborators including Stephen Street, Mike Joyce, Clive Langer and Steve Lillywhite remember working with Morrissey on his early solo albums.

:rofl:

The thought of wrestling a naked Vini Reilly brought this to my mind...

sAT0kZG.jpg

So Morrissey liked to run around a sauna bollock naked and wrestle other men?

And people say he's asexual, denial isn't just a river in Egypt is it now?

Oh my God!! Are you for real? Or just the dumbest person on the planet? And you've been a Morrissey fan how long??

Uncut is such a shit magazine, all that crap America and bad writing. Always trying to force turds like Hammell on Trial on it's idiot readers.

From the list of people, it appears that this article will be nothing more than a mashup of the articles already posted about the Viva Hate times.

From the list of people, it appears that this article will be nothing more than a mashup of the articles already posted about the Viva Hate times.

Actually that's not true. I've just flicked through it and the majority of it is new commentary and insight.

P.

Actually that's not true. I've just flicked through it and the majority of it is new commentary and insight.

P.

Indeed so. Good stuff.

Paresi ~ "beautiful savant" etc.

"We’d find a corridor, suddenly it would go off and no-one knew what to do."
Made me laugh out loud.
It's like that scene in Reservoir Dogs where Michael Madsen and Chris Penn suddenly have that tussle in Lawrence Tierney's office, haha.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom