Morrissey’s lyrics have been the weakest thing about Morrissey’s music since 2004

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

I don’t know...

Bad lyrics from a 2004 release:
Slum Mums
America Is Not The World
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
Don’t Make Fun of Daddy’s Voice
I Am Two People
Mexico

Blah blah blah. More bullshit.

Go and listen to the lyrics on the World Peace is None of Your Business and Low in High School albums.

But you won't do that, so I'll await your next thread with bated breath...

Blah blah blah. More bullshit.

Go and listen to the lyrics on the World Peace is None of Your Business and Low in High School albums.

But you won't do that, so I'll await your next thread with bated breath...

Are you trying to infer I haven’t? LOL. f*** off.

Is anon trying to imply the lyrics on LIHS are good? LIHS straight up has the worst lyrics from any Morrissey album, "All The Young People" is one of the most generic "woke" songs I've ever heard in my life and "In Your Lap" sounds like they just shoved Morrissey into the recording booth right after he woke up and told him to sing something for 7 minutes

I don’t know...

Bad lyrics from a 2004 release:
Slum Mums
America Is Not The World
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
Don’t Make Fun of Daddy’s Voice
I Am Two People
Mexico
If your criterion is just some of the lyrics not being so great, then 1982.

If you had've done, you wouldn't've typed "Morrissey’s lyrics have been the weakest thing about Morrissey’s music since 2004".

Are you retarded? Morrissey’s lyrics are definitely the weakest things about World Peace and Low In High School. Lol.

If your criterion is just some of the lyrics not being so great, then 1982.

The earliest era with a prevalence of whole songs filled with shit lyrics that have no redeeming qualities is my criterion.

You keep saying that but all this is doing is cementing that you have horrible taste in Morrissey lyrics.

Just go and listen to those two albums again.

Do you honestly think that Mountjoy is lyrically weak?

Just go and listen to those two albums again.

Do you honestly think that Mountjoy is lyrically weak?

A) I didn’t say every song was lyrically weak.
B) World Peace Is None of Your Business, Earth Is The Loneliest Planet, The Bullfighter Dies, Kiss Me A Lot, and Staircase at the University are all lyrically weak songs and that is nearly half the album
C) Low In High School is almost entirely lyrically weak

A) I didn’t say every song was lyrically weak.
B) World Peace Is None of Your Business, Earth Is The Loneliest Planet, The Bullfighter Dies, Kiss Me A Lot, and Staircase at the University are all lyrically weak songs and that is nearly half the album
C) Low In High School is almost entirely lyrically weak

A) You wrote: "Morrissey’s lyrics have been the weakest thing about Morrissey’s music since 2004". Now you're saying that you "didn't say every song was lyrically weak" and (C) "almost entirely lyrically weak". Make your mind up!

B) World Peace Is None of Your Business is a cracking track. Lyrically and musically. The Bullfighter Dies is f***ing brilliant. The bullfighter dies ffs! Earth is the Loneliest Planet of All is also f***ing great. Kiss Me A Lot and Staircase at the University are both really good songs. I dare you to listen to Kiss Me A Lot, without singing along! It's f***ing impossible! I've tried!

C) Low In High School isn't "almost entirely lyrically weak". It's a great album.

A) You wrote: "Morrissey’s lyrics have been the weakest thing about Morrissey’s music since 2004". Now you're saying that you "didn't say every song was lyrically weak" and (C) "almost entirely lyrically weak". Make your mind up!

B) World Peace Is None of Your Business is a cracking track. Lyrically and musically. The Bullfighter Dies is f***ing brilliant. The bullfighter dies ffs! Earth is the Loneliest Planet of All is also f***ing great. Kiss Me A Lot and Staircase at the University are both really good songs. I dare you to listen to Kiss Me A Lot, without singing along! It's f***ing impossible! I've tried!

C) Low In High School isn't "almost entirely lyrically weak". It's a great album.

When you can read and comprehend, we can continue this discussion.

Don't forget, it's all subjective; certain stuff holds some appeal for some, but maybe not for others, possibly due to many factors, beat, lyric, meaning, vocals, length of song, even album cover, etc.
You might score Kiss Me A Lot a 10, others might give it a 4. Staircase I'd give 5, you might think 10. The list could go on ad infinitum. There would never be consensus.

Don't forget, it's all subjective; certain stuff holds some appeal for some, but maybe not for others, possibly due to many factors, beat, lyric, meaning, vocals, length of song, even album cover, etc.
You might score Kiss Me A Lot a 10, others might give it a 4. Staircase I'd give 5, you might think 10. The list could go on ad infinitum. There would never be consensus.

I love Kiss Me A Lot and Staircase. World Peace is probably my overall favorite Solo album...but I’m quite aware that the lyrics for both of these songs are lazy and bad. He makes it work though.

This thread needs more stupid gifs of dancing, it's such a pleasure to scroll through

This thread needs more stupid gifs of dancing, it's such a pleasure to scroll through
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom