Morrissey #5, #9 in the "Official UK Biggest Selling Vinyl Singles of the Decade (so far)" - TTY

UPDATE Apr. 13:

Detritus posted:

For anyone questioning the legitimacy of this list, here it is from Official Charts:

The Official Top 40 Biggest Vinyl Singles and Albums of the decade so far

Moz is also at #22 for Satellite of Love.

Morrissey singles UK - true-to-you.net
10 April 2015

Morrissey appears twice in the official list of UK Top Selling Vinyl Singles of the Decade so far.

official_biggest_selling_vinyl_singles_of_the_decade_so_far.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
liam gallagher walks like a Penguin who just joined a gang

although i do like oasis. First gig i ever tried to sneek into was a oasis gig, it was their last gig too

Re: Morrissey Singles UK - TTY

Last edited by a moderator:

If Morrissey had got his arse in gear for Record Store Day 2015 and delivered a retro-release of KMAL as a 7" vinyl it might have helped give it legs. Great song destroyed by lazy marketing and atrocious video FAIL! If he does get a new deal and a chance to re-issue/re-package WPINOYB, will he learn any lessons from these debacles? Don't hold your breath.

I assume he's in nostalgia mode and just ignoring the iTunes sales figures. If he just pretends it's still the heyday of physical product the world will conform to his fantasies. Yeah, right. Good luck with that one.

best
BB

BB on the first page again. Just keep hammering that F5 key all day long buddy.

guys, the list is totally bogus.

The most important singer the all world....... DAVID BOWIE.

Exactly. Sometimes he's a pain in the arse, I know. But I like him.
He's got a talent. Liam is not as good as his big brother.

Just compare BE's albums to NG's and you'll see how wonderful NG is;

agreed. i was guessing the list was from 2010 to 2015 with the so far bit

it is somewhat interesting to see what this market is buying because its growing very very quickly. be curious to see if it stays a novelty

agreed. i was guessing the list was from 2010 to 2015 with the so far bit

Yes, it's. The Bowie's Life on Mars is a picdisc released in 2013-14, I own one copy of it and it's nothing more than a way to catch our money.

Last edited:

Yes, it's. The Bowie's Life on Mars is a picdisc released in 2013-14, I own one copy of it and it's nothing more than a way to catch our money.

well im guilty of that myself as my closet and storage space would attest.

The following article makes Morrissey's failure to release physical singles even more baffling. He could have his first UK #1 if he stopped trolling feminism with KMAL and actually did it justice with a good video and 7" release. Who cares about digital music files? They're just promo. Back to the future! People will always want to adorn their houses with Art. Vinyl singles are Art. Digital music files are....nothing.

If he's going to re-promote WPINOYB then he can get a vinyl master cut 7" with retro-nouveau sleeve and 7" onto the shelves. If people will pay £10 for a stencil, they'll surely pay £10 for a limited edition of 'KMAL' with b-sides. Most of the people listening on Spotify are just clueless consumers. They might provide a revenue stream for gigs but are now irrelevant to recorded music. f*** CD singles as well. Back to vinyl for the purists and the true hard-core patrons in the audience. Ignore the temporary 'fans' other than for flogging arena tickets. Etc.

best
BB

[h=1] Vinyl records get into groove with own charts
[/h]Rock-led record-buying revival leads Official Chart Company to begin top 40 singles and albums countdowns from Monday

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/13/vinyl-records-official-chart-company

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom