Morrissey a Hare Krishna?

xfranklyx

no hope no harm
sooooooooo........

with the mention of Russell Brand maybe being a Hare Krishna in another thread. I thought I would finally throw my two cents in, cause this has been something on my mind since YOR came out.

here is the link that was posted in the other thread and my response to it:
Did you know that Russell has some connection with the Hare Krishna movement? I had assumed that was a factor in his wanting to get married in India.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/omsweetom...e-hindu-on-russell-brands-sanskrit-brand.html

I think Russell Brand appreciates the philosophy and feels a connection with it more then actually practices it. With that said....
I don't think russell brand is getting married in india because he is a Hare Krishna, i can almost guarantee it. India is just a super beautiful place and probably cheaper to get married at than London or basically anywhere haha.
In that link he mentions Radhanath Swami, if anyone has the chance to check listen to the Guru speak or see one of his books then please check it out.

----------------

OK. so did you know that Chrissie Hynde is also a Hare Krishna!?!?

thats at least two people that are close to moz that are into the Vaisnava philosphy(Hare Krishna movement)

now check this out...

ever since i saw the artwork for YOR i always wondered if morrissey was wearing one of the fancier Tulasi necklaces which is basically our version of the christian crucifix or cross.
check out the pictures.
on moz:
yorcover.jpg

(sorry the picture is so small)
and here is Tulasi necklace:
tulasi.jpg

they look VERY similar and i always wondered if it was and if so, where he got it from

a little fun fact....
im a Hare Krishna and wondered moz's feelings on this subject. so this past tour i passed moz a letter and i asked him what he thought of Hare Krishna's since his friend Chrissie Hynde is one. i'm still waiting for a response. the next tour im going to try and give him a Bhagavad Gita
maybe he will tell me he already has one. :)

If it wasn't for the fact that he can't seem to scrub the Catholic out of him.
It would explain all those years of celibacy and the aversion to garlic and onions.
His growing fondness for Corona makes it less likely.

And I didn't know that about Chrissie Hynde.

Mmm, actually no. The Tulasi plant is a tree, a form of basilica.

tulasi6.jpg

Mother Tulasi is considered holy and is used in cooking, for making roasries and for making the typical "Hare Krishna necklace" that can look in many different ways, but it generally looks something like this:

66_m.JPG

You can always tell that they are made out of wood, and I'm not sure that the one Morrissey is wearing in the picture is made out of wood and even if it is it's probably not made of Tulasi. :thumb:

Actually, you can't tell they are always made out of wood unless you look pretty closely. Sometimes they are stained or set in silver (as above) - not that I think it's a good idea, seems a bit disrespectful to me (but that's a different thread on a different board.) Haven't gotten over to the hi-res version of the pic to look more closely.

Actually, you can't tell they are always made out of wood unless you look pretty closely. Sometimes they are stained or set in silver (as above) - not that I think it's a good idea, seems a bit disrespectful to me (but that's a different thread on a different board.) Haven't gotten over to the hi-res version of the pic to look more closely.

In most of the "real" tulasi necklaces you can tell, especially the ones that are worn by initiated devotees. However, if it is a real Tulasi necklace it would mean that Morrissey is not initiated since all the initiated devotees wear a nacklace with three rows.....I wonder what Morrissey's name would be? My guess:
Madhai-Jivana Das Brahmacari!

In most of the "real" tulasi necklaces you can tell, especially the ones that are worn by initiated devotees. However, if it is a real Tulasi necklace it would mean that Morrissey is not initiated since all the initiated devotees wear a nacklace with three rows.....I wonder what Morrissey's name would be? My guess:
Madhai-Jivana Das Brahmacari!

Will Never Hare

Oh, I'd think there'd have to be Madhu in there somewhere. How about Madhusvara? (for those playing along at home: madhu - sweet, nectar; svara - voice. Don't trust my translation though.)

Last edited:
Mmm, actually no. The Tulasi plant is a tree, a form of basilica.

You can always tell that they are made out of wood, and I'm not sure that the one Morrissey is wearing in the picture is made out of wood and even if it is it's probably not made of Tulasi. :thumb:

wow!
are there 3 devotees on solo? Haribol!

jackie london-

the Tulasi neck beads i was referring to are the ones with Tulasi and the silver beads or balls, hence me saying "the fancier ones" ive seen the women or mataji's ;) wearing them more then men. im more the traditional, small, 2 strand type of guy with my Nrsimha kavaca on a separate thread.

i dont even know what i do if i saw moz wearing 3 strand Tulasi neck beads that he got at Radha Kunda during his barefoot Govardhan Hill parikrama. and when he took of his shirt to throw to the crowd he had his Brahmin thread! haha

Jaya!

Question: I can be in a crowd of 75,000 wall to wall people, and Hare Krishna's always approach me! Not any of the other people I am with, or those around me. Only me. Why is this?

Question: I can be in a crowd of 75,000 wall to wall people, and Hare Krishna's always approach me! Not any of the other people I am with, or those around me. Only me. Why is this?

maybe you look approachable? :)
maybe they know you have good taste in music ;)

wow!
are there 3 devotees on solo? Haribol!

jackie london-

the Tulasi neck beads i was referring to are the ones with Tulasi and the silver beads or balls, hence me saying "the fancier ones" ive seen the women or mataji's ;) wearing them more then men. im more the traditional, small, 2 strand type of guy with my Nrsimha kavaca on a separate thread.

i dont even know what i do if i saw moz wearing 3 strand Tulasi neck beads that he got at Radha Kunda during his barefoot Govardhan Hill parikrama. and when he took of his shirt to throw to the crowd he had his Brahmin thread! haha

Jaya!

Jaya haribolo prabhu!

No, I'm actually not a devotee. Who are you a disciple of?

My ex-boyfriend is a brahmacari, and he said that when he's doing sankirtan he sometimes tries to see who would look good in tilaka and then he approach that person :lbf:

My ex-boyfriend is a brahmacari, and he said that when he's doing sankirtan he sometimes tries to see who would look good in tilaka and then he approach that person :lbf:

Hmmmm, I don't even know what those words mean, but okay. I am assuming tilaka is the robe thing? It just happened to me a few weeks ago again, and I was just wondering why they seem to enjoy approaching me? The first time it ever happened was in 1993 outside of a giant NYE rave where they were trying to hook me up the the good book, so it wasn't too odd, but then it just kept happening everywhere. I don't mind though....as long as the fundi-Christians don't approach me.:angry:

Jaya haribolo prabhu!

No, I'm actually not a devotee. Who are you a disciple of?

HB! mataji! PAMHO :)

im not initiated(and prob never will be) but i do go/lived in iskcon temples and asrama and follow Prabhupada and the Gaudiya Vaishnava teachings.
i do have a siksha guru but im not his formal disciple or anything.

Hmmm, maybe...:cool:

i know i used to go up to kids or people my age or that seemed like we were into the same thing.

Hmmmm, I don't even know what those words mean, but okay. I am assuming tilaka is the robe thing? It just happened to me a few weeks ago again, and I was just wondering why they seem to enjoy approaching me? The first time it ever happened was in 1993 outside of a giant NYE rave where they were trying to hook me up the the good book, so it wasn't too odd, but then it just kept happening everywhere. I don't mind though....as long as the fundi-Christians don't approach me.:angry:

No, tilak (or tilaka) is the mark in the forhead

tilak4.jpg

It's made with clay from a holy river.

that. is. amazing! haha

Tags
airports can't be has that quiff mozzykrishna
Back
Top Bottom