"Morrissey 25 Live" site is live

My exact thoughts.

Ditto! Underwhelming to say the least.
That said, the official merchandise site has cobwebs on it and no goods.
Doesn't bode well in context of all going on at the moment.
If it is Moz driving this reluctance to engage with modern ways of selling/interacting with 'customers', I guess we are doomed as a fan base to what ever scraps he throws at us, but I can't help feel if he engaged with people more (like a much better site to advertise his new dvd) things wouldn't be so bleak.
Just for the record, I'm a hugely devoted fan and I tend not to involve myself with the overly acidic humour and unnecessary bashing of Moz, but as some have put it (much better than I) - people are feeling disenfranchised and as a person chasing and meeting him since '83 - I never thought I'd feel like that.
A new dvd used to be exciting, but as this new site shows - not much effort doesn't help enthusiasm.
Regards,
FWD

Not a huge priority for him at the moment.

Who gives a crap! Morrissey is sick and needs to get well. Thats all that matters at this time. We should be sending him positive thoughts, not bagging on every aspect of him.

Making an observation about how he markets things and engages with the people keeping him in private cars for the last 25 years doesn't proclude me from having empathy, concern or good wishes for him.
The topic was the new site to advertise a product he is linked to.
The site is not good and part of a bigger picture that is alienating people.
I've followed him, literally for many years and hate the idea that this year is just a series of awfully timed events, but he has been his own worst enemy at times.
I believe it is the Americans that treasure what they believe to be free speech, well my comment was just that.
Viva Moz,
Regards, FWD

The site is nothing great. Its low on content and the design is unimpressive. Not a dig at Moz, he didn't design it...just too bad they didn't do more with it.

I am very much looking forward to this release! I plan to see it in the theater and buy it as well.

The site is nothing great. Its low on content and the design is unimpressive. Not a dig at Moz, he didn't design it...just too bad they didn't do more with it.

I am very much looking forward to this release! I plan to see it in the theater and buy it as well.

I most certainly will do both when the opportunity arises.
The part of me that wrestles with things like this is simply put by:
Moz has been one of the most hands-on artists in terms of marketing ever - font size, colour, pictures used etc etc
Not only in the Smiths but throughout his solo career.
So when something obviously poor appears - like the aforementioned site, I find it hard to believe he puts his name to things like that when he clearly has controlled things so well in the past.
So is he not in control now or is he happy with how he's being represented?
Why the disparity when compared to most of the rest of his 'products'.
But yes, I will buy it!
Regards,
FWD

Why did Morrissey do Smiths songs for a live DVD which celebrates his solo career? Surely he could have done a pure solo set just this once? Minor gripe, but oh well.

Another Morrissey website where you can sign up for nonexistent email updates...like all the other Morrissey websites.

The film starts with clueless twats telling us why they love Morrissey. Oh great. I'll look forward to that so. I hope that part runs for 90 minutes at least, with an auto repeat and karaoke and extra loud for the hard of hearing, with an option to download an avi of the senseless squeakings.

The film starts with clueless twats telling us why they love Morrissey. Oh great. I'll look forward to that so. I hope that part runs for 90 minutes at least, with an auto repeat and karaoke and extra loud for the hard of hearing, with an option to download an avi of the senseless squeakings.

Jealous because you weren't there?

Play one or two gigs for recording and then cancel complete tours twice.

Agreed.

um wtf is up with that logo on the site? the edges are horrible. can we get a photosopper to fix this asap. such crap. looks like a geocities site.

also, no where does it say that hotdogs will be banned from the theater during this release.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom