Morrissey - 25: Live, Live at Hollywood High (2013)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Thanks Viva. This will make me decide whether the DVD is worth getting :)

Apparently the video has been leaked (as they all do eventually)

This thread is the most desperate attempted comeback since Liz Phair's rap single.

Nice to hear...

Unlike this performance and band. Morrissey didn't really need to go into the crowd as they had nothing interesting to say other than "Love you Morrissey, you're a god Morrissey" and all that bollocks. Morrissey didn't need to sing Asleep within Speedway either. Either sing the song, or don't.

I still think Tobias out, Alain in. Tobias wrecks the sound, he always does. He can't play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I saw this thread earlier!

I stupidly bought the dvd. And you are correct Viva, it's.. utter shite. The camera angles...the fans..some band members *cough*
It is boring. ..Perhaps the “atmosphere” was lost in recording.

Don't know why Staples wasn't recorded instead. This release certainly won't be doing Morrissey any favours, imo.. Or James Russell, for the matter. I don't think I've watched a crappier gig.

That's my opinion anyways. Perhaps others will like it.

Thanks for the audio rip; I appreciate it, Viva!

..Wonder if I can exchange the dvd...

I'm now halfway through listening to this concert. I love the heavier rock sound of Tobias ( gasp ! ) which , really , isn't so terribly different to the BWD mix.

Also , always having been besotted by the song "Maladjusted" , the version featured here has the blunt force trauma the track always deserved ... just wondrous ....

Shit! PPL still buy DVD's? I bought the blu ray and actually loved the disc! But in the end both yours and mine opinions means Shit!

Thanks for this. I'm loving the quality of the rip. Hearing Boz's strumming in Maladjusted is brilliant. Having been enjoying the Port Chester boot for a while now, I think Moz was on better form in the lead up to this show. His voice in Port Chester was stronger. This said, PPPLMGWIW from Hollywood High gives me mole-hill sized goosebumps.

Thanks for this. I'm loving the quality of the rip. Hearing Boz's strumming in Maladjusted is brilliant. Having been enjoying the Port Chester boot for a while now, I think Moz was on better form in the lead up to this show. His voice in Port Chester was stronger. This said, PPPLMGWIW from Hollywood High gives me mole-hill sized goosebumps.

Thought you'd like the "Maladjusted" version featured on this one ! For myself , found the Port Chester recording attempt too bootleggy ...

Thought you'd like the "Maladjusted" version featured on this one ! For myself , found the Port Chester recording attempt too bootleggy ...

Listened to Maladjusted from 25 Live again last night. Boz is so good. Wish his guitar was a touch louder!

Listened to Maladjusted from 25 Live again last night. Boz is so good. Wish his guitar was a touch louder!

No, I'm afraid that's where we'll have to fight , fight , fight !

Or , rather, after so many years of being tormented with piss-weak versions of the track , all I can do is bow down and pay worship to this particular mix . Too strong ? Arguably ... but my god , now my heart is ... semi - contented ...

Wish I saw this thread earlier!

I stupidly bought the dvd. And you are correct Viva, it's.. utter shite. The camera angles...the fans..some band members *cough*
It is boring. ..Perhaps the “atmosphere” was lost in recording.

Don't know why Staples wasn't recorded instead. This release certainly won't be doing Morrissey any favours, imo.. Or James Russell, for the matter. I don't think I've watched a crappier gig.

That's my opinion anyways. Perhaps others will like it.

Thanks for the audio rip; I appreciate it, Viva!

..Wonder if I can exchange the dvd...

I totally AGREE with you!! The filming and the audience were very poor :-(

anyone have a link besides rapidshare? getting 3kb here on my 75mb link. ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom