Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AIRPLAY 2022" (March 29, 2023)

Fifteen countries where Morrissey's music was heard on national radio during 2022, in order of most frequent support:

1. UNITED KINGDOM
2. FRANCE
3. GERMANY
4. ITALY
5. AUSTRALIA
6. BRAZIL
7. CANADA
8. JAPAN
9. DENMARK
10. BELGIUM
11. MEXICO
12. SPAIN
13. NETHERLANDS
14. SWEDEN
15. SWITZERLAND

Regards,
FWD.

Would love to see the sources for this and a rundown on how this survey was conducted.

No other band or artist engages in these types of shameless and desperate acts of self-promotion. It’s not a good look. Not at all.

Ireland is the pits for radio and TV. I never watch Irish TV or listen to the radio anymore. If the radio comes on while I'm driving the car swerves. Everything has been dumbed down and blended into tasteless gruel.

6a00e54ef13a4f8834022ad384f28a200d-pi

Thank the void for BBC channels, Spotify, Netflix, and records and books.
fast car,sharp bend,goodbye.

I listen to BBC 6 Music, an "alternative" radio station most days and they are far more likely to play Smiths music than the solo stuff.

Considering his family roots, I thought the Irish Republic would be listed.

No sign of Ireland cos Ireland radio is absolute shite for good music. The DJs are incapable of shutting up long enough to play anything. Radio killed the radio star.

I often hear both The Smiths and Morrissey solo played across Irish radio stations. He'd better not be including Ireland under United Kingdom! Is this sort of statistic reputed to be accurate?

I heard him played on Mexican radio in Feb 2023. In Tulum.
Does The Smiths count as well?

First off, who listens to radio? He’s so old fashioned these statistics tell us nothing of his actual popularity in these countries, just about his popularity with a minute number of radio djs. He’s so obsessed with if people like him and has this persecution complex frankly I think he’s mentally ill. It’s too bad he is so inflexible and refuses to adapt to the era he is living in. His obsession with charts and major labels and radio, it’s all fully irrelevant. If he released his own music which he can afford to do if he acted professionally and didn’t cancel shows left and right he might find himself content and busy but instead he makes insane claims like “there are no music halls theatres or stand up venues in Spain or Italy” and bemoans capitol “holding his album hostage” and spends most of his time seemingly sifting through obituaries and in constant mourning for a past that he was all depressed and unhappy in all the time anyway. This is a dude who is so well read but yet so ignorant and so determined to be miserable, it’s tragic and sad. /myopinion
I do think that Moz should start focusing on the positives. He's rich and still has an adoring fanbase to a certain extent. Look at the crowds going wild at the concerts. If we had that experience even once in our lives we'd be happy forever. Moz obsesses over negatives and is far too moany. I also think his mental wellbeing isn't at full health but he does himself no favours staring at a half empty glass. I say that as a Moz fan who goes to his concerts and buys his records.

when you sign up to follow M you have to be prepared to take the rough with the rough then a bit more rough then a bit of smooooth,its the way its always been,if you dont like it theres always ed sheeran solo.

OnFifteen countries where Morrissey's music was heard on national radio during 2022, in order of most frequent support:

1. UNITED KINGDOM
2. FRANCE
3. GERMANY
4. ITALY
5. AUSTRALIA
6. BRAZIL
7. CANADA
8. JAPAN
9. DENMARK
10. BELGIUM
11. MEXICO
12. SPAIN
13. NETHERLANDS
14. SWEDEN
15. SWITZERLAND

Regards,
FWD.
abe lincoln radio GIF

Am I the only one who's noticed a glaring (although sadly unsurprising) cognitive dissonance here? This is a man who of late never misses the chance to whine that 'you never hear my songs on the radio'. Now he (or Sam) is boasting about how much radio play he's been getting.

Someone mentioned earlier about concerns for his mental health. I have to say I'm inclined to agree.

Am I the only one who's noticed a glaring (although sadly unsurprising) cognitive dissonance here? This is a man who of late never misses the chance to whine that 'you never hear my songs on the radio'. Now he (or Sam) is boasting about how much radio play he's been getting.

Someone mentioned earlier about concerns for his mental health. I have to say I'm inclined to agree.
An addendum to this post of mine. I've just re-read the Central post and he writes "Fifteen countries where Morrissey's music was heard on national radio". Is he perhaps making a point about the amount of countries where his music has not been heard on the radio?

I mean is he suggesting they don't play his records in Portugal? (Boz will be mad). Or New Zealand? And what about Israel? They gave him the key to Tel Aviv or some such bull, do they not play him on the radio there?

Ireland is the pits for radio and TV. I never watch Irish TV or listen to the radio anymore. If the radio comes on while I'm driving the car swerves. Everything has been dumbed down and blended into tasteless gruel.

6a00e54ef13a4f8834022ad384f28a200d-pi

Thank the void for BBC channels, Spotify, Netflix, and records and books.

Don't worry, the North is coming. We'll shake it up for you Freestaters.

I find it bizarre that the US isn’t on that list. He owns California!

I've lived here since 2014 and used to listen to alternative rock stations pretty regularly. I have never heard his solo music on the radio. Ever. I have heard the Smiths occasionally, but only "How Soon Is Now," and during those specialty throwback shows where they have an actual person on playing what they want. There are very few independent radio stations nowadays with any kind of reach; if he doesn't pay for plays on the commercial stations, he's not going to get them. I do think if his team did some kind of minimal outreach to radio stations here it might help, but he probably feels that is beneath him.

I've lived here since 2014 and used to listen to alternative rock stations pretty regularly. I have never heard his solo music on the radio. Ever. I have heard the Smiths occasionally, but only "How Soon Is Now," and during those specialty throwback shows where they have an actual person on playing what they want. There are very few independent radio stations nowadays with any kind of reach; if he doesn't pay for plays on the commercial stations, he's not going to get them. I do think if his team did some kind of minimal outreach to radio stations here it might help, but he probably feels that is beneath him.
I'm not sure where you are but he gets played in the Boston area

I haven't heard Moz on the radio here in Australia in years. Not even on Double J.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom