"Morning Starship" single (Jobriath cover) - Messages from Morrissey ~ available 20th March 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joe frady, Mar 20, 2019.

By joe frady on Mar 20, 2019 at 9:48 AM
  1. joe frady

joe frady Vile Refusenik

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joe frady, Mar 20, 2019.

1. TJ Burns
      TJ Burns
      Wow. This one is brilliant.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. clemmentine
      clemmentine
      his voice is so wonderful, i’ve never heard it this clear before. i just think it would add to it if it were slightly less produced but oh well he’s incredible.
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    3. TJ Burns
      TJ Burns
      I adore this, it is the best thing he has released in a while. Never did I imagine that he would own this song in this way.
      • Like Like x 3
    4. Eustace Walks
      Eustace Walks
      I feel like this is my 'thing' now haha, so here - for whoever would like it - is my alternate artwork (incorporating colour gradient from the original Jobriath album sleeve) :)

Tried, Sighed & Died.jpg
      • Like Like x 11
    5. joe frady
      joe frady
      :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    6. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Ridiculous. .....straight up stupid
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun

:thumb: That’s it !

• Like Like x 2
    8. Eustace Walks
      Eustace Walks
      Thanks!
      • Like Like x 1
    9. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Great song, typical great taste by the all time greatest artist......I for one did not expect anything less
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Any chance you could create a version with Morrissey, Morning Starship, the stereo logo and the 45rpm etched into the steps? No colour or anything else.
    11. ACTON
      ACTON
      That's mad. Nobody could defend the lazy way half decent artwork is mangled by whichever bin collector in Moz's camp looks after the album and single covers these days. It makes Bowie's shite cover for The Next Day look like a Rembrandt.

[​IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 2
    12. Eustace Walks
      Eustace Walks
      My software's pretty basic... that's an annoying photo for making font stand out on!
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Does your software allow you to zoom in? If so, you wouldn't need to use a font. You could 'graffiti' the steps.
    14. Mayfly
      Mayfly
      Thanks for posting the links to both the Morrissey cover and the original.
      Not being very familiar with the original, Morrissey's version sounds has the familiar feel of a Morrissey song, which means he has soehow made it his own. And that is a good thing.
      But compared to the original, his version sounds a bit tame, missing some of the excitement of the original. That being said, Morrissey's voice is more pleasant to listen to.
      And the music of the original sounds dated (clearly 70s opéra rock), but I really love it. Band & producer could have gone full blast on this one (in the style of Art Hounds).
      I probaby need to give it a few more listenings, preferably not back to back with the original.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Can someone explain the lyrics? Is 'morning starship' a euphamism for 'morning wood'? :squiffy:
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      thats my thought
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Well this line, 'The girl the girl the girl had flown my morning starship', reminds me of The Beatles' Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown). So, maybe they did the deed, she did but he didn't?

'She's gone away what can I do'

You've gotta do, what you've gotta do...
    18. Bruce Wayne
      Bruce Wayne
      [​IMG]
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      But yeah, Jobriath was gay, so 'she' becomes 'he'.
    20. matto
      matto