Morrissey A-Z: "First of the Gang to Die, The"

It wasn’t that bad, Barry. I’ve seen worse. The numbers weren’t high but, we expected that. I posted the setlist ASAP and someone questioned the inclusion of Half a Person. The previous time I posted a setlist was Argentina a couple of years back. How times have changed.
Ps
Was round your way last week. I even put some money into the local economy via the Jet fuel station on James Street :postbox:🛻⛽
Janice....
oh so near...
But just to far apart...

"First of the Gang to Die" is the song Morrissey has performed most often on stage and my exhaustion with it is reflective of that. But it'll forever hold a place in my heart for what it represented to many of us in 2002: Morrissey had returned from his self-imposed exile with new material that was bright, catchy, funny and romantic. It was a very good time to be a Morrissey fan and I remember how exciting it was to check this site every day for news.

Strangely enough (but in classic Morrissey fashion, I guess), every tour has seen a progressively worse arrangement or rendition of this track. The highlight for me is still the original 2002 version.

"First of the Gang to Die" is the song Morrissey has performed most often on stage and my exhaustion with it is reflective of that. But it'll forever hold a place in my heart for what it represented to many of us in 2002: Morrissey had returned from his self-imposed exile with new material that was bright, catchy, funny and romantic. It was a very good time to be a Morrissey fan and I remember how exciting it was to check this site every day for news.

Strangely enough (but in classic Morrissey fashion, I guess), every tour has seen a progressively worse arrangement or rendition of this track. The highlight for me is still the original 2002 version.
I can remember his interview with the legendary Janice long when a few tracks from Quarry were played.... I recorded it on tape, and sat up to listen to it all ...
I’ve still got the tape (somewhere)
Ohhhh the anticipation of it all ..
It is annoying when he dilutes classic songs...

I can remember his interview with the legendary Janice long when a few tracks from Quarry were played.... I recorded it on tape, and sat up to listen to it all ...
I’ve still got the tape (somewhere)
Ohhhh the anticipation of it all ..
It is annoying when he dilutes classic songs...
I also had those somewhat lo-fi Janice Long versions on my iPod at the time. Listened non-stop. I believe it was First of the Gang to Die, Crashing Bores and I Like You.

I also had those somewhat lo-fi Janice Long versions on my iPod at the time. Listened non-stop. I believe it was First of the Gang to Die, Crashing Bores and I Like You.
They were both very ... giggly together if I recall... it seemed like a relaxed interview ...
Janice asked....
What car you driving now...
Moz... errr a J. A G ... embarrassed to say a jag...
Moz said he wants Elton Johns head on a platter , or such ???
He needs to retire as he has to much money!!!!
Happy daze

Just like the nuclear war with salmon and sturgeon !!!
Yous jocks eh... 😬
always on the verge of a victory and then yous tear yourselves apart...
Do you think she will loose her job??
I hope not as I think she has managed this crisis quite well , and if she had to go , then that could open the door for the Tory’s in Scotland... now that’s unthinkable?
Or is it ...
hope she gets punted oot the door.more like nicola stubborn,this is a person who once said her and her husband are bulletproof thats how arrogant she is,a hitler moustache wouldnt look out of place on her.scotland is a divided bigoted sectarian country.

Last edited:
Nice to read the praise for this song and all the fond memories surrounding it. A great song will always hold a special place in our hearts when it hits at the right moment or a specific time you'll always remember. This song certainly represents his triumphant return.

hope she gets punted oot the door.more like nicola stubborn,this is a person who once said her and her husband are bulletproof thats how arrogant she is,a hitler moustache wouldnt look out of place on her.scotland is a divided bigoted sectarian country.
For you gordy....

Attachments

• DE0A7C86-6D91-4344-8D94-EB950C45773A.jpeg
    DE0A7C86-6D91-4344-8D94-EB950C45773A.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 0

:rolleyes:
BGVelcro you are a recent troll created in 2019, you didnt check for anything in 2002 quit lying FFS:blushing:

You're not allowed to have an account. You post every day following people around the board harassing them. You contribute nothing ever. And you're stupid enough to call someone a troll?

:rolleyes:
Firts Creepy Radish and now BGVelcro:mad:
Fake C quit siding up the all the trolls FFS.:blushing:

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom