Morrissey A-Z: "Lady Willpower"

"It's now or never" (O Sole Mio) would be a good cover

I had never heard this song before this and kinda loved it. It really is fun to sing along with and the vocal is very precise and forceful without being sassy or melodramatic. I find myself enjoying the confidence of the song. Might be schmaltzy but but it doesn’t seem to care

78th? That's quite shocking. But there are very few covers that I would rate higher than most of his original output, so...
Don't be shocked yet, you haven't seen what position the next cover that we discuss finished!!! ;)

California Son was the most recent album at the time though, so that will always make people either say "It's wonderful" or "It's terrible" and it will skew the results.

This track was probably about halfway of that album's 12 which seems fair enough.

I wasn't in the mood for this yesterday, but I'd love to hear it now. Great cover!

It might be my least favorite from California Son. It's not different enough from the original.

Could have been a great single with ‘kick the bride down the aisle’ as it’s b-side.

just because

:cool:

LET THE BOY PLAY KARAOKE!!!

ffs. Hasn’t he given you folks enough ‘miserablism’ to last you a lifetime?

just saying

:blushing: :cool:

If I've been listening to it since I saw we were going to discuss it, I guess I must like it . . On the other hand, it reminds me of Engelbert Humperdinck which is hmmm ... :rolleyes:

78th? That's quite shocking. But there are very few covers that I would rate higher than most of his original output, so...
its only shocking because you dont like it.i love it but im surprised its at 78,i would be more than happy with 178.

its only shocking because you dont like it.i love it but im surprised its at 78,i would be more than happy with 178.

Well, yes, but also because it's a cover version. I think he has more than 77 original songs that are better than any cover he's done.

I think Flibberty is probably right in saying that California Son being the most recent release at the time contributed to some of the songs ranking so high up in that poll.

Perhaps my favourite song on California son. I probably wouldn't listen to the original, but I love how he sings this.
Exactly.... my only qualm with this song is Moz is openly singing about wanting to shag a woman...
Which is very confusing as it’s not ambiguous for a change . That said it’s not his words though is it ...
Still it’s best played very loud in the car

Morrissey's version of Lady Willpower is beautiful and strong. It says a lot the choice of this song. It's one of my favorites of California Son.

Exactly.... my only qualm with this song is Moz is openly singing about wanting to shag a woman...
Which is very confusing as it’s not ambiguous for a change . That said it’s not his words though is it ...
Still it’s best played very loud in the car

Oh well, it doesn't have to be about a woman though.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom