Morrissey A-Z: "On the Streets I Ran"

I love the line
take anyone, take people from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, just spare me :ROFLMAO:
Yes, but he also sings, take everyone, the newborn, the stillborn, just spare me which always bugs me. I know what he's trying to convey and I am glad for him that he had this one (brief) period in life where he was truly happy to be alive on this earth, but there's something sacred about the newborns, especially in the catholic religion.

I much prefer the line Turn sickness into a popular song / unpopular song, that's a good one.

why is it we get all this hatred for the album now whereas when it came out it was well received by most people on here,think the observer called it the morrissey masterpeice,time is a funny thing.
Okay, but let's look at a list of songs you've rated 8/10. Is this equal to "November Spawned A Monster?"

Okay, but let's look at a list of songs you've rated 8/10. Is this equal to "November Spawned A Monster?"
mind yer own business.i dont tell you what to put down for a score.

Yes, but he also sings, take everyone, the newborn, the stillborn, just spare me which always bugs me. I know what he's trying to convey and I am glad for him that he had this one (brief) period in life where he was truly happy to be alive on this earth, but there's something sacred about the newborns, especially in the catholic religion.

I much prefer the line Turn sickness into a popular song / unpopular song, that's a good one.
that's the line I remember, too. I think this song is okay but I never listen to this album. I listen to individual songs from it and I haven't chosen this one in a long time. I think that at the time everyone was just really happy to have another new record.
There are definitely worse songs on the record. "The Father Who Must Be Killed," for example.
Not sure if this is a 6 or a 7.

It's a shame he's never played live in Iran, as this song would go down gangbusters.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom