Morrissey a National Treasure? - Argumental (UKTV Dave)

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2009 (read-only)' started by Erik, Dec 29, 2009.

1. The feeling would be mutual, if you existed.

2. underthefloorboards

underthefloorboards Bailiff's Gimp

Thank goodness I'm a figment of your imagination.

3. It would indeed be unfortunate for you if the foul person I imagine actually existed.

4. underthefloorboards

underthefloorboards Bailiff's Gimp

Stop being so sly, you know exactly who I am.

5. Look at Morrissey on my 'Avitar,' half-smirking and looking upwards; a cross between Alibaba and a gay pimp.

6. cossy

cossy irish blood dublin heart

Sean Hughes was a massive Moz/Smiths fan. In the early 90's he had his own sit-com which had numerous Moz references in every episode. He was the eqivalant of Russell Brand today. He interviewed Mozzer for GLR radio in 1999 during the "wilderness years". He is a stict vegetarian which he thanks Moz for. People used to turn up to Sean Hughes comedy shows in Moz t shirts. He was a great stand up. I saw him play Dublin recently however and he is not as good as he was. Perhaps his love affair with Moz is off as well as he made a few mentions about the new album being crap.

Thanks for the clip.

7. goinghome

goinghome Guest

Hughes was obviously under pressure to come up with material quickly, but seemed lukewarm and wavering in his support.

Thanks for the background info, cossy. :)

8. Kewpie

Kewpie Member Moderator Subscriber

I thought British / Irish fans over 30 knew that Sean Hughes is a fellow Smiths / Morrissey fan.

9. goinghome

goinghome Guest

I have to hand it to you, Kewpie, you come out with some astounding flabbergasters. Just jaw-dropping :eek:!!

Everybody has gaps in their knowledge but, with a receptive mind and communication with obliging others, it is relatively easy to repair these as and when required. It is harder for learning to take place in the case of blindspots in attitude or behaviour. Yes, your job here is often thankless - thank you anyway - but I don't think you want to encourage a regression to the scenario of a few years ago, akin to a writhing mass of hell-beasts whose only release from torment was to inflict pain on the nearest sentient being.

All the best for 2010. :guitar:

10. mywar

mywar practicing troublemaker

Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/jonnywrecked
    For those who haven't seen them, here are pics of Mr. Hughes from the 'Peepholism' book. Quality could be better, but I couldn't be arsed to do more than an iPhone shot. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  11. goinghome

goinghome Guest

Thanks, mywar. :)

12. cossy

13. cossy

Said it better than I ever could. Have a great 2010 GH. Hope to see you soon

cossy;)

The radio interview I refered to in 1999 with Sean and Moz is available to download here

Its a great listen
    http://rapidshare.com/files/173293805/Morrissey_-_Sean_Hughes_interview_15_11_99.rar

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  14. goinghome

goinghome Guest

Cheers cossy, that seems very interesting, will listen later.

Have a great evening and great year: slán go fóill agus beannacht!
    :thumb: