Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AIRPLAY 2022" (March 29, 2023)

Fifteen countries where Morrissey's music was heard on national radio during 2022, in order of most frequent support:

1. UNITED KINGDOM
2. FRANCE
3. GERMANY
4. ITALY
5. AUSTRALIA
6. BRAZIL
7. CANADA
8. JAPAN
9. DENMARK
10. BELGIUM
11. MEXICO
12. SPAIN
13. NETHERLANDS
14. SWEDEN
15. SWITZERLAND

Regards,
FWD.

The 2021 list in comparison:

1. USA
2. UK
3. France
4. Germany
5. Italy
6. Canada
7. Chile
8. Switzerland
9. Israel
10. Japan
11. Spain
12. Australia
13. Sweden
14. Mexico
15. Denmark
16. Brazil
17. South Korea
18. Belgium
19. Finland
20. Poland

hip hip hooray.

9/15, so European tour is imminent then? ^^
Won't stop saying that until he comes :smilingimp:
He seems to have a preference for ranking things😆

Putting aside why this needed to go on Morrissey Central, I find it hard to believe Morrissey* was on the radio in Switzerland more than in the USA

*Solo or does radio play include The Smiths?
Edit: “Morrissey’s music” so assume Smiths are included

Putting aside why this needed to go on Morrissey Central, I find it hard to believe Morrissey* was on the radio in Switzerland more than in the USA

*Solo or does radio play include The Smiths?
Edit: “Morrissey’s music” so assume Smiths are included
I listen to BBC 6 Music, an "alternative" radio station most days and they are far more likely to play Smiths music than the solo stuff.

Considering his family roots, I thought the Irish Republic would be listed.

Last edited:
No sign of Ireland cos Ireland radio is absolute shite for good music. The DJs are incapable of shutting up long enough to play anything. Radio killed the radio star.

I listen to BBC 6 Music, an "alternative" radio station most days and they are far more likely to play Smiths music than the solo stuff.

Considering his family roots, I thought the Irish Republic would be listed.
Ireland is the pits for radio and TV. I never watch Irish TV or listen to the radio anymore. If the radio comes on while I'm driving the car swerves. Everything has been dumbed down and blended into tasteless gruel.

6a00e54ef13a4f8834022ad384f28a200d-pi

Thank the void for BBC channels, Spotify, Netflix, and records and books.

First off, who listens to radio? He’s so old fashioned these statistics tell us nothing of his actual popularity in these countries, just about his popularity with a minute number of radio djs. He’s so obsessed with if people like him and has this persecution complex frankly I think he’s mentally ill. It’s too bad he is so inflexible and refuses to adapt to the era he is living in. His obsession with charts and major labels and radio, it’s all fully irrelevant. If he released his own music which he can afford to do if he acted professionally and didn’t cancel shows left and right he might find himself content and busy but instead he makes insane claims like “there are no music halls theatres or stand up venues in Spain or Italy” and bemoans capitol “holding his album hostage” and spends most of his time seemingly sifting through obituaries and in constant mourning for a past that he was all depressed and unhappy in all the time anyway. This is a dude who is so well read but yet so ignorant and so determined to be miserable, it’s tragic and sad. /myopinion

Would be better 'per capita'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom