Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AIRPLAY 2022" (March 29, 2023)

Fifteen countries where Morrissey's music was heard on national radio during 2022, in order of most frequent support:

1. UNITED KINGDOM
2. FRANCE
3. GERMANY
4. ITALY
5. AUSTRALIA
6. BRAZIL
7. CANADA
8. JAPAN
9. DENMARK
10. BELGIUM
11. MEXICO
12. SPAIN
13. NETHERLANDS
14. SWEDEN
15. SWITZERLAND

Regards,
FWD.

First off, who listens to radio? He’s so old fashioned these statistics tell us nothing of his actual popularity in these countries, just about his popularity with a minute number of radio djs. He’s so obsessed with if people like him and has this persecution complex frankly I think he’s mentally ill. It’s too bad he is so inflexible and refuses to adapt to the era he is living in. His obsession with charts and major labels and radio, it’s all fully irrelevant. If he released his own music which he can afford to do if he acted professionally and didn’t cancel shows left and right he might find himself content and busy but instead he makes insane claims like “there are no music halls theatres or stand up venues in Spain or Italy” and bemoans capitol “holding his album hostage” and spends most of his time seemingly sifting through obituaries and in constant mourning for a past that he was all depressed and unhappy in all the time anyway. This is a dude who is so well read but yet so ignorant and so determined to be miserable, it’s tragic and sad. /myopinion
I mean, Capitol are holding his album hostage, aren't they?

Oh, Morrissey. You were inserted into my life and have changed my life since that time forever for the good. Without you I would surely be a lonely petroleum transfer technician.

But what is happening? Why these silly posts? You used to guard with absolute security what came from your camp. Now we don't know if it's you, your nephew, or the hired maid who just so happens to have access to your (nephew's) computer.

We are here, Morrissey, because in one way or the other, you change and/or saved our lives'.

Please let your following now return the favor, and heed our collective advice.

Please stop. Evolve, but stay (true-to-you). Enough of this nonsense.

We want music. Not this.

Be safe and well all......

Oh, Morrissey. You were inserted into my life and have changed my life since that time forever for the good. Without you I would surely be a lonely petroleum transfer technician.

But what is happening? Why these silly posts? You used to guard with absolute security what came from your camp. Now we don't know if it's you, your nephew, or the hired maid who just so happens to have access to your (nephew's) computer.

We are here, Morrissey, because in one way or the other, you change and/or saved our lives'.

Please let your following now return the favor, and heed our collective advice.

Please stop. Evolve, but stay (true-to-you). Enough of this nonsense.

We want music. Not this.

Be safe and well all......
maybe M now thinks he was too precious with information regarding his output in the past,hes getting on a bit so is probably less bothered anymore and leaves it to sammy junior.

Last edited:
I mean, Capitol are holding his album hostage, aren't they?
Possibly. Holding it hostage suggests they still see it as having value and are willing to release it if certain terms are met.

Theres always the worry they now see like an old pair of knickers in a drawer, never to see the light of day because the newer, nicer ones are always piled on top.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who's noticed a glaring (although sadly unsurprising) cognitive dissonance here? This is a man who of late never misses the chance to whine that 'you never hear my songs on the radio'. Now he (or Sam) is boasting about how much radio play he's been getting.

Someone mentioned earlier about concerns for his mental health. I have to say I'm inclined to agree.
He's criticised radio so much over the years, said the charts are meaningless and so on but still has a strange obsession with them both.

I have to say in the UK I haven't heard his music post 2017, so he must be referring to The Smiths on the radio rather than his solo stuff?

I was watching his bbc6 set yesterday on YouTube, seems like a different world. I can't even imagine seeing him on TV now. Great set but the ultimate toe curling cringe moment when he makes the ukip rigged vote comment to a silent crowd.

I think you mean Triple J? It's a tween station these days. I think they mostly read out tween texts live on air.

No celebrity death statement for the animal lover Paul O’Grady.
Wow !!!!!

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Someone mentioned earlier about concerns for his mental health. I have to say I'm inclined to agree.
Ideally, he's suicidal. Not in an I'm-going-to-write-yet-another-equally-tedious-and-insincere-song-about-how-irredeemably-awful-life-is kind of way, but in a sober, settled, actively suicidal, making-active-plans kind of way.

Shit or get off the pot, Steven.

Yeah, I love some of those unreleased titles too. I laughed when I read that one for the first time. :)
would loved to have heard a finished version.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom