Morrissey : 25 Live

fredkocherpepsi

So I finally got this on Blu Ray in the mail the other day because I couldn’t stand not having the extra features (only had the iTunes version) and wanted to see how nice it looked as a Blu Ray. Well worth it. My wife put it on the player tonight and we all stayed up and watched it, though eventually the 4 year old got annoyed and went to sleep.

Anyhow, I had a question:

I saw the “Behind the scenes” part and saw a quick glance at the setlist and noticed “First of the Gang To Die” on it towards the end, but it wasn’t played. Or at least wasn’t in the DVD and doesn’t appear on any set lists I’ve seen online. Was it actually played and just not recorded? Just curious!

Hi, I advise you to look up "wiki" on top right or passionsjustlikemine.com.

I'm logging from iPhone right now, unable to put a hyperlink.
Most of live related info (DVDs) is found from wiki section.

Hi, I advise you to look up "wiki" on top right or passionsjustlikemine.com.

I'm logging from iPhone right now, unable to put a hyperlink.
Most of live related info (DVDs) is found from wiki section.

I did that prior to posting :) I didn’t see it on there but just thought it was odd that it was on the paper setlist that was shown for a split second in the bonus features...thought maybe somehow there was a story behind it or something.

So I finally got this on Blu Ray in the mail the other day because I couldn’t stand not having the extra features (only had the iTunes version) and wanted to see how nice it looked as a Blu Ray. Well worth it. My wife put it on the player tonight and we all stayed up and watched it, though eventually the 4 year old got annoyed and went to sleep.

Anyhow, I had a question:

I saw the “Behind the scenes” part and saw a quick glance at the setlist and noticed “First of the Gang To Die” on it towards the end, but it wasn’t played. Or at least wasn’t in the DVD and doesn’t appear on any set lists I’ve seen online. Was it actually played and just not recorded? Just curious!

It was a setlist for the show at the STAPLES Center the previous night...

I have a question about the japan dvd release : it does contain a Special Feature / Bonus Track: studio session footage collection "The Kid's A Looker," "Scandinavia," "People are the Same Everywhere," "Action Is My Middle Name," backstage footage of concert (digest), interview, trailer, photo gallery.

Is it worth owing it ? I mean these studio sessions cannot be found anywhere else?

Many Thanks

Cheers Moz

I have a question about the japan dvd release : it does contain a Special Feature / Bonus Track: studio session footage collection "The Kid's A Looker," "Scandinavia," "People are the Same Everywhere," "Action Is My Middle Name," backstage footage of concert (digest), interview, trailer, photo gallery.

Is it worth owing it ? I mean these studio sessions cannot be found anywhere else?

Many Thanks

Cheers Moz

I think it's worth it, for those studio sessions. That's why I bought the Blu Ray, at least. I bought it on iTunes semi recently after viewing on Youtube, but the extras (as far as I know) aren't on there. I think those three "unreleased" studio songs get a lot of uneccessary flack...I like them. Hope that helps!

Thank you !

Cheers Moz

Morrissey 25 Live is on Sky Arts on Saturday night at 10.50 for anyone who hasn't seen it. Was going to post on main site then I saw this discussion, its on Sunday night also !

I think it's worth it, for those studio sessions. That's why I bought the Blu Ray, at least. I bought it on iTunes semi recently after viewing on Youtube, but the extras (as far as I know) aren't on there. I think those three "unreleased" studio songs get a lot of uneccessary flack...I like them. Hope that helps!

Alright, I guess I'm going to finally have to break down and buy a Blu-Ray player, if only for this and for the Twin Peaks box set (!!!!). Sigh. I'm still using the same DVD player I bought in 1997...

Back
Top Bottom