Morrissey A-Z: "I Like You"

I thought that Jerry Finn's approach was mainly trying to capture the strength of the band in a semi-live setting.

Was it? Because it doesn’t sound that way to me.
The 2 times he worked with Jerry Finn, several songs had already been on heavy rotation in live shows prior to recording. On this one, I feel he actually did a decent job capturing the positive energy from the song.

Finn’s ‘approach’ and production ?

Yes, I suppose some people could possibly like it.

:cool:

But my post was more on the point of .. what if a producer like Street or Ronson had their hands on it. I was just imagining what those songs could have sounded like. Unfortunately, what’s done is done.

Finn’s ‘approach’ and production ?

Yes, I suppose some people could possibly like it.

:cool:

But my post was more on the point of .. what if a producer like Street or Ronson had their hands on it. I was just imagining what those songs could have sounded like. Unfortunately, what’s done is done.

The actual 'live' sound they went for on Years Of Refusal works so much better than the synthetic sounding production on You Are The Quarry.

@Ketamine Sun, meant to ask you this yesterday but forgot in the midst of being a smartass. When's the last time you met Moz?

Last time (and for the last time, lol) I got on stage 2012. Last time I met, sat down and talked, it was, I believe 2005. So, it’s been a while.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom