Morrissey’s lyrics have been the weakest thing about Morrissey’s music since 2004

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Most fans would be delighted if he just sung Smiths songs intermingled with the classic solo songs?

If Morrissey is so rigid that he can’t recognize his own weaknesses and adapt, then yeah I guess the battle is lost.

If someone like Leonard Cohen, who was an infinitely better lyricist than Morrissey ever was, had to take the time to labor and craft lyrics as he grew older then there is no defeat in Morrissey doing the same.

Leonard Cohen sucks. Awful voice and no musical talent outside of his one good song being covered by better signer's

I'll say it again, Morrissey's singles from LIHS are better than any singles he put between that and V&I way back in 94. Viva,put on some boxers and let your balls breathe your giving Moz too hard a time. He's 60, his voice sounds incredible and he's still edgier than all these young so called rebels out there that promote whatever agenda they're told. Nationalism has become the new counter culture

I'll say it again, Morrissey's singles from LIHS are better than any singles he put between that and V&I way back in 94. Viva,put on some boxers and let your balls breathe your giving Moz too hard a time. He's 60, his voice sounds incredible and he's still edgier than all these young so called rebels out there that promote whatever agenda they're told. Nationalism has become the new counter culture

How about you breathe on my balls inbetween sucking them?

You're insane. Cohen has a career because he's Jewish. I'll take that charming Irish boy Steven over the small hat any day
You're quite right.

If Morrissey were a talented young artist trying to get somewhere today he'd have to return to his bedroom and a life of obscurity. Because there is no way a working class white boy from Stretford making alternative music would ever be signed by a record company now. The British music scene seems populated only by those with familial connections to the small hats, the rich Eton-educated, or low IQ rappers who can hardly string two coherent words together but act as performing 'jesters' for the masses.

It's a sad state of affairs. Moz's words circa 85 of "One has to, by definition, be black to get on Top of the Pops these days" seem like a kind of prophesy.

Back
Top Bottom