Morrissey A-Z: "When Last I Spoke to Carol"

With the right marketing approach, this song would’ve been a top five single. Surely?

He didn’t seem to feel like coming to someone’s aid or rescue was pointless in songs like sunny

Bless Comrades:praying:

yes comrades very good masterpiece, when i last spoke to carol.
very good, Moz good again comrades:handsopen:
Comrades needed box set, jap rarities and vegas 45. very needed.
only 9 rubles comrades:blush:
purple vinyl not collectible no rarity US manufacture:handpointleft:

xxx Comrade T

He didn’t seem to feel like coming to someone’s aid or rescue was pointless in songs like sunny
He has grown colder over the years.

I see the docile one has proved once again he’s clueless in Minnesota. He doesn’t even know the title of the song.
Box sets, Japan rarities, Vegas 45’s, nobody ever loved me, pow, wow xx

Bless Comrades :praying:

yes Comrades , Moz masterpiece here= when i last spoke to carol:raisedhands:
'pow pow' maybe song meatpuppet=very bad comrades. meatpuppet
have mcmuffin inside:bowing:
best collector top fan= box set, jap rarity, vegas 45:fist:

xxx Comrade T

He has grown colder over the years.

He’s grown harder but I don’t think he’s grown colder. I see lots of sympathy coming from morrissey. I think he also has the practicality and perspective of an intelligent man of his age who maybe feels like he doesn’t have the time for the superficial

The Toy Selectah remix should probably be included as it was released through official channels (albeit initially rather obscurely - Myspace & Universal Sweden).

Further,
This:

Is meant to be the 'Tijuana' (aka Nortec Collective) version and was asserted to be remixed with 'official' sanction.

Regards,
FWD.

I like both of these but I can't believe a 'Meat Mix' received 'official' sanction...

I like both of these but I can't believe a 'Meat Mix' received 'official' sanction...
I believe Stephane cited it that way as, given the time period, they wouldn't have access to the vocal take (which sounds unmixed/different) unless it was handed to them.
It's also been called the Nortec Coyote mix, Nortec Bostich & Fussible and just Nortec - who knows?
But:

Screenshot_20211001-181450~2.png
Screenshot_20211001-181549~2.png

(Sagrada = sacred)
Regards,
FWD.

That was more or less my interpretation when first hearing the lyrics, but English is not my first language, so I became a bit unsure after reading some of the earlier comments. To me, Carol has clearly been battling depression for a long time and Morrissey, suffering from the same affliction, is unable to help her and too sincere to bring himself to say those empty phrases that people say to "cheer" someone up.

The lyrics are pretty dark, but the song is catchy and energetic and I hope that he will sing it live again in the future.
yes, exactly

He’s grown harder but I don’t think he’s grown colder. I see lots of sympathy coming from morrissey. I think he also has the practicality and perspective of an intelligent man of his age who maybe feels like he doesn’t have the time for the superficial
Not entirely sure what you’re getting at, but I actually feel he has become more superficial these past 15 years or so.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom