Morrissey 1999 appearance featured in Coachella documentary

Clips of Morrrissey at the first Coachella festival in 1999 are featured in the recently released documentary "Coachella: 20 Years in the Desert" on YouTube, starting at 19:50:

Wow - I know it was only his thrid gig with the band, but even from this short clip you can hear that Spike's drums are all over the place, speeding up and slowing down a crazy amount during the same song. He doesn't seem to be able to stick to any kind of consistent beat at all.

Here is the full song, previously released several years back:

This was period where Morrissey was a movement in Southern California. Without a record contract, his shows were manic experiences. This was in full force at Coachella. Most people at Coachella were there for Morrissey. He was definitely a huge factor in the Festivals success and I am happy this Documentary gives him his due respect placing him as the first clip introducing the festival. While we may not like how Coachella has evolved, the founder has principals.

Man, I was at that concert - back when it was in August (i think). It was very hot! There were concerns that Morrissey would play because Alain was having back issues and was wearing a brace. There were also rumors that J. Marr would come out and play with him - obviously didn't happen.

Good times!

I intended to watch just the M bit but it was a very good documentary,janes addiction singer dancing in the scud is funny but also brilliant.

I reckon I remember that a rumor got up to Portland that the California Son wanted the Oregon Son to join him on stage to do a shitty smiths song. I reckon I remember seeing the Oregon Son there all excited, dressed like MC Hammer, trying to get close to the stage. The Oregon Son really wanted a piece of the California Son's apple pie. Reckon, boy was he wrong. I reckon I remember the California Son's goons being sent out to order the Oregon Son to leave. I loved it! arse m8 c*** tit northern base lives in hotels chipper curry inn nnnn n nnn nnn nnnnnnn it.

I reckon I remember that a rumor got up to Portland that the California Son wanted the Oregon Son to join him on stage to do a shitty smiths song. I reckon I remember seeing the Oregon Son there all excited, dressed like MC Hammer, trying to get close to the stage. The Oregon Son really wanted a piece of the California Son's apple pie. Reckon, boy was he wrong. I reckon I remember the California Son's goons being sent out to order the Oregon Son to leave. I loved it! arse m8 c*** tit northern base lives in hotels chipper curry inn nnnn n nnn nnn nnnnnnn it.
I think I speak for the majority when I wish, with polite sincerity, that you would go away. Of all the regular posters on here you are by far and away the most tedious, the least funny and the most relentlessly irritating. Please, please, please stop.

I think I speak for the majority when I wish, with polite sincerity, that you would go away. Of all the regular posters on here you are by far and away the most tedious, the least funny and the most relentlessly irritating. Please, please, please stop.

But...but...the repeated use of "reckon"!!!! The swearing at the end of every post!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, it's comedy gold so advanced that the rest of us lesser mortals simply can't grasp it.

But...but...the repeated use of "reckon"!!!! The swearing at the end of every post!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, it's comedy gold so advanced that the rest of us lesser mortals simply can't grasp it.

How's your novel coming along Bookish?

I agreed to write a monologue by next Thursday & so far I've selected a nice notebook.

Agreed! I reckon Aztec Camera is a total loser!

Wow - I know it was only his thrid gig with the band, but even from this short clip you can hear that Spike's drums are all over the place, speeding up and slowing down a crazy amount during the same song. He doesn't seem to be able to stick to any kind of consistent beat at all.

Here is the full song, previously released several years back:

I think the first song was Your Gonna Need Someone on your side and my first reaction was "who the f*** is this goon playing drums". They sounded terrible. I think it cleaned up with the mix eventually. Not a fan of Spike's drumming

This was period where Morrissey was a movement in Southern California. Without a record contract, his shows were manic experiences. This was in full force at Coachella. Most people at Coachella were there for Morrissey. He was definitely a huge factor in the Festivals success and I am happy this Documentary gives him his due respect placing him as the first clip introducing the festival. While we may not like how Coachella has evolved, the founder has principals.
My wife and I went strictly for Morrissey. I didn't see any other bands. At the time I was annoyed to have to deal with a crowd like that to see his show.

Man, I was at that concert - back when it was in August (i think). It was very hot! There were concerns that Morrissey would play because Alain was having back issues and was wearing a brace. There were also rumors that J. Marr would come out and play with him - obviously didn't happen.

Good times!
We flew to Vegas for the show that would have been about a week before Coachella. We found out it was cancelled with everyone else, at the House of Blues. Then we had to stress about whether or not to drive to Coachella. Worked out.

No, it was October and there was heat wave. All those people crammed up to the stage waited there starting in the day time and Moz didn't go on until after sunset. I got out of that pit early and just watched from the back, so I couldn't see how sweaty Moz got until now.

Good times!

i miss steve he understands me

I understand you.
0D341BAF-6B13-441B-B503-89A8528E5B93.gif

It’s not. It’s psychosis.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom