Morrissey Central "Morrissey’s International And Diverse Appeal" (May 19, 2021)

I can't explain why, but this version made me cry. I can imagine how Morrissey must feel when he listens to the covers of his fans.

This "appeal" thing goes back to at least 2006.

"I think my appeal is wide, but I'm always told by the print media that it is narrow - and of course, they should know, and I shouldn't."

(TTY Q&A)

I can understand why M does this, though I wish with all my heart and will that he wouldn't.
It just looks so naff and needy .
Intelligent people know M wouldn't have lasted so long if he wasn't an international act with fans of different ethnic groups.
Anyone who has ever spent time in America will know he has black and asian fans, as well as white and Mexican .

In the UK , when the racist stuff started getting too much, in the 90s, M toured with black singer David McAlmont.
Around 2016 the racist stuff started boiling over again and along came"Cancel Morrissey" hashtags. So, he did a record with Gloria Jones and now A$AP Rocky- to think Morrissey turned down Prince and yet he teams up with this guy . So many great records could have been made if M was "with it"

The trouble is , no matter how its spun or how good the record is, anyone who has been a fan of M's knows the only reason he is doing this , is to steal back some cred, I hope it works.

To me he is now in danger of killing the one thing that was still credible about him, his artistic vision ..His " I am an island " type stance.
You knock him, you could block him, you could be hateful with hashstags but he would steal away, Unchanging in his vision.unmovable form his position.Alas, now even that seems to have gone.
He is on record for hating hip hop, when most of us were listening to KRS One , Public Enemy , Eric B and Rakim and so on
At times thinking. "Imagine Morrisseys vocal had some hard beats behind " M would dash such ideas, being vocal about his hatred of all things Hip Hop. The closet he ever got every before this was saying Public Enemy were powerful.
Yet now he is doing this. Making a Hip Hop record to try a boost his public image.

Shocking

This "appeal" thing goes back to at least 2006.

"I think my appeal is wide, but I'm always told by the print media that it is narrow - and of course, they should know, and I shouldn't."

(TTY Q&A)

It goes all the way back to the 80s when he objected to the press thinking only depressed nerds were Morrissey fans.

It goes all the way back to the 80s when he objected to the press thinking only depressed nerds were Morrissey fans.

Yeah, I was thinking more about the wording itself.
Part of why he always refused to be pigeonholed was that he wanted his audience to be as diverse and universal as possible.

I can understand why M does this, though I wish with all my heart and will that he wouldn't.
Intelligent people know M wouldn't have lasted so long if he wasn't an international act with fans of different ethnic groups.
Anyone who has ever spent time in America will know he has black and asian fans, as well as white and Mexican .

In the UK , when the racist stuff started getting too much, in the 90s, M toured with black singer David McAlmont.
Around 2016 the racist stuff started boiling over again and along came"Cancel Morrissey" hashtags. So, he did a record with Gloria Jones and now A$AP Rocky- to think Morrissey turned down Prince and yet he teams up with this guy . So many great records could have been made if M was "with it"

The trouble is , no matter how its spun or how good the record is, anyone who has been a fan of M's knows the only reason he is doing this , is to steal back some cred, I hope it works.

To me he is now in danger of killing the one thing that was still credible about him, his artistic vision ..His " I am an island " type stance.
You knock him, you could block him, you could be hateful with hashstags but he would steal away, Unchanging in his vision.unmovable form his position.Alas, now even that seems to have gone.
He is on record for hating hip hop, when most of us were listening to KRS One , Public Enemy , Eric B and Rakim and so on
At times thinking. "Imagine Morrisseys vocal had some hard beats behind " M would dash such ideas, being vocal about his hatred of all things Hip Hop. The closet he ever got every before this was saying Public Enemy were powerful.
Yet now he is doing this. Making a Hip Hop record to try a boost his public image.

Shocking

He was also "on record" for "hating" synthesisers, yet he's used them loads and IANADOAC exists...

I think it's his process - he rejects things he doesn't want to do or be at the time he's working on an album - but that doesn't mean they'll stay rejected forever.

Or maybe he just changes his opinion from time to time. Like everyone does.

Shocking

Wha? Morrissey worked with Gloria Jones ?

and someone rated your post ‘informative’.

Shocking

Shocking
Unless Moz single handedly cures cancer he will get slagged whatever he does. Some of us are just grateful that he hasn't decided to retire to a ski resort, which he would well be within his rights to do, after the shite continually thrown his way.

Jesus, "Morrissey’s International And Diverse Appeal" is just an attempt of Camp Moz stating "Look! I'm not a completely washed-up, xenophobic misanthrope. I appeal to all kinds of people, so I can't as racist as the woke, leftist sheep think that I am!" How so very transparent.

Sweet lord, that FOTGTD cover was magnificent. Excellent singing, excellent guitar playing, and an excellent new take making a fantastic song even better. There is still beauty in this world.

What’s Skinny going to say about this. ? Brown folk singing Morrissey songs.
What’s that platter the female FOTGTD has in front of her 🦠

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom