Morrissey accuses the haters of being jealous of Israel - Israellycool.com

Morrissey: Israel haters are just ‘jealous’ of the country - The Jewish Chronicle
New Morrissey song 'Israel' openly takes critics of the Jewish state to task - while a second song on his new album makes reference to a Holocaust related theatre production

Pop icon Morrissey has accused those who "rain abuse" on Israel of doing so because they are "jealous" of the country.

In the lyrics of his new song entitled Israel the former Smiths frontman also accuses unnamed enemies of wanting to instil their own “dark sky” on the Jewish state.

The near six-minute long pro-Zionist ballad is the closing track on Morrissey's new album Low In High School.

In typically hard-hitting fashion, the singer, who has regularly performed concerts in Tel Aviv, sings: “In other climes they bitch and whine/Just because you are not like them - Israel, Israel".

Referencing Israel’s critics, he adds: “And they who rain abuse upon you – they are jealous of you as well”.

Elsewhere in the song Morrissey appears to take issue with non-Jewish religious-based criticism of Israel, referring to "virgin priests”, perhaps a nod to his own uncomfortable Catholic upbringing.

Morrissey also attempts to avoid accusations of becoming an apologist for excessive Israeli military actions, suggesting he "can't answer" for army matters.

Israel is not the only track in which Morrissey deals with Jewish-related themes on the new album.

On a song called The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel, the star pays homage to the theatrical production of the same name based on the diaries of Etty Hillesum, who was murdered in Auschwitz in 1943.

Morrissey’s positive stance on Israel stretches back over a decade –he once appeared on stage in Tel Aviv draped in an Israeli flag.

In 2008 he ignored calls by BDS campaigners to pull out of a concert there and ended a show saying: “God bless Israel”. He also appeared in a video with the word “Israel” tattooed on his forearm in Hebrew.

In 2012 Morrissey was given a key to the city of Tel Aviv by Mayor Ron Huldai . "I have become a small face of Tel Aviv. I will be very happy to represent with integrity and loyalty,” the singer said.

He also once attacked political critics for blaming the entire population of Israel for the election of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

But Morrissey has also drawn criticism for seemingly adopting chauvinistic views of non-white cultures in recent years.

His new album, which is his first since 2014, is out on November 17.

Also:

Morrissey accuses the haters of being jealous of Israel - Israellycool.com
By Aussie Dave.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuck - I really hope this isn't an un-nuanced celebration of the place. The Mojo review suggested it isn't.
If it is, it could be his cringiest lyrical faux pas since Bengali in Platforms.

Instead of Morrissey & Siouxsie, how about we get Moz & Priti Patel.

"What seems like a state-for-Jews nooow, could be the beginning of love" :sweet:

I hope the lyrics are not as clear cut as the zionist rag the jewish chronicle makes out, otherwise it's a real shame in my opinion.

I think that is interesting. I'm a Christian and I'm very much in favour of the Jewish state of Israel. I don't support any violence in Israel though on either side.

The only real news here is that people are passing the promo around like a cheap whore...

The only real news here is that people are passing the promo around like a cheap whore...
Unfortunately no ones passing it into their hard drives so we can all join in.

Moz sings against US politics but love the american people.
He sings against EU (system politic) but love Europe (people)
Maybe the world hates all of Israel when the bad of Israel are the politics, the people says "Don't hate the muslisms or arabs because terrorist or some bad people" but also says "hate all Israel".

If he makes a song about North Korea the people will demands a song against the leader bc is the correct thing and he can't make a beauty song about North Koreans bc the social justice warriors going to belive he's supporting the crazy chubby man.
Idk, it's hard for the internet, but I respect the political ideology of every person.

Unfortunately no ones passing it into their hard drives so we can all join in.

That's because no one that has it wants to either get sued or go through the effort of scrubbing the ID stamp off the rip.

Interesting to hear "The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel" is about Hillesum. She grew up in my home town and the secondary school I went to was named after her.

As for people slagging each other off for belonging to this creed or that ethnicity or any other label you'd care to think of, it's beyond me - and irrelevant to boot. We're all people, troublesome as that may be.

Last edited:
People are so damn lazy these days.
The software to remove identifiers from music files is a few kBs in size and easily found.
Similarly, a direct windows sound recording of the album via audacity would give an identical copy with zero traces of DRM whatsoever.
That, of course, presupposes there's any on there in the first place (quite possible with BMG, but utterly able to be bypassed).
You'd think that if it was so widely available that people could quote more than a few lines coincidentally like all the reviewer snippets.
It will surface soon.
Regards,
FWD.

Writing a song about people ( Jewish people African people... doesn't matter) and a city (Jerusalem London Istanbul Paris...) is okay. This is absolutely fine and normal :thumbsup:

But promoting a government or a state is merely something else :handwaving: He's exactly walking on the line. Knife edge. You can love a town, its climate, the culture, etc. But this does not mean that you fully support all those politics things going around. An artist has to distance himself/herself from politics and be in favor of "humanity" not populists or extremists. :crazy:

If he's really into this (supporting zionists or communists or capitalists with dedicating a song), he better stop singing, go to his hometown and open a stand. With a big plackard. "State Affairs Is My Business".

So disappointing. :straightface:

From now on, I am sick and tired of his statements about things that are not related with his music. Airport abuse (?), police thing (?), UKIP support (?), bla bla. Love is music, music is love. Politics is against love.

Cindy Love.

The software to remove identifiers from music files is a few kBs in size and easily found.
Similarly, a direct windows sound recording of the album via audacity would give an identical copy with zero traces of DRM whatsoever.
That, of course, presupposes there's any on there in the first place (quite possible with BMG, but utterly able to be bypassed).
You'd think that if it was so widely available that people could quote more than a few lines coincidentally like all the reviewer snippets.
It will surface soon.
Regards,
FWD.
I dunno. I think we might have to actually wait for the actual release date

Tel Aviv is famously a city with open arms to Vegans. It's certainly the most Vegan Friendly city Morrissey has ever visited. It's not rocket science to see why Morrissey likes going to Israel. Older fans will recall his foray into environmental issues very early in his solo career. It didn't last long. He admitted that he'd given up on the human race and would instead concentrate on the welfare of animals.

It all fits.

Writing a song about people ( Jewish people African people... doesn't matter) and a city (Jerusalem London Istanbul Paris...) is okay. This is absolutely fine and normal :thumbsup:

But promoting a government or a state is merely something else :handwaving: He's exactly walking on the line. Knife edge. You can love a town, its climate, the culture, etc. But this does not mean that you fully support all those politics things going around. An artist has to distance himself/herself from politics and be in favor of "humanity" not populists or extremists. :crazy:

If he's really into this (supporting zionists or communists or capitalists with dedicating a song), he better stop singing, go to his hometown and open a stand. With a big plackard. "State Affairs Is My Business".

So disappointing. :straightface:

From now on, I am sick and tired of his statements about things that are not related with his music. Airport abuse (?), police thing (?), UKIP support (?), bla bla. Love is music, music is love. Politics is against love.

Cindy Love.

Nice theory. Then he shouldn't be singing about the US either. That's not a government that any sane person should promote.

Cindy Love.

and what if his music is about politics ?

I dunno. I think we might have to actually wait for the actual release date
world peace was a Thursday night so I'm going for tomorrow night.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom