Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Vegas - BrooklynVegan

UPDATE Jan. 29:

Joe sends the link:

Grapevine: Morrissey checks out of Royal Oak hospital - The Detroit News

Excerpt:

British singer Morrissey has been released from a Metro Detroit hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, his publicist said on Monday. According to publicist Lauren Papapietro, Morrissey checked himself into Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak on Friday. After undergoing tests, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and subsequently rescheduled at least six shows, she said.

"Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time …," Papapietro said.

Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer
- BrooklynVegan

Excerpt:

Following hospital treatment, Morrissey has been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and the upcoming engagements in Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS, Clear Lake, IA and Lincoln, NE will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time. The tour will resume in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 9. Patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as all rescheduled dates will be announced within the coming days.

Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his US tour.

UPDATE 5:55 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link:

Morrissey's health condition diagnosed in Metro Detroit hospital forces him to reschedule tour dates - MLive.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

Twice bitten now in Flint!

through hail and snow... i did go

why have you foresaken me?

I can't.......... I will not any more

Morrissey in St. Louis

From twitter @charlesbae I just saw morrissey at the #fourseasons in St. Louis. He looked at me only cus there was no one else in the lobby. #legend

Kristeen has told people he's been there since her mother died and went to the funeral and the bleeding ulcer is bullshit.

Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

Some people on here disgust me. Call yourselves fans? I can't believe how horrible some of you are being seriously, it's pathetic and you need to get a f***ing grip.

So has davidT made you a mod yet? Sounds like you have excellent credentials for the job.

Not yet, but you'll know when my plans for a coup d'etat here finally fall into place. There will be no more anonymous posts and you will have to grow a pair of balls and sign in.

Ticketmaster is showing 4 date at the end of the tour being reinstated, with dates TBD for dates. But they aren't showing dates for other shows, only Chicago, Nashville, Minneopolis, Atlanta. Are they not reinstating the other shows or were those shows tickets sold through another venue other than ticketmaster?

Morrissey is not in St. Lou

Twitter post was a hoax. Last post was all lies.

Not yet, but you'll know when my plans for a coup d'etat here finally fall into place. There will be no more anonymous posts and you will have to grow a pair of balls and sign in.

I read a fun fact in yesterday's crossword puzzle regarding "anonymous." Not a fact so much but a tidbit I hadn't thought of that made me like the concept of anonymous a tad more. Most folk songs are written by "ANON". :thumb: There's wisdom in folk songs. Granted most of them don't TROLL HUMANITY, but the honest Anon posts are often lovely like a folk song.

Its an OK LP if you want a boring version of a moz beside, poor martin never quite mastered being Bradford.

Actually the sad fact is that Morrissey is now a boring version of Morrissey. The most interesting thing he's produced recently is his stool and urine sample.

god, ulcers are the worst :tears: are really feel for Moz going through this right now...

Ticketmaster is showing 4 date at the end of the tour being reinstated, with dates TBD for dates. But they aren't showing dates for other shows, only Chicago, Nashville, Minneopolis, Atlanta. Are they not reinstating the other shows or were those shows tickets sold through another venue other than ticketmaster?
Orange peel sells tickets through there website.

Last edited:

Clear Lake, IA did not use Ticketmaster. I remember because I didn't weep in horror at the ridiculous fees.

Re: Morrissey in St. Louis

From twitter @charlesbae I just saw morrissey at the #fourseasons in St. Louis. He looked at me only cus there was no one else in the lobby. #legend

Kristeen has told people he's been there since her mother died and went to the funeral and the bleeding ulcer is bullshit.

seriously?

Hmmm.

Watched this yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPP4rcvdtQ&list=UUIozOftCXFyXvJE1o-V_UeQ&index=2

Morrissey canceled shows, hid from friends, and hid from the media multiple times in The Smiths, without any reason given. And the other Smiths and his managers were used to it...and as a fan, you should be too.

If it's uti, bleeding ulcer, or depression, it doesn't matter. These are all illnesses that should be treated. Get over yourselves. Or find someone else to DEAD-icate your life too.

He hits a nerve, because I am sure I am not the only one who has been thinking that this is the true story. What I find annoying about both Morrissey and Kristeen Young is that they used badmouthing this exact mother last summer to create a story about "poor Kristeen" for the newspapers and magazines, who listened to the radio, played her keyboard as a teenager and went to art school that both somebody must have paid for. Now it is "poor Kristeen" whose mother died. I have been secretly wishing that this exact Kristeen Young would have a terrible breakdown at that funeral for what she did. No sympathy. May her mother rest in peace.

Boz needed the break for his broken arm to heal up further. A well deserved break for him.

Wishing you a full recovery Morrissey.. :flowers:

Now I have to ask! :) Who is Papapietro?? I am just off the Loop.
I have not been here in forever it seems!

Marisela

He hits a nerve, because I am sure I am not the only one who has been thinking that this is the true story. What I find annoying about both Morrissey and Kristeen Young is that they used badmouthing this exact mother last summer to create a story about "poor Kristeen" for the newspapers and magazines, who listened to the radio, played her keyboard as a teenager and went to art school that both somebody must have paid for. Now it is "poor Kristeen" whose mother died. I have been secretly wishing that this exact Kristeen Young would have a terrible breakdown at that funeral for what she did. No sympathy. May her mother rest in peace.

Boz needed the break for his broken arm to heal up further. A well deserved break for him.

What did Morrissey have to do with that story?

I don't think this tweeted tip holds a lot of water, Morrissey being at her grieving side all weekend, because Kristeen doesn't seem terribly broken up over the event on her Facebook. Maybe he is now that he was released from a hospital (can they make that stuff up?) but something seems off with her demeanor. Whatever. Sorry for her loss, I wouldn't be gunning to be back on tour three days after my mom's death if I were her. People mourn in different ways I guess.

I'd be pretty sad if it WERE true and I'm sitting here like an idiot worrying about an ulcer while she's having all her nurturing fantasies come true. :rolleyes: Maybe a bitchy comment but I'm crabby. I feel like Typhoid Mary at the moment coughing up my pleura every two minutes.

Although I'd love to see different collaborators for Morrissey, one undeniable fact is that Boorer is a f***ing trouper.

Boorer is a trouper. It would be great if Morrissey could work again with Alain Whyte and pull together a few really good songs, and then work with a couple of other songwriters to come up with a few more songs. Imagine the album he'd make if he worked with the likes of Richard Hawley (who auditioned for Morrissey's band back before the Kill Uncle album/tour), or Bernard Butler for example. Moz needs some new blood in his pump and he should stop all this touring and concentrate on making a great album. It would make it easier to get a new record contract if he showcased some really strong songs, just like he did with 'Irish Blood' and 'First of the Gang' back in his pre-Quarry 'wilderness' tours.

"Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience....." He has been unwell, there is no need to apologise....
Cheers Moz

Tags
illness so on tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom