See Sam's lovely photography page: https://www.facebook.com/samphotog/
Last night at 7.45 on Via del Corso in Rome, the Police Officer pictured below terrorized Morrissey for 35 minutes demanding "papers". Morrissey had no papers.
The Officer then said "I know who you are." Morrissey replied: "I know the law, I know my rights, and you have no reason to stop me." The Officer shouted very loudly and a crowd of over 100 people gathered. The Officer held his gun throughout the confrontation. After 35 minutes, Morrissey walked away, and the Officer did not follow.
Morrissey says: "This was a deliberate act of terror by this Officer, who had no personal identification, but whose Polizia 113 motor-bike had the plate G2458. I had not broken the law or acted suspiciously. The officer unlocked his gun and held it as he screamed into my face. Some people came to my rescue. This happened outside the Nike store, and many people filmed the obviously insane officer. I believe he recognized me and wanted to frighten me. I did not back down even though I believed he was about to shoot me. I urge people to beware of this dangerously aggressive Officer. He might kill you."
- Original Italian police photo / story removed from SER Facebook page - July 22, 2017
- Macerata Opera Festival (Sep. 6) officially cancelled - July 14, 2017
- Italian police ready to sue and ask for compensation - reports - July 10, 2017
- SER denies driving car, names officer in FB comments; Morrissey quoted in Metro.co.uk article - July 7, 2017
- Morrissey and SER driving at high speed in wrong direction according to police - La Repubblica - July 6, 2017
- Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in Sep. due to incident - SER/Rolling Stone - July 5, 2017
- Morrissey Says “Insane” Police Officer Accosted Him in “Act of Terror” - Pitchfork. Link posted by Famous when dead.
- Morrissey claims he was ‘terrorised’ by a police officer in Rome - NME. Link posted by Famous when dead.
- Morrissey’s most current “tail”: nationalists and vigilantes - Niklas' blog. Link posted by Famous when dead.
- Morrissey claims he was held at gunpoint by police officer in Rome - The Guardian. Link posted by Famous when dead.