Morrissey A-Z: "(The) Secret of Music"

7 is still solid, though? I’m still on the fence about him urging whoever it is he’s singing to to off him/herself.
yes, 7 is solid. i hate to say it, but a song shouldn't be entirely dismissed just because of what he COULD be singing about. but yes, the song is about thinking for oneself and not allowing the mainstream to influence how you see the world. I'm far from a right winger, as you'll see in my next response to you, but I can listen to the song and find ways to find meaning in what he's saying without going down the "red pill rabbit hole" that may or may not be the meaning of the lyrics.

also, the music and song structure are both good.

With me, I'm always eagerly awaiting Thelma Houston's "you ain't foolin' nobody!"

hey, no hate! it's just not something i can listen to on the regular! I like Thelma and obviously Moz, but it's just a bit too long for me and the lyrics don't say enough to me about my life for me to find reasons to go back to it on the regular.

yes, 7 is solid. i hate to say it, but a song shouldn't be entirely dismissed just because of what he COULD be singing about. but yes, the song is about thinking for oneself and not allowing the mainstream to influence how you see the world. I'm far from a right winger, as you'll see in my next response to you, but I can listen to the song and find ways to find meaning in what he's saying without going down the "red pill rabbit hole" that may or may not be the meaning of the lyrics.

also, the music and song structure are both good.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The thing about a great original artist like Morrissey, with the large discography that he has, is that people won't be disputing his overall greatness as an artist (historically), they just dispute the songs that they like (and why they like them).

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom