More UK dates; band line up from TTY

UK dates - true-to-you.net
7 May 2011

Morrissey will play the following UK concerts:

Tuesday 5 July STOKE Victoria Hall
Thursday 7 July LEEDS Academy
Friday 8 July MIDDLESBROUGH Town Hall

Please see venue websites for ticket availability.

Opening at Stoke will be ALL THE YOUNG, opening at Leeds will be THE HEARTBREAKS, opening at Middlesbrough will be KRISTEEN YOUNG.

Morrissey's band for all 2011 dates are Boz Boorer, Jesse Tobias, Solomon Walker, Matt Walker and Gustavo Manzur.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was rather hoping Bridlington might be on the list again. The Spa's had a big refit since Moz played there last. Day out at the seaside thrown in and a free doss-down for as many folks who can fit on my floor without fighting. :thumb:

So glad the Walker brothers are with us again. Musical talent aside, they do provide a fair quota of eye candy:thumb:

I love Matt but I think there are better bass players out there than Solomon. He seems a little sloppy when I've seen him.

great bigger veneus
does any of you know which one's the best for seating [if there are]

thanks in advance

still hoping at euro festivals after Scandinavia

Please, someone let mde know...So is there really a new album we can wait for? Is this really true? And if it's true, when do you think it will happen? Thank you!!!!

"Ireland next... Come on!"
"do a couple of dates in a small to medium size venue in London!"
"Come back to Oslo!"
"And Bergen!!!"
"I hope he will do some more European gigs"
"moz angeles is waiting"
"Dear MORRISSEY: California Tour Dates?"
"...the dates that actually matter: CALIFORNIA!"
"US, please!"
"Chicago please!"
"manchester date please"
"Moz, come back to Australia this year"
"Belgium is waiting!"

you missed eropean festivals/gigs in france,germany, belgium or holland

Please, someone let mde know...So is there really a new album we can wait for? Is this really true? And if it's true, when do you think it will happen? Thank you!!!!

Adam Ant said Boz was working on the new album.

the upcoming gigs are IMHO opinion to get a good recordlabel, as Morrissey
currently is without a labelcontract, which is necisarily if you want to release
an album/single/DVD

the past releases were just from Morrissey period and deal with EMI, he took over
when the Smiths split, The Smiths signed a deal for 4/5 albums with EMI, and
Strangways was the last for Rough Trade though Rank confuses me, well it's great,
but I thought not really a must, but songs recorded for RT, and a proper goodbye
to the company who earned good money and PR from The Smiths...

so when Strangeways released after the split and as a band , te other 3 minus Marr
tried with another but it didn't work out, so Morrissey went sole, with Street recording
Viva Hate , not even a year after the split, and became his first solo album and nmbr 1

FYI

'I hate it when people think they are in the know, which I aint, I just grew up
as a young adult in 1983, being 18 discovering the Smiths, in Holland/Netherlands,
so followed The Smiths and Morrissey as much as info got in Dutch magfazines, more
small items, news in OOR, once the the best alternative or not hitchart bands magazine,
it real weent down with the i'net and other musicmedia'

Yeah, let's do a Solo Smiths/Morrissey contest, 5 bucks/euroos, 2 for the server
and costs for keeping this site running, 2 for Peta, 1 for getting nice items for the 3 best
[no i pass , I know my place, ,and people who I'm jealous cause they are much better informed]

Last edited:
Freakin' Jesse Tobias is back for this tour (and probably new album) and that Sucks. He's a flat-out terrible guitarist.

It also doesn't help that Solomon "one-string thumper" is back on bass as well.

Yeah, really good band you have there, Moz.

Hello Patrick,

First I would like to say that I respect your opinion. It would be nice if you could respect mine. Secondly, i'd strongly like to say I never jeered kristeen young while she was on stage. My opinion formed when those vile words fell like bricks out of her mouth. While you may believe it was Morrissey's people that fired her, I find it hard to believe. Morrrissey is always in control of whatever situation that surrounds him. As for your closed-minded jab, if you are insinuating that I am, or shoving me into any category what-so-ever, then you need to think again. Just because Morrissey is a fan and friend of hers doesn't mean I have to like her too. Personally I think his best opening act was in 1997 with The Smokiing Popes. And, yes...she was still very disrepectful in my opinion. However, he's forgiven her I guess, and that's a real honor coming from Morrissey. Let's hope she doesn't foul it up again.

i rather enjoy kristeen young, and it makes perfect sense that morrissey would too, considering the melodrama in her music, her unique and expressive vocals, and her brash and confrontational point of view. let's not all forget that the reason she said moz gives great head (or cunnilingus, rather) was because people were jeering her while she was trying to perform. so while you say she was "disrespectful to morrissey," i really think the greater disrespect was done to mozza by closedminded fans; morrissey wouldn't have her as an opener if he himself were not a fan of her music. it worked out for me, as ted leo and the pharmacists (one of my favorite bands) snatched her up as their supporting act after the whole debacle, so i was fortunate enough to see her in a club rather than an ampitheatre setting. the fact that she's back supporting him only confirms my original suspicions that she was sacked back in 2007 by morrissey's people, and not by the man himself.

why the f*** are you not doing manchester when you come from manchester?

It also doesn't help that Solomon "one-string thumper" is back on bass as well.

Solomon was written great basslines since he's been in the band for one album. Stuff like All You Need Is Me, One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell, That's How People Grow Up and yes...My Dearest Love. The last one is especially groovy in the bass department!

why the f*** are you not doing manchester when you come from manchester?

Moz said in the dermot o'leary interview he's bored of playing the same venues
so as you can probbably gather from the list, he's branching out to new places

the last time moz was in middlesbrough was october 1986 , so i missed the man appearing with the smiths . so this will make up for those long years of none appearance here in the boro .

my dearest love , in my opinion is a song that most other bands would have released as a single but moz being moz released it as a b-side . an excellent song

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom