Morrissey #1 in Top Five... Angst-ridden pop stars - Independent.ie

Top Five... Angst-ridden pop stars - Independent.ie
By Pat Fitzpatrick
As we meet alternative-music icon Marilyn Manson, we take a look at some other artists who appeal to the shoe gazers among us

1 Morrissey

Morrissey showed a gruesome video of cows being slaughtered at his recent gig in Dublin. A lot of his queasy fans were left looking at the ground. Or maybe they were just looking at their shoes, while dancing. Teenage angst. Never goes away. With a name like Steven Patrick Morrissey, our guess is that his ancestors aren't from Portugal. In fairness, it does show the true tragedy of emigration. The English ended up with Steven Patrick from the Morrissey clan. We were left with Marty.

how does being uncomfortable with watching animals being slaughtered equate to teenage angst? i dont get that

The most stupid thing I've read in a good while and that goes for the entire list. And no, I haven't been on here very much recently. Could be it.

Lazy lazy lazy journalism strikes again. Why anyone reads trash newspapers either on paper or online is a mystery to me. Most people at the Dublin gig did NOT look at their shoes during the harrowing video for Meat Is Murder. I was there and I paid some attention to the other concert goers. They were sickened but most people watched it. Seems like the newspapers only like safe boring untalented bands who play the bullshit game.

Lazy lazy lazy journalism strikes again. Why anyone reads trash newspapers either on paper or online is a mystery to me. Most people at the Dublin gig did NOT look at their shoes during the harrowing video for Meat Is Murder. I was there and I paid some attention to the other concert goers. They were sickened but most people watched it. Seems like the newspapers only like safe boring untalented bands who play the bullshit game.

its just lazy assumption and hyperbole repeated

They love things like Take That. The more mundane the better. That Gary Barlow is a brilliant songwriter don't you know? I like to ask people who say that to me, name one good song that he's ever written, always makes me laugh how nobody can think of one.

Anyway, back to Morrissey being miserable...

how does being uncomfortable with watching animals being slaughtered equate to teenage angst? i dont get that

I wondered the same thing. I dunno, it seems like Pat Fitzpatrick was trying to write something funny and forgot to make sense in the process

I wondered the same thing. I dunno, it seems like Pat Fitzpatrick was trying to write something funny and forgot to make sense in the process

yeah it doesnt make sense to me either but maybe im just missing something

When reading the article, I assumed he meant Morrissey's 'teenage angst', not the fans'.

Well I guessed two of the four remaining angst-ridden pop stars.

That strikes me as not something a lot of thought went into.

Probably because their shoes were leather. Or suede. epicFAIL! Try again.

best
BB

They'll let anyone publish an article these days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom