Morrison, CO - Red Rocks (July 16, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Staircase At The University / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by ThievesLikeUs, correction by mcse2200, setlist.fm

• Morrissey, Future Islands at Red Rocks Amphitheatre review by Ian Gassman, photos by Lisa Higginbotham (24 total) - Reverb

morrison.jpg
  • Morrissey / Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO (283 photos / videos) - CrowdAlbum

Last edited:
Some one posted a pic of a deer near the venue, bet the animals enjoyed his music, sure he would have liked that.

Not the cows and pigs who mourn the loss of their offspring so he could eat cheese, wear leather and suede for 33 years, whilst singing "Meat Is Murder" #MorrisseyIsMurder #HypocrisyOnStilts

best
GOBB

Summary: Good show, but too much drama and personal medical issue prevented my enjoyment

I was at the show early, lucky to get quite good seats, up front, front row.

Contrary to others, I really enjoyed Future Islands. They were a bit odd, but the front man's passion and presence were exquisite.

I'd say venue was 2/3 to 3/4 full. Capacity is listed as 9450.

Prior to Moz coming on, we went to buy t-shirts. Another person apparently took one of the t-shirts on the table and the vendor accused me of stealing it and being in cahoots with them. Much drama as they called police over who wanted to see my ID, I said I have no shirt, I didn't take it. She demanded I pay for this shirt another person took, I declined and asked for manager, she said she'd have me thrown out, manager said if you didn't take I can't ask you to pay for it.

As the show started, we moved from our front row seats to the front crude imposing railing. A drunk 25-30 year old woman who someone called "Julian" was yelling at a person that had been sitting by us. She flipped him off and pushed her hand into his face. He slapped her hand away. Security came up and asked me what happened as the two people shouted at each other, as I was behind and between them.

Now, here's more drama. This was "Front row Security" which is apparently different from "Stage Security" which seems to also be different from Morrissey's personal security.

The woman screamed as I expained what I saw demanding that the person she flipped off be thrown out, and me too because "I was trying to get her thrown out." The front row security guy explained to stage security he was looking into it and the stage security ignored him and immediately "took the side" of the drunk lady. Apparently she was friends with the front row security because they demanded I move away from her (in front of the seats I'd purchased.) I declined and they said I could leave if I didn't. So, I moved over and ended up about 3 people from the front, 20 feet to the left. As I was walking away, in clear of both Front Row and Stage security, she threw her cup at my and it hit my ear. It hurt, but not badly, but the affront was cruel and explicitly ignored by Security. After she did that, she started screaming that both me and my wife had hit her and should be thrown out. Just silly, and they left her there, at the front, barely able to stand against the rail, screaming at anyone and everyone. Hard to believe but it was so. Shame on them.

Not the end of the world, first world problems, right? Still, it's so sad to be waylaid by such drama at such an opportunity to see Moz.

Morrissey came out and was in fine form, strong, confident, focused, consumate professional.

As the crowd pushed more my wife (on a crutch and foot brace) was in front of me with my arms around her keeping people from bumping her. Shortly after the third song started, she fainted, from the heat or dehydration or who knows what, maybe from that denver 'scent' as silly as it might sound.

I didn't know she'd fainted, I just knew she had collapsed in my arms, back into me. After 5 seconds I realized she wasn't responsive and I walked backwards through the crowd, bumping people with my back for 60 seconds or so, dragging her to the side and laying her down on her back. I checked her breathing and it was fine, so I asked Security to call a medic.

After some time, they arrived with a gurney and we went into the bowels of Red Rocks to the first aid/medical room, from which we distantly listened to the rest of the concert.

The EMTs did a fine job of support and care.

Here are my complaints:

1. It's not my job as a customer to guard the vendors shirts and they shouldn't act as if it is.

2. Security paid no attention to the seat # listed on my armband, and clearly played favorites with this drunk lady.

3. Alot of the front row crowd seemed to lack of sense of kindness or love, and were quite inconsiderate. I'm used to fending for myself at Moz show, and it's quite different when one is tending to a lame wife.

I'm sad how things turned out. Trouble loves me, I suppose. Thanks for listening.

Wife is fine which is really all that matters, and we see him again in SLC, but this time I'll stay away from unruly people.

So many of us are drawn to Morrissey because of our challenges, our battles, and the strengths and perspective he gives us.

I've seen him regularly since 1989 or so, and it just seems over time that our sad group has bifurcated into gentle caring kind people, and broken angry people. Of course, a large set of concert goers are ambivalent to the core issues, but.. I don't know.

Such a little thing as kindness and courtesy makes such a big difference.

A lot of the front row crowd seemed to lack of sense of kindness or love, and were quite inconsiderate.

Morrissey is entirely aware of, and responsible for, the psychotic sociopaths that are The Front Row, The List, the Cult. He is also responsible, ethcially, along with the promoter and venue, for the behaviour of his security teams. Nothing you write surprises me. Morrissey glorifies 'Viva Hate' and gets EXACTLY the delusional, deranged 'fans' he craves and deserves. But now, it's all getting bit sad. Half-sold venues, bald middle aged men rushing the stage to hug a frail delusional C-list celeb who manufactured the mania as he manufactured everything else about his Autofiction pop star image. The wheels are coming off the wagon and the bottles of snake-oil labelled 'Animal Rights', 'Radical Singer' and 'NotAPerformingSeal' are crashing onto concrete. Couldn't happen to a nicer c***.

best
GOBB

Bloody hell -- what an amazing "venue" to see the Man. Lucky people who were there!

Lucky were those who kept their dollars in their pockets thus ensuring a half-empty 'showpiece' to boast about to disinterested 'record companies'. LOL!

best
GOBB

Agreed. I was at his show at the Tilles Center on Long Island in January of 2013 and one woman basically mauled him onstage towards the end of the show, digging her hands into his neck. If you watch the video online, Morrissey first is standing very still for a few minutes after like 6 security guys pulled this maniac off him, and then is adjusting his neck and looks kinda miffed. I really don't understand the mentality of the stage invaders sometimes. I understand wanting to shake his hand, or give him a hug, but to pounce on him like a wild animal potentially hurting yourself and him in the process, I don't get it....

Morrissey has ALWAYS cultivated this ficttitious 'fan worship' by exploiting the mentally ill Cult members aka: The List, The Front Row. He is shameless, a narcissist who uses others as a resource for his vanity, instead of walking off stage each and every time some sad casualty tries to act as if he's a star. He isn't. But now it's all rather funny, bald men chasing a greying wizened hag who really needs to heed his own advice and "Get Off Of The Stage" or, if not, move to a more age-appropriate and safer experience for his Boomer audience as they near retirement. He'll never retire because he, like his fans, is a total casualty, without any meaning or purpose beyond rehashing the nonsense that his songs and stagecraft represent some 'radical challenge' rather than smart exploitation of 'Radical Chic'. More *popcorn* as we review the Morrissey Mid-West Oven Tour of 2015

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

Victim much?

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

LOL! Given the heat/humidity problems reporting for these ill-chosen venues, that's rich. You are the victim, by defending the Cult, the Front Row, the List. No doubt you are one of them, but can't raise the funds to be out there in the Ovens of the Mid-West that is this car-crash tour.

best
GOBB

The guy's obsessed with having (& not having) a record label, which is weird, because labels don't have money to promote artists anymore (at least a guy at his level), & all they'd do is take half/three-fourths of the money brought in from sales. I honestly think he was thinking if he did a successful tour where 60% of the material is from a record that is currently not available, someone would want to get on that train, sign him up, & re-release it. After doing Madison Square didn't budge the industry (something Moz noted), maybe he kinda gave up & said "Eh, let's just play whatever", though "whatever" is limited because the band's in the middle of a tour.

I love him, but what label would take a chance on him nowadays? He thinks he's a bigger star than he is (he's an icon, but he's no star, not in 2015), but his attitude does not match his sales. And streaming is all most do anyway---why split the .002 cents with anyone? *I* can get my music on the streaming sites (& iTunes, Amazon, etc), but I can't run a Morrissey tour to promote it.

Insider Info !

There is a very strong rumour doing the rounds (do you know what I'm sayin? )
We could be getting an exclusive statement from TTY as early as tomorrow announcing that a record deal has indeed been negotiated and signed. The rumour doing the rounds suggests that Kerrygold will be released a little later than promised (end of July ) on the BBC c***RYFILE label. A one album deal with the possibility of being extended in the small print sales pending.

Hooray ! Hooray ! Our man has pulled it off once again (let's keep all our fingers crossed till the statement drops in )

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Red Rocks holds about 9,000 and I'd say there were probably 5,000 there

Another over-reach, yet San Diego sold out 'immediately'. Because: tiny venue? It must sting Morrissey to realise that with these figures for Red Rocks, London and Hull, the writing's on the wall. He's dropping songs from WPINOYB as promoters feed back that audiences are snoring through them.

best
GOBB

id say there were maybe 3000 at most there.

Morrissey has ALWAYS cultivated this ficttitious 'fan worship' by exploiting the mentally ill Cult members aka: The List, The Front Row. He is shameless, a narcissist who uses others as a resource for his vanity, instead of walking off stage each and every time some sad casualty tries to act as if he's a star. He isn't. But now it's all rather funny, bald men chasing a greying wizened hag who really needs to heed his own advice and "Get Off Of The Stage" or, if not, move to a more age-appropriate and safer experience for his Boomer audience as they near retirement. He'll never retire because he, like his fans, is a total casualty, without any meaning or purpose beyond rehashing the nonsense that his songs and stagecraft represent some 'radical challenge' rather than smart exploitation of 'Radical Chic'. More *popcorn* as we review the Morrissey Mid-West Oven Tour of 2015

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! Given the heat/humidity problems reporting for these ill-chosen venues, that's rich. You are the victim, by defending the Cult, the Front Row, the List. No doubt you are one of them, but can't raise the funds to be out there in the Ovens of the Mid-West that is this car-crash tour.

best
GOBB[/

Regardless if any of the above is true or not...what makes you think you are any different than these so called sociopathic, obsessed fans on "the list". At least those lunatics are blogging, instagramming the show. Not bullying and taking over concert review message boards on some two bit "fan" website ranting about cheese and wagons coming undone.

I guess you and David Tseng have an understanding. Maybe you two are even lovers. Can't see how he can possibly be gaining more readers, advertisers by allowing you to take over message boards with your daily b.s.

The guy's obsessed with having (& not having) a record label, which is weird, because labels don't have money to promote artists anymore (at least a guy at his level), & all they'd do is take half/three-fourths of the money brought in from sales. I honestly think he was thinking if he did a successful tour where 60% of the material is from a record that is currently not available, someone would want to get on that train, sign him up, & re-release it. After doing Madison Square didn't budge the industry (something Moz noted), maybe he kinda gave up & said "Eh, let's just play whatever", though "whatever" is limited because the band's in the middle of a tour.

I love him, but what label would take a chance on him nowadays? He thinks he's a bigger star than he is (he's an icon, but he's no star, not in 2015), but his attitude does not match his sales. And streaming is all most do anyway---why split the .002 cents with anyone? *I* can get my music on the streaming sites (& iTunes, Amazon, etc), but I can't run a Morrissey tour to promote it.

because itd take a lot of his time which he might not want to have taken up with tasks he hates doing. i dont think he believed people or labels would really want to rerelease world peace. i imagine he knows the sales figures and inventory stock much much better than either of us.

any details forthcoming on the new Morrissey album? is it really titled Kerrygold?

Stop being a prick

The victims we know so well
They shine in your eyes
When they kiss and tell
Strange places we never see
But you're always there
Like a ghost in my dream
And I keep on telling you
Please don't do the things you do
When you do those things
Pull my puppet strings
I have the strangest void for you

We love and we never tell
What places our hearts in the wishing well
Love leads us into the stream
And it's sink or swim
Like it's always been
And I keep on loving you
It's the only thing to do
When the angel sings
There are greater things
Can I give them all to you

Pull the strings of emotion
Take a ride into unknown pleasure
Feel like a child on a dark night
Wishing there was some kind of heaven
I could be warm with you smiling
Hold out your hand for a while
The victims we know them so well...

They shine in your eyes when they kiss and tell
But you're always there like a ghost in my dream
When you do those things, pull my puppet strings

Show my heart some devotion
Push aside those that whisper never
Wishing there were some kind of heaven
The victims we know them so well, so well...

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

best
GOBB[/

Regardless if any of the above is true or not...what makes you think you are any different than these so called sociopathic, obsessed fans on "the list". At least those lunatics are blogging, instagramming the show. Not bullying and taking over concert review message boards on some two bit "fan" website ranting about cheese and wagons coming undone.

I guess you and David Tseng have an understanding. Maybe you two are even lovers. Can't see how he can possibly be gaining more readers, advertisers by allowing you to take over message boards with your daily b.s.

Please help the cause against Quote Function misuse.

best
GOBB

They shine in your eyes
When they kiss and tell
But you're always there
Like a ghost in my dream
When you do those things
Pull my puppet strings

We love and we never tell
What places our hearts in the wishing well
Love leads us into the stream
And it's sink or swim
Like it's always been
And I keep on loving you
It's the only thing to do
When the angel sings
There are greater things
Can I give them all to you

Pull the strings of emotion
Take a ride into unknown pleasure
Wishing there was some kind of heaven
The victims we know them so well...

They shine in your eyes when they kiss and tell
But you're always there like a ghost in my dream
When you do those things, pull my puppet strings

Show my heart some devotion
Push aside those that whisper never
Wishing there were some kind of heaven
The victims we know them so well, so well...

Wow, you can cut and paste! Pretty clever. Get a life, loser.

For those not in on the Kerrygold joke:

http://kerrygoldusa.com/products?category=3

Anonymous - July 16, 2015, 06:36 PM Reply
T T Y STATEMENT !

Track listing for Kerrygold confirmed.

Harvest for the world : The Islay Brothers
Take a chance on me : Abba
Violater : Depeche Mode
Dairy days : Bruce Springsteen
I beg your pardon I never promised a meat free square garden : Lynn Anderson
Give pizza a chance : John and Yoko
Gypsies tramps and cheese : Cher
Like a vegan (but not) : Madonna
I can't go back to dairy now : John Shuttleworth (John Shuttleworth on the Yamaha )
The great pretender : The Platters
I veal love : Donna Summer
Would I lie to you : Charles and Eddie
For Nandos : Abba
The Plaice I love : The jam
Humasexuality : Billy Bragg ( also featuring on vocals/guitar )

Morrissey will also be signing copies of Kerrygold to coincide with live UK dates

HULL ARENA 18th SEPTEMBER

LONDON EVENTIM APOLLO 20th and 21st SEPTEMBER
Tickets unusually still available

Signings
17th August @ GO RECORDS, COTTINGHAM RD, KINGSTON UPON HULL. doors open 10:00 am

19th August @ VINYL BOUTIQUE RECORDS 88 PARKWAY, CAMDEN TOWN. doors open 10:13 am

Morrissey will only be signing copies of Kerrygold purchased in store on the day.

Any artwork for Kerrygold should be submitted to Morrissey-solo by the 28th July.

Not the cows and pigs who mourn the loss of their offspring so he could eat cheese, wear leather and suede for 33 years, whilst singing "Meat Is Murder" #MorrisseyIsMurder #HypocrisyOnStilts

best
GOBB

Cows mourning? They might need cownselling! Jesus died when he was 33 years old as well so that may be a messianic sign. I take it you are anti-Christian as Jesus loved to tuck into a fried fish dish after a hard day's cross making. Do you email churches daily to complain about Jesus's 33 years of eating fish or do you just target Morrissey Solo readers?

I'm hearing from my sources that the crew are hard at work changing the backdrop during The Queen is Dead.

The new image will be the picture of Edward the VIII teaching the Nazi salute to the queen.

This might fly in America but not in the UK.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom