Morrissey a Hare Krishna?

Bhagavad Gitaff the Stage

that. is. amazing! haha

:lbf: he doesn't do as much sankirtan as he used to do when he first became a brahmacari. He was really fanatic at first but he has really cooled down nowadays. He's getting married soon. Who is your siksa guru? I'm interested in which gurus that are popular :lbf: A guru that means a lot to me is Sacinandana Maharaj, he's so amazing!

:lbf: he doesn't do as much sankirtan as he used to do when he first became a brahmacari. He was really fanatic at first but he has really cooled down nowadays. He's getting married soon. Who is your siksa guru? I'm interested in which gurus that are popular :lbf: A guru that means a lot to me is Sacinandana Maharaj, he's so amazing!

Is that the one you went to India with?

Is that the one you went to India with?

I went to India with my boyfriend, and he decided to become a brahmacari when we were in India (yes, I got dumped). I actually met Sacinandana Maharaj in India, he's originally from Germany but he was in India then.

When I was a kiddie my Father taught me to sing the Hare Krisna chant popular back then. Real Hippy. :)

Mother was not pleased. :D

I chatted with a devotee years back who was leafleting outside a MuckDonalds. One of my first contact with Vegetarianism.

I'm reeling in shock at this turn of events.
I'll put a plug in for Swami Tripurari - www.swami.org

(I'm waiting for Flax to arrive and roll his eyes at us)

Jay! Tripurari Maharaj! I have 2 friends who are disciples of him, he goes to Finland every summer, he has disciples who live on some island outside Turku I think. I've heard wonderful things about Tripurari Maharaj. He seems to be doing his own thing. I have a picture of Tripurari maharaj giving a lecture together with my ex-boyfriends guru, let me see if I can find it...

Jay! Tripurari Maharaj! I have 2 friends who are disciples of him, he goes to Finland every summer, he has disciples who live on some island outside Turku I think. I've heard wonderful things about Tripurari Maharaj. He seems to be doing his own thing. I have a picture of Tripurari maharaj giving a lecture together with my ex-boyfriends guru, let me see if I can find it...

Yeah, oddly he's got a huge following in Finland. Or maybe the Finns just have good taste! He's doing his own thing because....aargh, let's not get into ISKCON politics.
He is very cool, very sincere.

Yeah, oddly he's got a huge following in Finland. Or maybe the Finns just have good taste! He's doing his own thing because....aargh, let's not get into ISKCON politics.
He is very cool, very sincere.

No, let's not get into ISKCON politics. My ex-boyfriend is not a member of ISKCON anymore, he was forced to leave rather soon (which was his own fault, he did some really nasty stuff). But he is really negative to ISKCON and I used to be too, but nowadays I really like ISKCON. Are you initiated?

No, let's not get into ISKCON politics. My ex-boyfriend is not a member of ISKCON anymore, he was forced to leave rather soon (which was his own fault, he did some really nasty stuff). But he is really negative to ISKCON and I used to be too, but nowadays I really like ISKCON. Are you initiated?

Nope, and I highly doubt that would ever happen. Morrissey gets in the way too much.

Next tour his opener will be the Dahl and the Kicks.

Nope, and I highly doubt that would ever happen. Morrissey gets in the way too much.

:lbf: Know the feeling! When my boyfriend first became interested in it I was also a bit interested, but he became fanatic allready from the begining which really scared me of. If he had taken it slow, it's possible I would have become a devotee to, but I couldn't give everything up like he did. So I backed of.

Next tour his opener will be the Dahl and the Kicks.

youre on a roll!!!
:)

Dhanurdhara Swami

Sacinandana swami is awesome! my home temple has been 26 2nd ave and the brooklyn temple so i got to meet alot of the old skool orig gurus.

as for iskcon and any other gaudiya vaisnava school, i try not to get wrapped up in all the politics. i do tend to go to mostly iskcon temples but thats about as far as i go.

i hear you on people coming into it and just becoming fanatics. it can be VERY scary and a turn off. and alot of times the same people burn out and you never see them again.
bummer that he dumped you while in india. the holy dham is a VERY heavy, intense, spiritual place. i cant wait to go back!!!

where did you go while you were over there?

youre on a roll!!!

Dhanurdhara Swami

Sacinandana swami is awesome! my home temple has been 26 2nd ave and the brooklyn temple so i got to meet alot of the old skool orig gurus.

as for iskcon and any other gaudiya vaisnava school, i try not to get wrapped up in all the politics. i do tend to go to mostly iskcon temples but thats about as far as i go.

i hear you on people coming into it and just becoming fanatics. it can be VERY scary and a turn off. and alot of times the same people burn out and you never see them again.
bummer that he dumped you while in india. the holy dham is a VERY heavy, intense, spiritual place. i cant wait to go back!!!

I've got a couple of his books! Swami Tripurari speaks pretty highly of him and I'm pretty sure that Dhanudhara Maharaja came out to Audarya for a retreat a few years ago. That makes us practically god-cousins.

youre on a roll!!!

Dhanurdhara Swami

It was some years ago. He did something really shitty to me. We spent two weeks in Vrindavan, and that's when he decided to become a brahmacari and he decided to stay there. I had to go home, I was 18, alone on the other side of the earth and really, really sick.
The ones who get most fanatic are the ones who leave quick mostly. I've never been to Vrindavan after that and I don't think I'll go back, I was really sick during our stay there so I don't really have any positive memories of it unfortunately.

It was some years ago. He did something really shitty to me. We spent two weeks in Vrindavan, and that's when he decided to become a brahmacari and he decided to stay there. I had to go home, I was 18, alone on the other side of the earth and really, really sick.
The ones who get most fanatic are the ones who leave quick mostly. I've never been to Vrindavan after that and I don't think I'll go back, I was really sick during our stay there so I don't really have any positive memories of it unfortunately.

man that sounds like a dreadful situation you were in.
Sri Vrindavan will do that. i know this might sound crazy but if youre not focused on krishna and going with the flow there, and getting caught up in material things then you will get sick. its sorta a cleansing process.
im sure you may go back there one day... look at us, on a moz message board and we are talking about Krishna and Vrindavan. he has a weird way of connecting people and make you remember him.

as for Vrindavan itself. it has changed ALOT since you were there. we might have to have a moz/krishna pilgrimage. fly to india and then on the way back to the states we stop in manchester, our other mecca or holy dham. ;)

Nah, the food the Hare Krishnas make is too delicious.
When they stop making delicious food, then I'll roll my eyes.

"like"

Tags
airports can't be has that quiff mozzykrishna
Back
Top Bottom