Morrissey abandons show after been smacked on head by crowd missile

They all look like naughty school children :lbf:

Not to piss on an otherwise fine conspiracy theory but the house lights are on in that photo. Which means it was either taken:

a) before the gig (so even if that's where the glass was thrown from, the people stood there at the time of the photo would be somewhere else by the time the gig started)

OR

b) after Morrissey had huffed off, not to return (and as the culprit got hauled over the barrier, they wouldn't be there to be in a photo)

Seems like someone is making Moz Solo mischief to me.

Not to piss on an otherwise fine conspiracy theory but the house lights are on in that photo. Which means it was either taken:

a) before the gig (so even if that's where the glass was thrown from, the people stood there at the time of the photo would be somewhere else by the time the gig started)

OR

b) after Morrissey had huffed off, not to return (and as the culprit got hauled over the barrier, they wouldn't be there to be in a photo)

Seems like someone is making Moz Solo mischief to me.

this photo was taken whilst the videos were on. me and my friend are in the photo and your right, by the time of the incident we had moved a lot closer to were the photographer is here.

BUT when moz walked off, that guy who is pictured was around this area, he was accussed by many and also he never said a word, he looked guilty as hell. He was then taken over the barrier

I think he should have left the stage, only to return half an hour later washed up and refreshed that is. It was only the second song...

Imagine you being there, with no blame at all. That goes for 8.999 of people there.

I found it irresponsible to leave 9.000 minus one (asshole) for 'this'. If you are passionate and in love with performing this CANNOT be a show stopper. It doesn't seem logic to me. He wasn't in the mood from start and this came along. :rolleyes: It's bad to say, but that's how I feel after this cancellation pattern history.

Robbie Williams. He was pushed from a metre high stage and returned fast and said something like: I won't let one f***er spoil this evening for YOU! I admire that, funnily enough.

Robbie Williams, for God's sake.

Robbie Williams. He was pushed from a metre high stage and returned fast and said something like: I won't let one f***er spoil this evening for YOU! I admire that, funnily enough.

Robbie Williams, for God's sake.

I remember that. He got injured too.

And I know that a festival is a totally different thing but another incident that came to mind was this:

'In 2006 at Reading, Panic at the Disco lead singer Brendon Urie was struck in the face with a plastic bottle, knocking him unconscious and forcing the band to stop mid-song. Urie received treatment from his road crew for several minutes, then the band continued from the point at which their song was interrupted.'

Knocked unconscious, knocked spark OUT & came BACK on stage to finish their set!

I'd love to be on Morrissey's side with this but I just can't do it.

I remember that. He got injured too.

And I know that a festival is a totally different thing but another incident that came to mind was this:

'In 2006 at Reading, Panic at the Disco lead singer Brendon Urie was struck in the face with a plastic bottle, knocking him unconscious and forcing the band to stop mid-song. Urie received treatment from his road crew for several minutes, then the band continued from the point at which their song was interrupted.'

Knocked unconscious, knocked spark OUT & came BACK on stage to finish their set!

I'd love to be on Morrissey's side with this but I just can't do it.

Look at that. In Brendon's case I would have understood if their performance would have been cancelled. He was physically unable to continu, for a while at least. On top of that, a festival doesn't evolve around one band, most people go there to see a whole range of bands so it wouldn't have been a drama if they had left...
Morrissey on the other hand, is not replacable.

Were Moz showed no effort and character this guy did. I think the difference between both is motivation. Clearly. Really. I can't see it any other way.

I love Moz. I always will. But that doesn't mean I approve of everything he does. God no.

Last edited:
He was hit by a plastic bottle and then bails?! I can't believe he didn't get the fans to turn in the asshole and then go on performing. It seems to me like he was looking for an excuse to quit...and he found one. How many thousands of fans showed up for this, anyways?!

Sure a plastic bottle sounds oh so benign to be hit with, doesn't it. Well, the bottle was full or nearly full when it struck him. The photograph shows it pretty clearly. That would not be fun to be hit in the forehead/eye region with a full or nearly full bottle of liquid even if it was plastic. I do not blame Morrissey one bit or any other artist for that matter for stopping the concert. He doesn't have to put up with that shite! And as far as those of you saying it has happened to him before, etc., etc. . . given the recent problems with his health and hospitalization, I think he is justified in protecting himself against such things. That is the most important thing - to preserve his health and well being. I know how disappointing it was to those who were in attendance, but it is clearly a case of one jerk ruining the whole evening. If you have any hostility regarding the incident it should be directed to the person who assaulted Morrissey whilst he was singing and kneeling down to shake the hands of his fans. Just a few short weeks ago people on this site were extremely concerned about his health and well being because of the Swindon collapse and subsequent hospitalization. Now, no one seems to give a damn about his health or well being. I know it was disappointing but don't be so selfish, people. Mozza had every right to abandon the stage and not return for more abuse. He is too long in the tooth to put up with that sort of thing. I mean imagine the shock of having that bottle hit your face out of no where! If you don't want to go to further Moz gigs then don't. That is your choice and your loss.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/llyBpcJ6taA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/llyBpcJ6taA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Sure a plastic bottle sounds oh so benign to be hit with, doesn't it. Well, the bottle was full or nearly full when it struck him. The photograph shows it pretty clearly. That would not be fun to be hit in the forehead/eye region with a full or nearly full bottle of liquid even if it was plastic. I do not blame Morrissey one bit or any other artist for that matter for stopping the concert. He doesn't have to put up with that shite! And as far as those of you saying it has happened to him before, etc., etc. . . given the recent problems with his health and hospitalization, I think he is justified in protecting himself against such things. That is the most important thing - to preserve his health and well being. I know how disappointing it was to those who were in attendance, but it is clearly a case of one jerk ruining the whole evening. If you have any hostility regarding the incident it should be directed to the person who assaulted Morrissey whilst he was singing and kneeling down to shake the hands of his fans. Just a few short weeks ago people on this site were extremely concerned about his health and well being because of the Swindon collapse and subsequent hospitalization. Now, no one seems to give a damn about his health or well being. I know it was disappointing but don't be so selfish, people. Mozza had every right to abandon the stage and not return for more abuse. He is too long in the tooth to put up with that sort of thing. I mean imagine the shock of having that bottle hit your face out of no where! If you don't want to go to further Moz gigs then don't. That is your choice and your loss.

I take my hat off to you, well said :clap:

this photo was taken whilst the videos were on. me and my friend are in the photo and your right, by the time of the incident we had moved a lot closer to were the photographer is here.

BUT when moz walked off, that guy who is pictured was around this area, he was accussed by many and also he never said a word, he looked guilty as hell. He was then taken over the barrier

He looks like Anthony Hopkins.

Like you wrote it sucks one person ruined the night for everyone, but how can you blame someone for being blasted in the face with a water bottle and reacting by getting the hell out of there. I'd be pissed too. Knowing Morrissey, he'll try to make up the date and make light of the incident.

Here's a thought: when you see some dumbass about to chuck something onstage: STOP THEM!

I can understand anyone who is really annoyed by some freak spoiling the evening for everyone. But I'm also pretty shocked by this manhunt that comes with posting a supposedly culprit's photo. Think twice.

Wonder what will happen next? Perhaps a thread for the anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance? Or maybe even people submitting artistic impressions of Jack The Ripper?

This thread is worse than some News Of The World "Sarah's Law" campaign. AND THATS f***ING SAYING SOMETING If, as rumour has it, the man identified as Dennis Neilsen didn't throw the projectile and I was him, I would certainly be looking at the possibilty of suing this site for libel, regardless of the small print.

Truly and utterly disgraceful. Just wondering how the site moderators can justify not removing this photo? Should I ask this somewhere else?

lol I've ben to several concerts and it does never happen... at least here. Besides, what's the point?

I've seen hundreds of shows (metal, hardcore, punk,...). Definitely. And I can count the shows where beer was thrown at the stage on one hand. So I agree...

Come on, you go to see a band to have fun. And hopefully you're gonna see them, cuz you LIKE 'em. How's a throwing a beer bottle at a 50 year old guy that just recovered, respectful?

It was a disrepectful act. Come on man. Like I said earlier, I would have done exactly the same as Morrissey. I'd say "Screw this"

Don't mess with Morrissey.

I feel really bad for everybody who was there. (Minus one.) I'm sorry, but a show of 8,000(?) people?! He should have had the guy sorted out, shown him up for what he is, and soldiered on. I love him to death but it's ridiculous.

I feel really bad for everybody who was there. (Minus one.) I'm sorry, but a show of 8,000(?) people?! He should have had the guy sorted out, shown him up for what he is, and soldiered on. I love him to death but it's ridiculous.

exactly, I could understand moz walking off but that was when I assumed/hoped for a resheduling. One nobhead wrecking it for thousands of people, life just ain't fair.

Back
Top Bottom