Morrissey a Chivas fan?

Yeah... that's the funny thing. It's two countries. US and Canada- we have 29 teams and they have one, per the MLB website. So not so much a "World Series" as a "Semi-Continental Series."

The Boston Celtics are a basketball team. We also have the Notre Dame Fighting Irish if you like college action. But honestly you can't get more Irish than the Chicago White Sox or the Cubs. Chicago is supposedly the most Irish city in the world outside of Dublin. Also the most Polish city in the world outside Warsaw.

A lot of the Americas I met during the world cup in Germany knew a lot about football. There must be people in America playing it and watching it. The national team aren't that bad considering.

College action sounds great.

PS I'm Scottish.

The Boston Celtics are a basketball team. We also have the Notre Dame Fighting Irish if you like college action. But honestly you can't get more Irish than the Chicago White Sox or the Cubs. Chicago is supposedly the most Irish city in the world outside of Dublin. Also the most Polish city in the world outside Warsaw.

Just remember, Morrissey the 23rd, though, that the Boston Celtics are "Seltics," not "Keltics." That may dampen your loyalties. And PFTLT, the White Sox are more Polish than Irish (excepting Da Mare and his family, of course). Bridgeport/Stockyards are like a little Warsaw. I went to school at IIT, in the shadow of Comiskey Park, and wasted many pleasurable afternoons driving around the south side.

Now Notre Dame--that's crazy Irish. Why don't the Irish complain about the racist caricaturization the way American Indians complain about the Redskins or Braves?

Img11.gif

I grew up in a town that was half Irish, half Czech/Slovak--we had a St. Joseph's Day parade the day after St. Paddy's Day, and everyone wore red. I always felt left out because I'm neither Irish nor Czech. Sorry for veering off-topic.

A lot of the Americas I met during the world cup in Germany knew a lot about football. There must be people in America playing it and watching it. The national team aren't that bad considering.

Everyone plays soccer at school from pre-school until high school (ages 14-18). Then it's left to the hard-core players and fans. My father-in-law is a huge, huge fan of soccer. His license plate is "FUTBO1" (sic), which is embarassingly like "SK8R BOI" for my tastes.

Cant they leave the man alone he prolly was just relaxing and mixing with americans let the man have a life

Will somebody answer the man? What is the deal? I know nothing of American ahem, soccer.

What?

you dont know the famous Ernie Stewart, played for the National USA team,
and played proffesional soccer in the Netherlands,
Only clubs in my province , which is in the south, Brabant...
He played by NAC, Willem II, VVV Venlo
I believe he's now manager of one of those 3 clubs, not coaching, but behind the desk

What is wrong with Morrissey liking soccer? I'm a little upset that he is wearing some silly US soccer shirt instead of the Man City strip.... But i'll forgive him :p

What is wrong with Morrissey liking soccer? I'm a little upset that he is wearing some silly US soccer shirt instead of the Man City strip.... But i'll forgive him :p

I understood that he has been know to watch the other team from Manchester in his younger days.....The only bad thing about him!

I think he likes this idea of working class sports like football (Before TV got involved!!!) and Boxing. -Obviosuly inspiration for some of his songs.

Just seen the photos on the main site.

Wonder if Beckham knew a) who he was b) he was there c) asked him to do a duet with his missus.

http://bulbo.tv/?s=6&id=2700&ref=1

someone takes pics there

he looks very relaxed...
the guy with the blonde dyed hair with the priest outfit... who offer some comfort to one player--(hug him)
love that pic..he must be in the team that lost eh?

Last edited:
I was just about to post that someone on the main page posted a link to these pics. Morrissey looks very casual and cool! Naysayers begone.

I like the brown jacket -- anybody hazard a guess as to what brand it is?

http://bulbo.tv/?s=6&id=2700&ref=1

someone takes pics there

he looks very relaxed...
the guy with the blonde dyed hair with the priest outfit... who offer some comfort to one player--(hug him)
love that pic..he must be in the team that lost eh?

I do believe that shot of Morrissey with the t-shirt hanging out of his backside must go in the Unflattering Pictures Thread immediately!

Yes, what the hell did he have in mind?:D
morrisycrew.jpg

This thread should be about why that priest is drinking a beer. Is that kosher, so to speak?
sacerdotesonrie.jpg

Priests are allowed to drink, that's not against the rules. Can't say the same for peroxided hair and goatees though -- surely he's not a real priest?!

So the scuttlebutt is that Mozza is friends with an English boy on the Chivas team named John Cunliffe? He's a cutie pie, but according to the team bio he's one o' them awful carnivores! He lists his fave food as "spaghetti with meat sauce": http://chivas.usa.mlsnet.com/player...unliffe_j&playerId=cun369477&statType=current

Now Notre Dame--that's crazy Irish. Why don't the Irish complain about the racist caricaturization the way American Indians complain about the Redskins or Braves?

Because we're not an oppressed minority, we don't live on reservations or as a group suffer from widespread, systemic poverty and other ills. Irish folk, for the most part, have done pretty well in the U.S. so we can laugh at ourselves, and aren't bothered (generally speaking) by the unflattering stereotypes. Look at a band like the Dropkick Murphys -- they actually revel in the drunken, brawling mick image -- and they're far from unique in that respect!

I know, he was born in 1984, isn't that appalling?

Back
Top Bottom