Morrissey - 25: Live, Live at Hollywood High (2013)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
I bought the dvd and I thought it was absolutely great: the sound, the recording, everything, I don't know what some people are complaining about, it's well worth it.

Does anyone have his has a .zip file? I have a Mac and have tried to unpack the .rar file like 5 times using UnRarX and a few other and keep getting errors. No big deal if you don't just thought I'd ask. Sort of geeked to hear it. Thanks, just in case.

I bought the dvd and I thought it was absolutely great: the sound, the recording, everything, I don't know what some people are complaining about, it's well worth it.

Oh I completely agree, I have no idea why all the complaints. I'm not that impressed with the set-list, probably only 50% if truth be told, but nevertheless an excellent performance and production all round. Thankyou! :thumb:

I agree, I really liked the movie, I like the set list too.

The setlist was better on the first show of the tour:

Greenvale, NY - Jan. 9, 2013

Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Irish Blood, English Heart
Alma Matters
Still Ill
You're The One For Me, Fatty
You Have Killed Me
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Speedway
Action Is My Middle Name
I Know It's Over
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Maladjusted
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
Meat Is Murder
To Give (The Reason I Live)
November Spawned A Monster
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Let Me Kiss You
How Soon Is Now?

Now THAT set I would have loved to own on blu-ray.

Oh I completely agree, I have no idea why all the complaints. I'm not that impressed with the set-list, probably only 50% if truth be told, but nevertheless an excellent performance and production all round. Thankyou! :thumb:

I agree, I really liked the movie, I like the set list too.

I'm not the type to say something is good when I don't believe it is, but I'm at a loss to see where the negativity for this show comes from. I thought the DVD was quite sharp and the show and set generally enjoyable. Maladjusted and Speedway were worth the cost of the disk alone but add in Fatty, Still Ill, Paris, Action, plus the bonus in-studio footage and the pot sweetens. I was just as happy with this release as the others I've bought. The only thing I didn't like was the majority of those in the front row who just got on my tits. I don't enjoy "fans".

It really isn't.

LOL! I agree, the DVD can be DL on most torrent sites.
It's a Feckin' stinker. The Hollywood Bowl DVD is much much better.
For a start mozza isn't on form and looks and sounds way bad, not at his best by far.
Wasn't this gig when he was unwell? Apart from cash why would he want to do the gig let alone film it?
I enjoy moz gigs but I wouldn't have gone to it.
Then you have the silly fans who say the most ass cheese ever
He has done the whole fan base thing to death now and it makes him look so stupid. Passing the mic around to people makes it worse its embarrassing.

i have it, just message me and i will figure out how to get it to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have his has a .zip file? I have a Mac and have tried to unpack the .rar file like 5 times using UnRarX and a few other and keep getting errors. No big deal if you don't just thought I'd ask. Sort of geeked to hear it. Thanks, just in case.

'i do, just message me and we will figure out how to get it to you

You and Wolverhampton 88. God. Why don't you two just f*** already?

If I had a TARDIS...I would!

Tardis.gif

I know this is old news but I finally got around to seeing the movie.
Do you recall the bit where the band members introduce themselves saying ' ..and I play bass for Morrissey'?
What the hell is that all about? V. creepy. What with that and the identical t-shirts, they're like cult members.
Also, did not like his performance much at all. The gig is filled with his yelps, gutteral noises and funny voices.
Many songs are ruined.
The bonus bits with him in the studio are much better where he has to exercise a little discipline.
Favourite part was Speedway with the 'Sing me to Sleep' interval.

Last edited:
Also, did not like his performance much at all. The gig is filled with his yelps, gutteral noises and funny voices.
Many songs are ruined.

So true. I LOATHE those noises. Even at the end of "The Boy with a Thorn in his Side", which was a great version, he ruins it by yelling "I love You" 3-4 times in a a very strange, high-pitched voice. If he had just used his normal voice it would have been fine. I just don't understand why he does that, especially when the tape is rolling!

Yes, he has always used certain inflections in concert since the beginning of time, but I think it was somewhere around '06 or '07, these frog-like noises and squeals for no reason started to appear.

Strange, I love his weird noises! Better than Michael Jackson's hehes or c'mons

Strange, I love his weird noises! Better than Michael Jackson's hehes or c'mons
Maybe not so strange Davie.
I have noticed that a lot of Moz fans see him as a great live artist, kinda like The Who fans see them as essentially a great live act.
For myself I think his studio stuff is by far the best.
Although there are, ofcourse many great live performances on CD.
(I bet there's a thread somewhere, 'Best Live Yelp, Grunt or Silly Voice').

Back
Top Bottom