Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Vegas - BrooklynVegan

UPDATE Jan. 29:

Joe sends the link:

Grapevine: Morrissey checks out of Royal Oak hospital - The Detroit News

Excerpt:

British singer Morrissey has been released from a Metro Detroit hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, his publicist said on Monday. According to publicist Lauren Papapietro, Morrissey checked himself into Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak on Friday. After undergoing tests, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and subsequently rescheduled at least six shows, she said.

"Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time …," Papapietro said.

Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer
- BrooklynVegan

Excerpt:

Following hospital treatment, Morrissey has been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and the upcoming engagements in Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS, Clear Lake, IA and Lincoln, NE will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time. The tour will resume in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 9. Patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as all rescheduled dates will be announced within the coming days.

Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his US tour.

UPDATE 5:55 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link:

Morrissey's health condition diagnosed in Metro Detroit hospital forces him to reschedule tour dates - MLive.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

I'm doing very well
I can piss out all of the blood now
I know you think that I should just go on with the shows
Thank you, drop dead

I've seen him 17 times....he could give a rat's ass about your inconveniences...you just don't have good luck and he hates the East Coast. I hope everyone in Pharr,TX, enjoys what promises to be a highlight of his career.

Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

O thank God he's going to be OK and in time for Vegas, Tempe and El Paso!!! Woohoo!!!

Not to be a wet blanket here, but you gotta be kidding. If I were you I'd be at best wary about the Vegas, Tempe and El Paso shows and at worst, well, expecting the worst.

I'm trying to be non chalant by hearing from a cat that he's going to be fine and being all cool about downplaying the obvious tit for tat our Boss played on him landing him in the hospital smack in the middle(ton) of his tour, but I've been agitated as f*** all day because ulcers are serious. And I do worry. I'm going to get one of these f***ing things. I don't need one more gut ailment.

Rest up, buddy. Stay in the country for the Super Bowl. It's laughtastic.

O thank God he's going to be OK and in time for Vegas, Tempe and El Paso!!! Woohoo!!!

I wouldn't be saddling up quite yet pardner...

Do you really not see the irony of a man who accuses others of feigning illness and being unnecessarily hospitalised being in turn accused of feigning illness and being unnecessarily hospitalised?

I believe he is genuinely ill and I wish him a speedy recovery, but if some here cannot see the sardonic amusement to be had by pointing out the bleeding obvious fact that he's quick to hand it out but increasingly sensitive about it being given back, then the average IQ of Morrissey fans has plummeted to new depths.

No, I understand those sorts of comments. I don't really find them to be particularly funny, just the same way I didn't find Morrissey's comments about Kate Middleton that funny, either. (I suppose he doesn't have many women in his life these days). I was mainly referring to comments like these;

For $87.50 a seat you better show up for the Denver show this time! We've been more than patient. I dont care if you're puking blood - get your ass on the stage or just retire and stop teasing us...

A big THANKS to realitybites for the song . LOVE IT !!!! Where has all the yodelling gone in country music today ? I will check out more music by Wilf Carter reminds me of current group Riders in the Sky (best western music group today)

As for the puking blood on stage comment................. just plain ulgy . That anonymouse ought to be whipped with a cat of nine tails!

Hm. If Morrissey really has a bleeding ulcer (where is this informaction coming from?), recovery may take months, not days. :(

To the people(I think that is too generous a word for them)making nasty comments about Morrissey`s health and about him.I think you should stick up your disgusting posts where the sun doesn`t shine.I think you should be familar with that place.It`s where you live.

How many of us that are in our late 30's early 40's that have actually seen The Smiths just shook our heads for the last time??
How many hotel rooms, tickets, travel expenses's, time off work....................time trading hours from work..................Time telling you boss to F himself because you are taking the day off anyway to go see Morrissey???.............. Time you spent traveling from one city to another..............From one state to another and shelling out airfare just to stand in line to enter a venue after 4 hr flight just to be told that Alaine Whyte has back cramps so the show is cancelled?!?!? This is now my 6th cancelled/postponed Morrissey show and I am sick of his nonsense. All the chatter over the years of 'The boy who cried wolf'................Maybe Morrissey or his band is really sick...............he has an ulcer, or a UTI OR WHATEVER! We just shake our heads. I. now have a ticket collection of cancelled Morrissey concerts alone, that are the size/ (or bigger)of shows most people don't get to see of artists in their lifetime. We know this was supposedly your last tour and some of us were so happy to shell out the bullshit ticketmaster (Supported Nazi's) prices to be able to see you in the orchestra pitt as well. We made this effort because it was truly amazing to hear The Smiths songs partially come alive once again................even if it was just a few songs.....it was worth it.
You leave me with a few Chicago memories..................1, catching a banana you threw during boy racer at Chicago Theater, 2. walking off Aragon after you were "reportedly' miffed at Boz after 3 songs and then stockpile of unused ticketstubs that I wish i would have written the excuses for on the back....

Never meet your hero's....
Goodnight and thank you.......never again.

No, I understand those sorts of comments. I don't really find them to be particularly funny, just the same way I didn't find Morrissey's comments about Kate Middleton that funny, either. (I suppose he doesn't have many women in his life these days). I was mainly referring to comments like these;

We agree, although the puking blood comment seems to come not from the anonymous haters who are regularly attacked here, but from an anonymous disgruntled "proper" punter.

How many of us that are in our late 30's early 40's that have actually seen The Smiths just shook our heads for the last time??
How many hotel rooms, tickets, travel expenses's, time off work....................time trading hours from work..................Time telling you boss to F himself because you are taking the day off anyway to go see Morrissey???.............. Time you spent traveling from one city to another..............From one state to another and shelling out airfare just to stand in line to enter a venue after 4 hr flight just to be told that Alaine Whyte has back cramps so the show is cancelled?!?!? This is now my 6th cancelled/postponed Morrissey show and I am sick of his nonsense. All the chatter over the years of 'The boy who cried wolf'................Maybe Morrissey or his band is really sick...............he has an ulcer, or a UTI OR WHATEVER! We just shake our heads. I. now have a ticket collection of cancelled Morrissey concerts alone, that are the size/ (or bigger)of shows most people don't get to see of artists in their lifetime. We know this was supposedly your last tour and some of us were so happy to shell out the bullshit ticketmaster (Supported Nazi's) prices to be able to see you in the orchestra pitt as well. We made this effort because it was truly amazing to hear The Smiths songs partially come alive once again................even if it was just a few songs.....it was worth it.
You leave me with a few Chicago memories..................1, catching a banana you threw during boy racer at Chicago Theater, 2. walking off Aragon after you were "reportedly' miffed at Boz after 3 songs and then stockpile of unused ticketstubs that I wish i would have written the excuses for on the back....

Never meet your heroes is a very good piece of advice. I had a chance to introduce myself to Morrissey in Reading town centre circe Ouija Board and decided against it. At that time the pedestal I had put him on was so high no-one could have matched my adoration. Back then I thought he was an incandescent genius. These days I just think he's a very talented prick. Gee, ain't it funny how time slips away?

Six cancellations is a bit much, and I'm not surprised you are annoyed, but if he's sick then he's sick. I don't see any way around it. If Lionel Messi is injured someone takes his place and the show goes on, but if a rock star is ill there's no simple solution.

The issue lies with the suspicion many of us have had down the years that *some* gigs that have been cancelled at late notice could have gone ahead and that those ticket holders have fallen foul not of real illness but of hissy fits and an occasional attack of the primadonnas.

I was thinking of acts which tend to tour hard and long like Morrissey, and Radiohead and U2 leapt to mind. I dimly remember Bono needing emergency back surgery a couple of years ago and having to cancel a Glastonbury show but apart from that neither of those groups who tend to go out on the road for eighteen months at a time have a reputation for cancelling in the way Morrissey now sadly has.

Nobody in their right mind should begrudge a cancellation due to genuine illness, as annoying as it may be, but the underlying impression that there have been times before when he could have gone ahead but did not do so, has led in part to the current anger and questioning of motives and motivations in some quarters.

A big THANKS to realitybites for the song . LOVE IT !!!! Where has all the yodelling gone in country music today ? I will check out more music by Wilf Carter reminds me of current group Riders in the Sky (best western music group today)

Glad you liked it. :)

Love yodeling!

Here's a great one by Riders...

And some more yodeling by our favorite yodeler Moz and some little people as well...

i will repeat yesterday and i will repeat today: morrisey has not and has never will to be on stage tonight. thanks for your patience

Never meet your heroes is a very good piece of advice. I had a chance to introduce myself to Morrissey in Reading town centre circe Ouija Board and decided against it. At that time the pedestal I had put him on was so high no-one could have matched my adoration. Back then I thought he was an incandescent genius. These days I just think he's a very talented prick. Gee, ain't it funny how time slips away?

Six cancellations is a bit much, and I'm not surprised you are annoyed, but if he's sick then he's sick. I don't see any way around it. If Lionel Messi is injured someone takes his place and the show goes on, but if a rock star is ill there's no simple solution.

The issue lies with the suspicion many of us have had down the years that *some* gigs that have been cancelled at late notice could have gone ahead and that those ticket holders have fallen foul not of real illness but of hissy fits and an occasional attack of the primadonnas.

I was thinking of acts which tend to tour hard and long like Morrissey, and Radiohead and U2 leapt to mind. I dimly remember Bono needing emergency back surgery a couple of years ago and having to cancel a Glastonbury show but apart from that neither of those groups who tend to go out on the road for eighteen months at a time have a reputation for cancelling in the way Morrissey now sadly has.

Nobody in their right mind should begrudge a cancellation due to genuine illness, as annoying as it may be, but the underlying impression that there have been times before when he could have gone ahead but did not do so, has led in part to the current anger and questioning of motives and motivations in some quarters.

So has davidT made you a mod yet? Sounds like you have excellent credentials for the job.

youre in your fortys and you still skive work to go to gigs?? you need to seriously look at your life.
im 47, when i was twenty this would have been the end of the world but now, ive grown up, lifes too short shit happens get over and get on with it.

I have to say there are bunch of dicks posting messages for a guy who has a bleeding ulcer. The man is in the hospital and has given you many years of happiness. Cut him some slack and send some flowers.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130129/ENT09/301290342#ixzz2JO0GS42Z

Grapevine: Morrissey checks out of Royal Oak hospital
Morrissey is expected to fully recover.

Morrissey released from Beaumont Hospital

British singer Morrissey has been released from a Metro Detroit hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, his publicist said on Monday. According to publicist Lauren Papapietro, Morrissey checked himself into Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak on Friday. After undergoing tests, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and subsequently rescheduled at least six shows, she said.

"Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time …," Papapietro said.

"Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his U.S. tour."

Morrissey was in the Detroit area last week ahead of his scheduled concert in Flint on Thursday, which ended up being canceled. He last played a show in Columbus, Ohio, Tuesday. Morrissey is scheduled to be back on stage in Las Vegas on Feb. 9.

That is an absolute gem of an album.

Its an OK LP if you want a boring version of a moz beside, poor martin never quite mastered being Bradford.

I'm in my 40's and i saw the Smiths, and i think you're an idiot

Tags
illness so on tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom