Morrissey A-Z: "Kiss Me A Lot"

Always enjoyed this song nice little sing along anthem it is......
I’ve forgotten how uncomfortable and awkward Moz looks in these videos.....
Also love the guitars as well....
Uncomfortable and awkward? hahaha really? You must be joking. No? Are you being serious?

I'd never seen Sam's video for this before, but its entirely gratuitous objectification of women is really quite something.
Objectification? Because they're scantily clad? I found their poses to be natural.

not heard this for a while,sounds good.it is what it is,a pop song.its not going to change anybodies lives because it wasnt supposed to.
7 stockyards/10 churchyards.
I'd just finished petting a dog when I listened to it, so I was hearing 'kiss' but was thinking 'pet'. Pet me a lot.

The music is OK as far as it goes, but this has the most vacuous lyric of Morrissey's career. He trashes brain-dead pop stars in songs like 'The Kids A Looker', and what great lyrical insights is he offering here? Nothing. He wants someone to snog him - wow - that's it. Even The Cheeky Girls have lyrics with more depth than this. Just embarrassing.

The music is OK as far as it goes, but this has the most vacuous lyric of Morrissey's career. He trashes brain-dead pop stars in songs like 'The Kids A Looker', and what great lyrical insights is he offering here? Nothing. He wants someone to snog him - wow - that's it. Even The Cheeky Girls have lyrics with more depth than this. Just embarrassing.
Come and smile
Don't be shy
Touch my bum - this is life

There IS some substance to the song. When he wants to be kissed all over the place does he mean literally all over his body or in as many different locations as possible? The music, production and singing sound exuberant to me. Its one of the few songs where I don't care WHAT he's singing about, but the way he sings. It's great to sing along to. I also like how he holds his note at the end of the song and then leaves off and let's the music carry me into the fade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer.. he always looks uncomfortable in his videos...
It’s just not his natural look...
Now if you watch the video that smiler posted...
Well that his his natural look.
Smiler eh? Okay I'll have a look at smiler's posts and see if I can easily find the video.

I love this song.

Shame there's no video for it.

For the first 12 months or so, it was a crowd igniter. It seems to fade off after that.

The ‘video’ strengthens the case that Sam would probably be jobless if it wasn’t for uncle Stephan. Throw Casa into that bracket as well.

Kiss MeShalot.

I love the feel and the arrangement of this song.
The words are throwaway but that's OK - the problem is that the chorus just doesn't have a very good melody.

I love this song and the lyrics. Morrissey overly infatuated and so in love that he’s begging for kisses is a nice moment and not many morrissey songs are so happy. I remember famous when dead commenting when the song first came out how he liked the way morrissey belted bastille then quietyly says mausoleum and I have to agree. I also like that the title makes me think of Hepburn and her I believe in kissing, kissing a lot and the story of her getting married in the back yard. It super fun to sing and maybe one of Morrisseys just out and out joyous songs. If that joy comes from his personal experience then good for him

Absolutely awful and the video is just as bad. Embarrassing on every level.

For me, it works better as part of the album than on its own.

It fits well on the album that offers a musically varied and more eclectic sound, and where the Mexican influences featured in several songs in the middle section. It also offers a welcome break from some of the heavier stuff that came before and will return thereafter.

I opted for the 2nd video that Bookish Boy posted to stay on the safe side, but the video posted by Smiler captures the song perfectly.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom