"Morrissey 25: Live" (Official Trailer)

I, too, hope it does well there.
My realistic side, however, feels it will come and go with a whisper.
My general view of things like this has become more cynical with time.
I first noticed the decline in interest of Moz stuff in the UK when all the 'recent' singles were easy to buy in record shops.
That includes semi-naked ltd 7"s!
I asked the manager of HMV (in England's second biggest city) how many units they bought in of Moz singles and was amazed to hear between 5 and 10 - which 'catered for demand'!
I fear that besides die hards and group efforts to fill a cinema, there won't be too much fuss made over this release.
It does feel a bit like an apology for skipped gigs.
The dvd will sell a few thousand, but do little for the greater good.
The leaked Hollywood Bowl seemed a better gig to put out too. At least the QID was an interesting way to open the gig.
Perhaps its a bigger thing going on here? With the negativity that creeps in here at times, anon 'bitching' et al - if the fan base can't get on it's not surprising interest has waned (coupled with the lack of new music helping to catalyse it).
Given I've chased the Smiths about since 14yrs old, hung outside recording studios, chased Moz etc in the way you do when you are captivated by your musical heroes, I can honestly say things just don't feel the same any more.
Is this my age or perhaps just a fair observation of someone no longer at their zenith?
Time will tell. I will go see the film if it gets a UK release and certainly own it, but I just can't find that excitement at the thought of a new release right now (an album? Well now you're talking!).
Kind regards,
FWD

At this point I think it would take an album of Vauxhall & I's stature to get me back on the Morrissey train, and even then I would continue to wince at his statements.

I'm not sure even he cares much anymore. Look at the care he used to put into the Smiths releases and the stuff he thinks passes muster now. Holding a baby by the bollocks? Rick Astley? Really?

Yes, that doesn't surprise me at all, Mozza220559, because there's always a group of halfwits on here who can play guitar better, write better arrangements, sing better, put a better band together, schedule a tour better, write better songs, make better videos.... yet, oddly, they don't; they just sit in front of their keyboard complaining and never actually ACHIEVE anything. And the rest of us are pretty tired of that half-assed input.

I never criticized the musical arrangement or the singing, or even the f***ing tour did I? I'm saying the trailer is poor and doesn't do a 25 year career in music any justice. You thick anonymous turd.

Yes, that doesn't surprise me at all, Mozza220559, because there's always a group of halfwits on here who can play guitar better, write better arrangements, sing better, put a better band together, schedule a tour better, write better songs, make better videos.... yet, oddly, they don't; they just sit in front of their keyboard complaining and never actually ACHIEVE anything. And the rest of us are pretty tired of that half-assed input.

She was talking about the trailer. :squiffy:

Had I beamed down from another planet and seen this clip, I'd guess the film was about a crowd watching a concert rather than said concert itself. That said, the lyrical snippets sounded terribly out of breath. Oh dear.

I hope the footage is put together better than this weak trailer.

- marred.

I never criticized the musical arrangement or the singing, or even the f***ing tour did I? I'm saying the trailer is poor and doesn't do a 25 year career in music any justice. You thick anonymous turd.

Well that nips that in the bud then eh ! ( I like your style Mozza220559 )

You know what ! I think I have had a run in with that poster in the past only this time she's not adding her name, (It sounds like her style).

Benny the Butcher

At this point I think it would take an album of Vauxhall & I's stature to get me back on the Morrissey train, and even then I would continue to wince at his statements.

I'm not sure even he cares much anymore. Look at the care he used to put into the Smiths releases and the stuff he thinks passes muster now. Holding a baby by the bollocks? Rick Astley? Really?

My fave traffic song and the persons sentiments match, regards, FWD

That said, the lyrical snippets sounded terribly out of breath. Oh dear.

I was pretty astounded by that too, but I suppose it was recorded around the time of his hospitalisation, so that might account for it. If not... Blimey.

Vocals sound shocking. How could he even approve this?

- marred.

Looking at the comments/reaction to this "25" dvd ! Its not looking good is it ? Lets be honest with ourselves apart from a handful of fans in the U S A this is going to un-noticed in the UK, the bloke must have a crossed wire in his cranium.

Hooky

- marred.

You get what you pay for in this world !

Looks like he's payed for this with buttons, if there is one thing in life I have learned its that some people are'nt always what they're cracked up to be and our Steven is good example. Absolute bobbins !

Hooky

I'll get myself ready to go to the screening in SF...and then just cancel at the last minute and go see a live show wherein the musical act is live and in person.

I spoke with a "moz-army superfan" at the Pomona show and he said the Hollywood show was absolute shite. So the trailer does not lie, after all. Too bad. Should have filmed the Pomona show instead.

Back
Top Bottom