"Morrissey’s politics divide his LA fan base" - From Press Play (KCRW)

72cc456f-5f86-4fb2-b090-5d36393bf617.jpeg

Heard this live today on the radio program Press Play. Host Madeleine Brand interviews Melissa Hidalgo - author of “Mozlandia: Morrissey Fans in the Borderlands”. The 16 min segment can be heard at the link below:

Morrissey’s politics divide his LA fan base

Last edited:
the story of this user

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/members/thepoliticalrevolution.29191/

his story> his dad a shit> his mom a whore> an atheist is born> of course he becomes anticlerical> then naturally he becomes gay> daily habits he takes it in his ass everything everyday> licking ass he eats poop and vomits shit> but he doesn't dies of diarrhea> he will die due to an anal prolapse problem> in the end after death he turns into a monster (just like he always has been) > at the end he will go to hell with satan who smashes his ass for the eternity> #ANTICATHOLIC LIFE
this is one post where anonymous should be locked up,absolutely mental.

Announcement:

To all my friends (and foes),

I feel I have expressed everything I need to say on Morrissey and all things related, so to avoid repeating myself ad infinitum, I'm bowing out gracefully.

Long may Morrissey's truthful words continue to ruffle feathers. But fear not, as a devotee of long-standing, I will be avidly following his every strike at the politically misguided and intellectually feeble, roguishly savouring each blow.

Participating in this site has been fun, maddening and interesting, but my active engagement has now officially ceased. So on that note I bid a farewell to my friends (they know who they are), but also to my foes who I am happily assured receive a bovver boy's boot to the teeth every time Moz opens his mouth these days. My only advice is: brace yourself for more kickings (for the wise autodidact triumphs over the educated fool).

Alas, the curtain closes on the final scene of 'reelfountain' committing digital hari-kiri, but hold your tears (or celebrations) for life goes on and the planet continues to turn...

Splendour forever

xx

Is there anything you didn't steal from @Mozambiguous? And no, there's nothing that @Mozambiguous didn't steal from @BrummieBoy, before you ask.
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...2015-post-show.134437/page-12#post-1986910206

And your new username is ..... ?

;)

Probably going back to his @Derek17 username :rolleyes:

Says the other pot to the other kettle.

FFS Reelfountain step away from the keyboard. You never were a fan of The Smiths or Morrissey's music. Your only obsession is yourself and you merely used Morrissey's stupidity to uphold and promote your own racist views.

No doubt you're on the campaign trail with Hate Britian or the Brexhate Party and now hope to keep your views hidden.
Screenshot is a wonderful invention.

eventually all the decent people will be gone one by one and this place will be a wasteland of anonymous posters.

Do you mean like Reelfountain and Hofmann - both serial, anonymous posters when a defense of their hatred is needed?

eventually all the decent people will be gone one by one and this place will be a wasteland of anonymous posters.

Maybe now this f***tard has left (jury still out on that as she continues to post to her own comment anonymously) there will be less moronic, hateful, racist chat and more chat about erm, Morrissey.

Sadly, I fear you may be right.

Leaving just Skinny to argue with himself; the tiresome fool will never leave, as he simply has nowhere else to go & will be suckling on the teat of his idol for the remainder of his wasteland days.

That makes all these liberal, progressive people on hipster dating site OK Cupid who prefer dating their own race, bigots too, I assume?

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-attraction-2009-2014-107dcbb4f060

Yep, in skinny's world they are all racist, bigots...I think that skinny twat must wank himself into a frenzy every time he sees one of these multi-cultural/mixed race TV ads that we are now forced to watch here in the UK, and accept as the norm.

We're just being programmed to accept that mixed race relationships are the norm, & the advertising companies have to go along with, or risk no-one from the weak-left-fake-outragers ever buying their products...it's all getting beyond a joke now. So business promotes it just to save their business. I'm going to not buy their products because they are promoting multi-cultural relationships.

