As Mr. Morrissey gets older, and God knows hes got so much
energy still, do we think he will mellow or become
bombastic and mysogynistic? ;)

Or do we think he will sudenly quit touring and do "crooning type
Sinatra type " albums?

Or will he get married and buy an island and live out his retirement
in total seclusion?

Or......what do ye all think?:guitar:

I think he is the original grumpy old man or so it seems lately. I think he will keep touring as long as he is able really. I think if his record company treat him well we should get a few albums out of him yet.
I can not see him getting married if he ever did
faintthud.gif

I need to think about this one..I can't see him ever getting married but I do hope..if this isn't too cheesy..that he, ahem, 'finds someone' :o:o:o

And I hope the music keeps on coming, of course! :guitar:

I think he'll release a Rap album, buy-over Bernard Mathews and personally kill EACH chicken, marry Margaret Thatcher and invite Mike Joyce to be his best man.

Anyone want the Lottery numbers?

He is going to retire to one of the smaller villas on the shores of Lake Como, and write strange little novellas under a very suggestive nom de plume.

He will make his place a refuge for the local feral beasties, and they will wander freely throughout the property.

He will wear expensive silk smoking jackets and Turkish slippers.

He will never cease to sing, and the locals will be bewitched by his unearthly, melancholy crooning, which will be heard wafting in on the warm breezes of a summer evening.

There will be rumors...

will marry me and become the manager for my upcoming band!!
190.gif

i didn't said that
greismiliesaffen.gif

This reminds me of a conversation I had recently with my friend Debbie regarding Morrissey getting older. I told her I get concerned with each tour that it may be the last. She says no that he will play as long as he's alive. I hope she is right!

He is going to retire to one of the smaller villas on the shores of Lake Como, and write strange little novellas under a very suggestive nom de plume.

He will make his place a refuge for the local feral beasties, and they will wander freely throughout the property.

He will wear expensive silk smoking jackets and Turkish slippers.

He will never cease to sing, and the locals will be bewitched by his unearthly, melancholy crooning, which will be heard wafting in on the warm breezes of a summer evening.

There will be rumors...

I thoroughly enjoyed your description and I can actually
imagine the whole thing.
I especially like the bit about unearthly, melancholy crooning.....;)
Very cute.

I'm looking forward to the older Morrissey...

fatherjack.jpeg

Whose picture is this? I feel like I should be able to see his tutu...

I like the Lake Como villa one...

It's Father Jack from the irish comedy Father Ted. He had some great lines like 'Feck', 'Girls' and 'Drink' and famously "That would be an ecumenical matter".

I think he is the original grumpy old man or so it seems lately. I think he will keep touring as long as he is able really. I think if his record company treat him well we should get a few albums out of him yet.

I agree. And I think he can afford to slow it down -take his time making quality music then tour, but just not extensively -it's too grueling- I think the last two tours started to age him. He should play a gig in each major city -US, London, etc.- but no more 5 nights residency, etc. but spread out the tour dates so there is quality over quantity. If he builds it, we will come.
I can not see him getting married if he ever did
faintthud.gif

Will never marry :o He has enough people nagging him as it is :p

I hope he semi-retires, only in the sense to slow down and reconnect with himself. He deserves the R&R...but by no means, are we through with eachother yet!

Back
Top Bottom