Morrissey abuse on YOR tour

King Leer

Leering since '97
Is it my imagination or have there been more "incidents" on this tour than any previous? Whether it's throwing drinks at the the Man (again last night in Oslo) or hurling abuse and interrupting beautiful songs like Seasick. WTF is going on??

Re: Morrissey abuse on this tour...

Hmmm, sadly idiots who aren't worthy for being Morrissey's audience came to see the gigs.

I witnessed an incident in July 1986 New Castle Mayfair that when Morrissey started singing Hand In Glove an idiot spat at him, the gig was ended immediately. :(

I don't think it's your imagination because I was just thinking the same thing when I read about tonight. How many times has this happened now? Four? Five? :mad: At least he's having the jackasses thrown out when it happens.

imagine how he feels...

Wow -- you were there for an unfortunate part of Smiths history. There's Finsbury park and the sausage incident, too. Just seems like lately the natives are getting restless...Can't recall anything major during Quarry or Ringleader, but there might've been a drink or two.

Hmmm, sadly idiots who aren't worthy for being Morrissey's audience came to see the gigs.

I witnessed an incident in July 1986 New Castle Mayfair that when Morrissey started singing Hand In Glove an idiot spat at him, the gig was ended immediately. :(

Wow -- you were there for an unfortunate part of Smiths history. There's Finsbury park and the sausage incident, too. Just seems like lately the natives are getting restless...Can't recall anything major during Quarry or Ringleader, but there might've been a drink or two.

In Pasadena during the Ringleader tour, I saw someone grab Morrissey by the neck and pull. Hard. Morrissey's body went limp. I was only about five feet away, but I was blocked by a wall of people. I wanted so badly to get over there and try to pull the guy off Moz, but there was no way. I was really terrified for Morrissey. Seems he was all right though. Ed and Arturo got the guy off him and he stood up and, after composing himself, went on with the show.

I really don't know why people want to hurt him. People who paid money to see the shows. It's so odd to me.

imagine how he feels...

I try to do that quite often!

But yeah i've had similar thoughts...some people really piss me off. I love it when everyone is singing along, but i truly dislike people interrupting songs, screaming meaningless shit, starting fights and stuff like that. There was this incident last week in Odense where Moz got someone thrown out. Last wednesday in Copenhagen it wasn't that bad, still some people we're really annoying. I'm excited to see what it's going to be like in Gothenburg on monday.

not my proudest moment as a citizen of oslo indeed. hope he won't hold it against us if there is another tour... hopefully monday goes without incident. see you there!

These days people sit at home on their computers and hurl abuse with no consequences all the time. Maybe in a darkened arena they still feel safe enough to keep acting like idiots, thinking they'll be lost in the crowd.

Just more proof of the decay of humanity -- worldwide.

I watched the video footage.
Morrissey handled the situation beautifully. Lights up, call the idiots out. Perfectly in control the whole time.

These days people sit at home on their computers and hurl abuse with no consequences all the time. Maybe in a darkened arena they still feel safe enough to keep acting like idiots, thinking they'll be lost in the crowd.

Just more proof of the decay of humanity -- worldwide.

except that this stuff has been going on forever.

I was just on the front page and saw the video at Oslo. What other incidents have occurred this tour? I don't lurk here carefully enough.

16th May Cambridge Corn Exchange a heckler was thrown out from the venue.

I remember 23rd May Manchester Apollo white trainers were thrown at the stage (didn't hit anyone on stage).

Anker already mentioned that 15th June in Odense, a similar incident as Cambridge happened.

Last edited:

i dont know, in a crowd of 1500-2000 ++, chances are there's at least one or two idiots that are dead set on showing everyone just how much of an idiot they are.
99% of the crowd in oslo was nothing but respectful, supporting and loving, and i'm sure the same can be said for the other shows too. it's just a shame when the 1% has to f*** things up for everyone...

Morrissey handled the situation beautifully. Lights up, call the idiots out. Perfectly in control the whole time.

positively surprised:

in a cool, almost relaxed tone of voice
a precise, 'smash their heads in'

not an angry or vengeful tone in his voice

Wow.

(which is baffling myself because I am rather the pacifist gentle type. But) this was sheer elegance

Chapeu!, Moz

I just expect more from Morrissey fans for some reason.

Do you believe that these persons could be Morrissey fans??
Or even more ... people with EDUCATION!!

I`m sorry, but the persons who have been extracted of the venues by incidents of this type are a few idiots

what a shame..
what a shame..

:tears:

Do you believe that these persons could be Morrissey fans??
Or even more ... people with EDUCATION!!

I`m sorry, but the persons who have been extracted of the venues by incidents of this type are a few idiots

what a shame..
what a shame..

:tears:

shame is the name

Tags
annoying dbags booze cruise classless cockheads cokeheads davejay=tl;dr dont throw it it wasnt me
Back
Top Bottom