Interestingly, I saw a TV ad last night...think it was for JD Sports or something...every person in the ad was either black or Asian, with just one white person...so rather than us having the obligatory, single, token black person, we now have ads with a single token white person. So, a total swing in the other direction is happening. Madness. The reverse of race discrimination is now happening. Enoch was right all those years ago.

Leaving just Skinny to argue with himself; the tiresome fool will never leave, as he simply has nowhere else to go & will be suckling on the teat of his idol for the remainder of his wasteland days.

Said the anonymous poster who, unlike Skinny, never has had any interest in Smith or Moz.

I think you're right, snoddy...it's just become a toxic playground really, & a skinny platform for him, & his trolls, to express & try to force his/their personal views on everyone. I didn't come here for that.
This site is nothing like what I wished it would be. Great shame.

Hmmm ... if the information on your profile is correct you have posted 160 messages in 10 years. That's 16 messages on average per year. A devoted fan, indeed.

Said the anonymous poster who, unlike Skinny, never has had any interest in Smith or Moz.

Say whatever you like, Mr. Anonymous.

I’ve been a fan since my father first brought home Meat Is Murder - upon its release - & made me listen to it, aged 10.

My interest has never wained & has always been based upon the music & Morrissey as an individual; unlike your unhealthy love/hate obsession.

Hmmm ... if the information on your profile is correct you have posted 160 messages in 10 years. That's 16 messages on average per year. A devoted fan, indeed.

So how many posts I make & how long I’ve been a member of this site is how you gauge my fandom?

Some people come here for information & music, not as a soapbox for their own agendas or to argue with fools.

and on that note I’ll leave you to argue with yourself......

I think you're right, snoddy...it's just become a toxic playground really, & a skinny platform for him, & his trolls, to express & try to force his/their personal views on everyone. I didn't come here for that.
This site is nothing like what I wished it would be. Great shame.

The Skinny platform nonsense is becoming tiring. Anyone who has used this forum knows that Skinny holds very particular views; views he has no qulams about sharing. I haven't always agreed with him and have raised my objections accordingly. Morrissey holds very particular views; views he has no qualms about sharing. When Morrissey does so the Moz-bots descend and often defend the indefensible. Morrissey, it seems, can do no wrong. For over two years this forum has been a festering sore of hatred. The hatred has be perpetrated, not always by the Moz-bots, but entryist right-wing hate-peddlers. It is these hate-peddlers that have changed the forum beyond all recognition. They have become the accepted norm within this forum and have generated division; the very reason they entered the forum in the first place.

Long-standing users have colluded with this plague or have sat by and allowed it to occur. Racists, anti-semites, homophobes etc., they have all, it seems, been welcomed.

Rather than an army of Skinny's what I have witnessed is consistent attempts to marginalise Skinny and to some degree this has worked. The hate-peddlers repeating the same stock phrases - a la Trump - it has sunk in and is the new truth.

I won't ever agree with all that Skinny has to say, and more so how he says it, but I think it incredibly unhealthy that there is a concerted attempt to close down his views (unsuccesfully) whilst arguing that Morrissey has a right to free speech.

Skinny, let's not forget, is a Smiths fan and was once a devoted Morrissey fan. Morrissey, he feels, has let himself down and continues to do so. I agree with Skinny. I know, I'm as shocked as anyone.

So ... if you genuinely believe that Morrissey isn't racist why do you allow other users - registered and anonymous - to continually make racist statements that go unchallenged? Why would you want such material appearing on this site. You can moan about Skinny all you want (and you do) but perhaps energies could be better directed to the blatant racist, anti-semites and homophobes etc. It's just a thought. A thought that will be shot down. Ho hum.

So how many posts I make & how long I’ve been a member of this site is how you gauge my fandom?

Some people come here for information & music, not as a soapbox for their own agendas or to argue with fools.

and on that note I’ll leave you to argue with yourself......

Talk about a touched nerve. I think you may have reached your message quota for this year - goodbye!

Tags
for britain kcrw latino los angeles morrissey racism
Back
Top Bottom