Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Vegas - BrooklynVegan

UPDATE Jan. 29:

Joe sends the link:

Grapevine: Morrissey checks out of Royal Oak hospital - The Detroit News

Excerpt:

British singer Morrissey has been released from a Metro Detroit hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, his publicist said on Monday. According to publicist Lauren Papapietro, Morrissey checked himself into Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak on Friday. After undergoing tests, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and subsequently rescheduled at least six shows, she said.

"Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time …," Papapietro said.

Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer
- BrooklynVegan

Excerpt:

Following hospital treatment, Morrissey has been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and the upcoming engagements in Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS, Clear Lake, IA and Lincoln, NE will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time. The tour will resume in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 9. Patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as all rescheduled dates will be announced within the coming days.

Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his US tour.

UPDATE 5:55 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link:

Morrissey's health condition diagnosed in Metro Detroit hospital forces him to reschedule tour dates - MLive.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

O thank God he's going to be OK and in time for Vegas, Tempe and El Paso!!! Woohoo!!!

I'll get a rice cooker! :D Bland food, no alcohol, boring television, the prescription for HEALTH! I'll drive you to Vegas too!

(f*** I better get a ticket now sooner than later.)

Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

I really hope he gets better soon!Ulcer`s are not a fun thing to go through.I`m really glad he`s going to be okay.:):):):)

I really hope he gets better soon!Ulcer`s are not a fun thing to go through.I`m really glad he`s going to be okay.:):):):)

Slow down with the sympathy and lets re-wind a bit

Boz is ill
The band is ill
Bereavment
Bladder infection
A W O L
Ulcer

Give me a bit of credit here please ???? I will NOT put my hand in the fire just because Morrissey wants me to.

Why oh why would anybody give this prick a record contract ???

I think the way he has dicked around the last couple of days has put that one to bed now.
Awful the way he treats people including his band dressing them up and expecting them to take the blame for HIM being the ILL one

Never again Mozzer/Tozzer

The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre is not happy.

3sqyy1.jpg

I'll get a rice cooker! :D Bland food, no alcohol, boring television, the prescription for HEALTH! I'll drive you to Vegas too!

(f*** I better get a ticket now sooner than later.)

Hey CG

I have to have a bland diet too.I have acid reflux.Maybe I can help too.:D

I'm just glad his weanus is going to be fine. :blushing:

Morrissey on Monday, January 28th has been POSTPONED

[email protected]
7:42 PM (30 minutes ago)

We apologize for the last minute announcement, but the Morrissey show on Monday, January 28th at The Orange Peel has been postponed.

Following hospital treatment Morrissey has been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and the upcoming engagement at The Orange Peel on January 28th, will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time. The tour will resume in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 9. Patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as all rescheduled dates will be announced within the coming days.

Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his US tour.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2013/01/morrisseys_health_condition_af.html

Rescheduled dates - to be determined at a later date

01-28 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
01-29 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
01-31 Atlanta, GA - Cobb Energy Center for the Performing Arts
02-02 Lawrence, KS - Liberty Hall
02-05 Clear Lake, IA - Surf Ballroom
02-06 Lincoln, NE - Rococo Theatre

Tour dates still in tact and scheduled as of Sunday night

02-09 Las Vegas, NV - The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
02-10 Phoenix, AZ - Marquee Theatre
02-12 El Paso, TX - Tricky Falls
02-13 Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall
02-15 Pharr, TX - Pharr Events Center
02-16 Beaumont, TX - Jefferson Theater
02-18 Dallas, TX - Palladium
02-21 Denver, CO - Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
02-22 Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall
02-24 San Francisco, CA - Davies Symphony Hall
03-01 Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
03-02 Sparks, NV - John Ascuaga's Nugget - Rose Ballroom
03-04 Davis, CA - Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis
03-06 Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre
03-08 Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Toasted his health this evening, glad he's going to be all right.

O thank God he's going to be OK and in time for Vegas, Tempe and El Paso!!! Woohoo!!!

As predicted by the Ambitious Insider

Anonymous - January 14, 2013, 08:28 PM

Things got screwed up during meat is murder... Some lines were missed or something. They finished the song and Moz went off as usual, but they didn't come back for an encore.
I predict that this tour is going to go from bad to worse as it goes on and our Steven is going to be left asking biq questions of himself.
All we can do now is sit back and watch it all un-fold right before our eyes.
You heard it here first.

Ambitious Insider

Buckingham palace 1 - Morrissey 0

Its really laughable Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ho ho hoh oh hoh hoh hoh

Ha h a hah aha a ha ahahah aha

You just make sure nobody does a hoax call to your ward Morrissey eh !!!!

Or your gonna be more f***ed than you already are ! !

PAYBACK YOU WANKER HA !

Bleeding ulcers can be quite serious.

Here's hoping to his speedy recovery.

This is the first time in years that he's done anything entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Praying for you Morrissey.

I wonder how sad and shocked he will feel when he reads all these comments ? He could have died and gone to hell and nobody really give a shit did they ?

I wonder when the rescheduled dates will happen. Tour page has March 8th as the last US date, but March 14th begins in Mexico for a festival. I know this is all incredibly pointless to talk about, but I am bummed about his ill health and the cancellation of the Asheville show tomorrow. Third time it's been canceled or postponed. Asheville loves you, Morrissey. Stop being so shy. :love:

I wonder when the rescheduled dates will happen. Tour page has March 8th as the last US date, but March 14th begins in Mexico for a festival. I know this is all incredibly pointless to talk about, but I am bummed about his ill health and the cancellation of the Asheville show tomorrow. Third time it's been canceled or postponed. Asheville loves you, Morrissey. Stop being so shy. :love:

Perhaps in late March/early April. I don't think it's pointless to talk about. I think it's positive and he needs those vibes from us :) I was so excited for the show tomorrow, but his health comes first. I'd rather see him upbeat than down and feeling bad. I'm just glad to know he's alright, but it really breaks my heart to know he's been so ill. Here's to a speedy recovery for our man...

We'll see him soon and the love we give him will only make him stronger!

Tags
illness so on tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom